• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think that Pokemon shouldn't be too kiddy like?

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021

Ok, well, you do have a point there, BUT, what about people like me or any other teenager here that plays or watches pokemon? yes, sure, they could be more mature and everything.. that would make it more age- appropriate, but they still need to be for small kids too.. i just dont like the fact that its on at 7 in the morning ;-;

They don't care about teenagers anymore You can be kidish when you watch the show and be mature when you are not. What I am saying is that, the Pokemon Anime, has really drifted from a show that is mature and kidish into a show that teaches kids how to be good boys and girls.

Years
    i agree

i have noticed from the first episode that pokemon is going down hill in kiddyness
    from the kinda questions like where do you think he will go next .. town or .. town thats right i think they should do alil less talk and more battling this will make you feel more of the story if ash acutely evolves his pokemon this season instead of the weaker first form one's

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Er... the Pokémon anime has always been aimed at kids about 8-12. There has been- especially in the dub- occasions of "getting crap past the radar" and adult-friendly jokes, but never has it been aimed at teens or adults. If you feel kiddish watching it, that's your problem I guess. I'm eighteen and I don't feel kiddish when I watch; I find it entertaining and fun, well-executed and amusing. I feel like I am doing something I enjoy.

While Pokémon is indeed produced for 8-12-year-olds, that does not mean others cannot enjoy it. A show can be enjoyable without being mature, can it not? It's not like it's horribly dumbed-down like early-morning Nickelodeon cartoons.

Just to clarify- I only have seen/could stand to watch two episodes and a movie from the Sinnoh era. So I don't know about that. But Best Wishes/Black and White has brought the standard for Pokémon back up in my opinion.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    The original Pokemon series season 1 used to be a who lot mature then the new Pokemon series of today which comes off of being a bit kiddy like.

When Pokemon first came out on tv it wasn't a kiddy show,it was a show both kids ,teens and adults could enjoy,but nowdays it is a kiddy show not worth anyones time.

InSANEity

A sky full of lighters <3
    Years
    Yeah, it is too kid friendly, the pg stuff ruins a lot of shows, sadly.

We need something for those older viewers who have been watching the show for years and grew up with the characters, lol.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I reckon it should become a bit more mature, maybe have a romance or two (Dawn should definitely come back if that happens!), a bit more bad language, have a couple more violent fights... No need for blood or anything like that though as the show's innocence is kind of a charm in itself.

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
    Years
    I don't know if it's just me or what, but I felt that the Kanto seasons were more mature than the later ones? May just be me. It's always been a children's show, but still.

Years
    Seeming that in japan they have guns, they shouldnt limit some graphic content just to be acceptable to younger audiences. but i dont make the decisions

Years
    I don't know if it's just me or what, but I felt that the Kanto seasons were more mature than the later ones? May just be me. It's always been a children's show, but still.
    It's not surprised. Do you know who is Takeshi Shudo? He is the screen writer of kanto and Johto seasons, as well as the first 3 movies.
    You can see the difference between original series and advance and DP.
    Old pokemon is a lot more touching than the new one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    It's not surprised. Do you know who is Takeshi Shudo? He is the screen writer of kanto and Johto seasons, as well as the first 3 movies.
    You can see the difference between original series and advance and DP.
    Old pokemon is a lot more touching than the new one.

You sure your memory isn't a bit swayed by nostalgia? How many episodes in the old days were dedicated to the Jigglypuff running gag?

Years
    You sure your memory isn't a bit swayed by nostalgia? How many episodes in the old days were dedicated to the Jigglypuff running gag?
    OK, may be u are right~ (I'm sort of biased...:disappoin)
    Of cause Pokemon supposed to be a kids show I can't say it's for adult.
    But what I want to point out is.... what Takeshi Shudo did to bring out some messages. He always tried to depict the relationship (love) between pokemon & trainers, conflict between Pokemon and human beings..etc.
    When I was a child, I didn't figure it out. But now I do.

To certain extent, I think Advance and DP series' screen writer just followed in his footstep in some EPs. (e.g EP. of Ash's pokemon leave....)Can't u see the difference between old and the new one?
    You may still think old Pokemon is a kid show, but there are many things adult would appreciate and even love them.:)

Back