• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use kill or KO word when you kill/KO Pokémon?

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    Neither one nor the other.
    I just say "I defeated it", or "I beat it". Sometimes I also say "I kicked it"

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    "Kill" if the Pokemon was annoying/hard to defeat. Otherwise I say "defeat" or "KO."

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
    I always said "kill" as I was growing up, probably because all the games I played always used that term. However, since I want to get into competitive battling I think I should start using KO. Besides to be it sounds cooler :P

Scat Away

Screws the Rules
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2011
    I dont use either term, instead i say "fainted"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I would say that X fainted; or that X made Y faint; but that X killed Y.
    Saying 'X fainted Y' would put across what is meant more correctly, but it doesn't come naturally to me.

Last edited:

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
    Years
    Well, I don't really have a preference.
    And my choice is dynamic, sometimes I use fainted,sometimes I used dead/killed,sometimes I use KO'd. But majorly fainted.

Back