• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want to be staff?

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    No thank you! I like being able to come and go on this forum as I wish, I can be as involved as I want and then take a break. I'd feel too obligated to sign on if I were a mod and that would ruin the fun.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
    Personally I think it would be a nice experience and generally fun. It would make getting to know some of the mods easier as well, which would be nice. If asked I'd accept if it was in a section I enjoy posting in a lot.

Years
    I was never asked, just modded in a group MSN convo! XD

But I obviously wanted to be a staff member. I am very happy with VG and wouldn't change it for any other board.​

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    The two times where a position was open and I thought I had real chances of getting it, I did get it so I'm satisfied XD I'm kind of good at guessing when I can really achieve something.

Years
    Er...no. I was already once a staff member here and it was certainly a great experience for me at the time, but nowadays I have other commitments that I dedicate myself to and enjoy. Although I lurk around PC, I actually only come on to keep in contact with anybody who wants to reach out to me and I've been doing that a fair bit recently. Otherwise this place is more or less a closed chapter of my life, I've mostly moved on.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Nope. I was staff elsewhere for a while, and while it was fun for a bit at the beginning, it turned into a mostly negative experience for me. From the month or so I've spent in PC so far, I certainly prefer the atmosphere and community here, and I'm sure it'd be a completely different experience, but I still wouldn't accept if I were ever offerred a position.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Before, I was always dreaming to be a staff member, but now, not so much anymore, my interest for Pokémon is fading, so I don't go on here much anymore, I'd probably be so inactive I'd get fired. xD I'd probably be better off in OVP or OT which will get me motivated to visit this site.

If it was a Pokémon-related forum, there is a small chance I'd accept it, unless if it's TCG though, 0% chance of accepting. Anyway, if I got modded somewhere in PG or whatever, I'd probably regain my interest in Pokémon. But since that's never going to happen~ xD​

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    It was an absolute surprise when I was presented the mod position. I felt like I wasn't making the effort. But afterwards it was worth it. xD

Though I had other plans on becoming staff somewhere else (like C&T or GPGD), but I love NU/W as much as reeses peanut butter cups and it has become my permanent home. :3

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The first time I was modded, I definitely wanted to be a staff member. When I first joined PC, it was at the end of my Pokemon forum journey that had led me from the official Nintendo Europe Pokemon forums to Serebii and Bulbagarden and lots of other smaller, crappier sites. At most of those places, because I was 12-13, I thought being a mod was like becoming a rock star or something, so I tried to become one everywhere I went. Suffice to say, when the time eventually came here at PC, I definitely wanted to be one. (Indeed, when I got the PM, I asked the admin - Kairi, who's not here any more - if I could mod more places than she was offering me! The nerve...)

Compared to my first modding, however, I wanted to be an S-Mod even more so! I tried for months on end to get promoted, to no avail. Then, about a few weeks after I'd given up all hope, I woke up one morning to find myself with a nice new orange name. 14-year-old me just liked power, I guess! :D

Fast-word 6 years and, the second time around, I really had no expectations with regard to this place. Because my re-modding was so soon after I returned (I believe it was a month, but I could be mistaken...) it was more of a surprise than anything. I'm not particularly sure that I wanted it there and then; if it hadn't happened sooner - and I hadn't gotten bored with PC - then I might have conceivably 'tried' toget modded like I did all those years ago. But I did get modded, so we'll never know! :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    To be honest, it's not the moderating I'm interested. Couldn't care less what position I'm in. I'll always just stick to my beliefs and principals.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I wanted to be staff, like a lot of people. It was definitely a surprise when I got it though; I was completely oblivious. It happened in a group MSN conversation and I just clicked back onto PC and all of a sudden my name was bold blue and I flipped the hell out... then I went to the group convo full of H-staff and spent the next 20 minutes ascertaining that they were not in fact joking :P

But yeah I was shocked to be modding OVP because I was trying for a different section at the time. I'm very very happy with OVP though; it is an amazing forum :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    No, I was made staff (completely by surprise) on another site, and (a) I might have closed one thread and that was the extent of my moderating, and (b) because of me not doing much moderating, the admin who made me staff began talking trash about me about my back.

I prefer things the way they are now... where I'm not responsible for deleting posts, locking threads, and then incurring the wrath of members who might get mad at me.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
    Someday I'd love to be a mod, but I figure I'm too immature for such a position currently. School would also cripple all my activity, sooo...

I guess I just want the power that comes with being a mod opposed to being responsible for all that extra stuff

Years
    This thread brought back some good memories. I used to moderate for the official Zetaboards resource boards (probably about 5 years) and I loved it. Camaraderie,managing people, doing things behind the scenes and seeing the reactions of the members... I had a blast. I enjoyed administrating boards too, but there is just something about being a mod.

No smart administrator would chose me as a mod here, as I'm brand new, but if they were to ask.. I'd probably accept. I enjoy helping people, and if I'm taking advantage of all the resources here, I'd like to help out in return. =)

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Im gonna answer with I dont know. I was staff on another site, it wasnt all fun and games, and I wasnt staff for very long( not getting into why) I would do it again though if offered, I honestly did like it and miss it a lot. I love helping out and doing important things. This is a nice place and if I was more active and actually offered a position I might take it. Im not trying to become a mod though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I'd accept hands down in a heartbeat and then run around my house like a little school girl winning a date with Justin Beiber and I would feel no shame in it. If I wasn't offered the section of my choice, I'd be all chill with it. Whatever I can do to help is pretty boss. But if I'm not offered, I straight dont give a dang, I'll continue to frequent my places and report what needs to be reported.

Back