• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want Pikachu to evolve?

Do you want Pikachu to evolve?

• Yes, sure.

Votes: 50 31.6%
  • No, never

Votes: 85 53.8%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 23 14.6%

• Total voters

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • Steel* said:
    No need to get all serious about it lol; we're just merely discussing other alternatives to evolving. I wonder if there are rules in the anime pertaining to held items; Pikachu could use more power and it already has enough speed I would think.

How do you know if I'm being serious?

Pikachu already has enough power really. Just ask Latios and Regice. It's just that Ash is making many mistakes.

Steel*

Years
  • How do you know if I'm being serious?

Pikachu already has enough power really. Just ask Latios and Regice. It's just that Ash is making many mistakes.
    Just a thing I noticed about you so far I've been here, but when are you NOT serious? You never crack a smile (smiley online) or say an internet connotation pertaining to laughing; you don't seem like you have a sense of humor at all and the only thing close to that is probably your sarcasm, which isn't as easily detectable online. You mentioning that it was cheating only added to that. I've only been here a few weeks or so, and so maybe I'm wrong. I haven't seen the episode/movie yet and I really need to find a place where I can watch movies, but that's going to be tough since I can't even ask about it here, which I find ridiculous to say the least (don't tell me to search Google either because I've been there and done that). I guess I can't expect much of Pikachu without a Light Ball, low base stats, it probably doesn't even have 31 IVs in all of its stats, and EVs are spread everywhere (probably not bad in the anime), but more power wouldn't hurt [hopefully].

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Don't really care that much if Pikachu evolves to Raichu, although it'd be an interesting twist since Pikachu was a Pikachu since the very first episode.

Years
  • I guess I can't expect much of Pikachu without a Light Ball, low base stats, it probably doesn't even have 31 IVs in all of its stats, and EVs are spread everywhere (probably not bad in the anime), but more power wouldn't hurt [hopefully].
    That's probably going a bit too deep there. The writers probably don't even know that EVs and IVs exist.

Steel*

Years
  • That's going a bit too deep there. The writers probably don't even know that EVs and IVs exist.
    Lol, that was supposed to be a [albeit bad] joke. That may be true, but one can dream that it's possible because I believe that it was stated that all pokemon, even pokemon of the same species, are different (not those words exactly) possibly because of IVs. It's also known that pokemon get stronger by battling possibly due to EVs gained. Either way I wasn't being serious and merely speculating, but it'd be nice to confirm if what I said was mentioned in the anime. I'll look out for that while re-watching season 3 and beyond.

Years
  • Lol, that was supposed to be a [albeit bad] joke. That may be true, but one can assume that it's possible because I believe that it was stated that all pokemon, even pokemon of the same species, are different (not those words exactly) possibly because of IVs. It's also known that pokemon get stronger by battling possibly due to EVs gained. Either way I wasn't being serious and merely speculating, but it'd be nice to confirm if what I said was mentioned in the anime.
    Haha, that went completely over my head. My sarcasm detector isn't quite functioning properly.

IVs could simply be the game's equivalent to natural talent, and EVs could really just be specific pieces of experience. That's how I always saw it anyways.

BW Spoilers
    Spoiler:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Steel* said:
    Just a thing I noticed about you so far I've been here, but when are you NOT serious?

When I speak to Jorah.

You never crack a smile (smiley online) or say an internet connotation pertaining to laughing; you don't seem like you have a sense of humor at all and the only thing close to that is probably your sarcasm, which isn't as easily detectable online.

I see.

You mentioning that it was cheating only added to that. I've only been here a few weeks or so, and so maybe I'm wrong.

I think you're very correct actually.

I guess I can't expect much of Pikachu without a Light Ball, low base stats, it probably doesn't even have 31 IVs in all of its stats, and EVs are spread everywhere (probably not bad in the anime), but more power wouldn't hurt [hopefully].

The writers would find a way to use that power against Pikachu no doubt.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2013
    I don't want to see him evolve. Probably because Raichu, eventhough in some way it's the same Pokemon, It just wouldn't seem the same... The infamous "Pika... Pika... Chu!!!!!" whilst going for a Electric move. I don't see how it would be the same.

I'd cry if Pikachu evolved :')

Steel*

Years
  • Haha, that went completely over my head. My sarcasm detector isn't quite functioning properly.

IVs could simply be the game's equivalent to natural talent, and EVs could really just be specific pieces of experience. That's how I always saw it anyways.

BW Spoilers
    Spoiler:
    Well, it wasn't intended to be sarcastic since that's usually difficult to detect when reading even with a sarcasm detector lol. Yeah, that's one way to put the possibility of IVs/EVs into the anime, but I thought of another way.
    Spoiler:

Pikachu's weakness brings us back to option 1 and 2: holding a Light Ball or possibly the distant idea of evolution to Raichu (neither of which are realistic).

When I speak to Jorah.

I see.

I think you're very correct actually.

The writers would find a way to use that power against Pikachu no doubt.
    There's nothing wrong with being serious or acting mature (so many people lack maturity at an age that calls for it and I find that annoying), but maybe you should lighten up a little bit. It's your call though, but I suppose you have a legitimate reason for why it is you are that way. I would have to agree with you about the writers finding a way to use that power against Pikachu. They always find a way to make Ash look like an amateur so why not? They don't want things to be imbalanced.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • They should've just given him rivals like Paul so they would have a reason as to why Pikachu loses. That would make Pikachu's loses seem more believable and less people would want him to evolve.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    Pikachu has proven his strengths time and time again. He doesn't need to become a Raichu because he beats Raichus(who else remembers seeing their favorite little mouse Agility its way across Lt. Surge's Gym ^_^). Pikachu has taken down a Dragonite, a Metagross, and other strong Pokemon it shouldn't have be able to, its proven its strength. Pikachu doesn't want to evolve, and I don't want it to either. Real talk.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Yes, because it would be the first real plot twist the show ever had... well, besides Misty leaving but that's different.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Pikachu

Who thinks that Pikachu should evolve? Just throwing it out to make a new topic. I was curious, what if he evolves it to Raichu, it is a very small percent since Ash might not be willing to do so, but I just wanna' hear some opinions.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    This has been discussed so many, many times - Basically we a;; want it to evolve, but it never will because:

1) I doesn't want to. - It's had the chance to evolve twice after being beaten by two differen't raichus, but it wanted to prove it could stay strong without evolving.

2) It's the mascot of the whole franchise.

Back