• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you want to see Spiky Eared Pichu in XY!?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
  • I would like to see it because it's unusual and possesses more swank than your average Pichu. Not only that, but I never got a chance to get one before, so now would be a good opportunity for me to finally get a Spiky-Eared Pichu. Though, like Xebelleon said, Ukulele Pichu > Spiky-Eared Pichu :P

Years
  • I would have loved to see Spiky-Eared Pichu in 3D but sadly it seems like it will always be stuck in HG/SS for all its eternity.

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    Next time we return to Johto they should make it an actual alternate form for Pichu. And make it permanently obtainable and transferable. It would be a cute throwback to previous generations I think

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I feel that it'd be nice if they'd included sprites and models of gimmick-Pokémon (such as Ukulele Pichu) in all recent generation of games. This way, if we do happen to have them in any game, we wouldn't have to be afraid of losing their appearance change and whatnot when transferred.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    Notched eared Pichu> Ukelele Pichu
    I like Guardian Signs, but Notched eared Pichu is cuter in my opinion.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Spiky-Eared Pikachu occurred during Generation IV and has nothing to do with Hoenn. Further, it came in Johto, the remakes. If you look at it that way, it can be said to have traveled over the years to Hoenn and is finally wanting to join your team. Would it be found the same way as before, with a Shiny event Pichu? However, if the form is not in the code this generation in X/Y, it won't happen.

Also, for the unfamiliar.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    Spiky-Eared Pikachu occurred during Generation IV and has nothing to do with Hoenn. Further, it came in Johto, the remakes. If you look at it that way, it can be said to have traveled over the years to Hoenn and is finally wanting to join your team. Would it be found the same way as before, with a Shiny event Pichu? However, if the form is not in the code this generation in X/Y, it won't happen.

Also, for the unfamiliar.

They can add updates? They fixed the Lumiose glitch. But maybe coding a new pokemon is too difficult.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    They can add updates? They fixed the Lumiose glitch. But maybe coding a new pokemon is too difficult.
    What I meant is they very well could have put in Spiky as a forme. However, coding it to not evolve (or possibly to even breed) is more difficult. So it won't return unless they create Pikachu and Raichu formes. In that case, even if it breeds, it's a normal Pichu.

Sounds legit.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

They CANNOT add updates in this fashion to add whole new pokemon and stuff. The main thing everyone forgets is that the 3DS is not physically capable of rewriting game code on a physical cartridge. Technically such a thing COULD be possible if there were no physical games and it was all digital (Nintendo would simply release a new game that would overwrite the old game, the same way iphones and ipads replace the apps on your devices when a new update comes out)

Updates, that they have released so far, are to fix programming errors. (when this 1010010101 should have actually been 1010010100, in the most basic sense) things like the Lumiose City glitch and the secure wifi are basically fixes to the hardware or how the hardware interprets game data (depending on the fix) which CAN be rewritten because nintendo is fixing, changing or adding coding into the firmware of the 3Ds which CAN be rewritten by the 3DS. The game cartridges cannot be rewritten by any consumer video game system, and nintendo is not going to change the game for the digital owners only if they can't make the same changes for the physical game owners. Like Cyclone correctly pointed out, if it's not in the coding now, it won't be for this generation. (case in point, the hacker that found Hoopa, Diancie, Volcanion, and the Mega Latios and Latias. And just because he couldn't find the locations of the other unreleased megas in the game doesn't mean they weren't in there. Look at the shiny forms of Xerneas, Zygarde and Yveltal, the hacker didn't initially find those at the time he found the other legendaries or mega evolutions, it took someone to find the various values and input it into another program to find the estimations of what they thought the shiny forms could look like, and it took months upon months until they finally found out that yes, the estimation was in fact correct and were able to implement them into (I think) the power save system. If the coding was so easy to find, they would have found the shiny forms of the X Y Z trio IMMEDIATELY, not MONTHS later. So if the shiny forms were that hard to find, obviously the mega forms of other pokemon could be hard to find as well, particularly if they were placed in a different memory location from the Kalos Mega Evolutions. Heck, for all we know there could have been a lock in the system that prevents access to the mega forms at all until there is some interaction between the Kalos games and the new Hoenn games before those memory locations can be accessed at all, only Game Freak knows at the moment. After all, if the hacking apart of the game was so utterly complete and thorough, they could check to see what the Lumiose Ghost Girl is actually checking for, or find alternate text for her to see what the deal is. )

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I don't think a new Spiky-eared Pichu should be re-introduced with a whole new event as its now irrelevant, but it was a shame that it was not transferable in the first place. I would like all future cases of unusual appearanced pokemon to be transferable into future games; examples include the Contest Pikachu with the black heart tail, and AZ's floette. I don't want to bond and become attached to these pokemon, only to have to permanently say goodbye to them (including if you ever wanted to restart your HGSS and yet can't trade that Pichu away for safe keeping. >_<)

Years
  • They CANNOT add updates in this fashion to add whole new pokemon and stuff. The main thing everyone forgets is that the 3DS is not physically capable of rewriting game code on a physical cartridge. Technically such a thing COULD be possible if there were no physical games and it was all digital (Nintendo would simply release a new game that would overwrite the old game, the same way iphones and ipads replace the apps on your devices when a new update comes out)

Updates, that they have released so far, are to fix programming errors. (when this 1010010101 should have actually been 1010010100, in the most basic sense) things like the Lumiose City glitch and the secure wifi are basically fixes to the hardware or how the hardware interprets game data (depending on the fix) which CAN be rewritten because nintendo is fixing, changing or adding coding into the firmware of the 3Ds which CAN be rewritten by the 3DS. The game cartridges cannot be rewritten by any consumer video game system, and nintendo is not going to change the game for the digital owners only if they can't make the same changes for the physical game owners. Like Cyclone correctly pointed out, if it's not in the coding now, it won't be for this generation. (case in point, the hacker that found Hoopa, Diancie, Volcanion, and the Mega Latios and Latias. And just because he couldn't find the locations of the other unreleased megas in the game doesn't mean they weren't in there. Look at the shiny forms of Xerneas, Zygarde and Yveltal, the hacker didn't initially find those at the time he found the other legendaries or mega evolutions, it took someone to find the various values and input it into another program to find the estimations of what they thought the shiny forms could look like, and it took months upon months until they finally found out that yes, the estimation was in fact correct and were able to implement them into (I think) the power save system. If the coding was so easy to find, they would have found the shiny forms of the X Y Z trio IMMEDIATELY, not MONTHS later. So if the shiny forms were that hard to find, obviously the mega forms of other pokemon could be hard to find as well, particularly if they were placed in a different memory location from the Kalos Mega Evolutions. Heck, for all we know there could have been a lock in the system that prevents access to the mega forms at all until there is some interaction between the Kalos games and the new Hoenn games before those memory locations can be accessed at all, only Game Freak knows at the moment. After all, if the hacking apart of the game was so utterly complete and thorough, they could check to see what the Lumiose Ghost Girl is actually checking for, or find alternate text for her to see what the deal is. )

Ohh, thats sad I though they where able to just update the game to add one pokemon, this is good to know!
    Ty for the info

Pinta77

I have a spiky-eared pichu. Yeah i want it on X & Y!

Back