• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think Ash still carries Pikachu's Pokeball?

Do you think he still carries Pikachu's Pokeball around?

• Yes

Votes: 69 78.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • He threw it away

Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Well we all know Pikachu hates being inside a pokeball [so says the first episode]. So what do you think Ash did with Pikachu's Pokeball?

I think he has it in a special place, a keepsake if you will call it. Or maybe he just threw it in a river seeing that he wont need it.
    e.o

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I'm pretty sure he used it in one episode in the early seasons, when he tried to get Pikachu inside it because they were freezing to death on a mountain and he wanted Pikachu to be warm.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Yeah, I remember that episode. But, on topic, I think he still caries it around as a keepsake. Just like how he carries around the other half of the broken Pokeball he obtained back when he was fishing (against) Gary.

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Yeah, I remember that episode. But, on topic, I think he still caries it around as a keepsake. Just like how he carries around the other half of the broken Pokeball he obtained back when he was fishing (against) Gary.

I agree.

Considering that Ash used to collect all things Pokemon-related and considering he kept half a Poke Ball that reminds him of his rivalry with Gary, I would think that he would definitely keep the Poke Ball that Pikachu had come in.

I can see him encountering situations where he might want Pikachu back in the ball for protection so I can see him carrying it around no matter what.

He seems to me the sort who would be a bit sentimental in that way.

Ketchumall

Soul Trainer
    Years
    He kept it, you actually see that in "Snow way out!" he tries to get Pikachu to go into his pokeball so that Pikachu will stay warm, I have a feeling even now in D/P he still has it just in case he ever needs it.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    Didn't Ash tell Pikachu to go back into his Pokeball when he was battling Paul? Remember? Right after Pikachu got hit with hammer arm (not ringing a bell? Got hit so hard that he was flung into the lake.) Ash told him to take a nice long rest, I was almost sure he put him into a Pokeball. Didn't he use also when Piplup and Pikachu were in love? Maybe I'm insane but I would say that he still had it.

-Okami

リュザキ

Pokemon Detective
    Years
    Didn't Ash tell Pikachu to go back into his Pokeball when he was battling Paul? Remember? Right after Pikachu got hit with hammer arm (not ringing a bell? Got hit so hard that he was flung into the lake.) Ash told him to take a nice long rest, I was almost sure he put him into a Pokeball. Didn't he use also when Piplup and Pikachu were in love? Maybe I'm insane but I would say that he still had it.

-Okami

I know he didn't use it when Piplup and Pikachu were in love because I just saw that one today. Ash held onto Pikachu as Dawn put Piplup into his pokeball.

Guest123_x1

I'm pretty sure Ash still carries around Pikachu's Pokéball-he probably is required to have it by law.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    Yes. I mean, why wouldn't he? For one, it is a very nostalgic item, and two.. you never know when you might need it.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Well since he can only carry six pokemon including pikachu, we have to assume he still has it.

When he tried to catch a seventh, for example the first krabby he caught, it went to prof. oak so he must have six active pokeballs on his person, pikachu's included.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    i think ash would respect pikachu's choice to not be in its poke ball but he probably would carry it around just in case but i don't think pikachu would get in knowing ash was going to be in trouble by himself

what i really want to know is how does he toss a random ball from his belt and instantly know whos in it? sometimes he looks at it and totodile was in a lure ball but most of the time he just tosses one out and know whos in it

Back