• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Dock or handheld?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    With Lets Go I only play on the dock.

But I bought a Switch Lite for Scarlet so I could take it with me. I don't find the Switch to be easy to carry tbh, its too big and clunky and also I hate the fact that the screen is open like a Gameboy Advance.

Switch lite is smaller but unfortunately still designed like the gameboy advance.

They really had something with the folding 2dsxl.

Prof. Morky

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Handheld mostly, my switch hasn't experienced joy-con drift yet. (knock on wood) Stays in the dock or plugged into the wall when I'm not playing it though. Just wish I could find a good grip that fit my bigger hands a little better. Haven't had much luck on that front.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Been on dock. I dont mind handheld mode but since i was a child i always loved the idea of a console made pokemon game and any chance of playing the games on a bigger screen like super gameboy on snes, or Pokemon Stadium, and played the recent games on the switch on dock on default. haha.

Years
  • I have a big TV, so always docked. The only thing is that if my parents wanna watch TV, I avoid playing. More than that, I don't really have a choice, as I live in another city and I don't have/don't want a TV in my room, so I just play portable.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    I usually play most Switch games docked since I have a large 4K TV. With Scarlet and Violet I play on handheld since the performance is better and the smaller screen hides the blemishes of the game's graphics.

Years
  • I prefer handheld in most cases. It's more comfortable for me. I only play docked, when I'm not playing alone.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I play handheld pretty much 100% of the time. I don't know what it is nowadays, but I'd rather play games at my desk with my PC. So nowadays I play more PC and handheld Switch than console.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm really growing to love the flexibility the longer I have this console. If I'm hatching eggs I use the stand, then if I'm in BDSP I saw out the Pro Controller for just the Joy-cons instead as the lack of a proper D-pad makes it so much easier to stay on the path through Solaceon Town. Capturing legendaries I'm either handheld or using the stand, then for main gameplay its in the dock (also HOME, because I have spreadsheets of all my Aprimon etc. so need my hands / lap free for my laptop).

Just a shame about the wi-fi chip - all my other devices work all over our house, but I have to hotspot my Switch!

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I always dock my switch. I've perhaps used it handheld on three occasions at most. If I want to play something handheld, I'll pull out my DS or 3DS. I just feel as though the switch is so much more enjoyable when on a larger screen, handheld just isn't the same experience.

Years
  • I almost always use my Switch in docked/TV mode. Playing in handheld is cool too, but when it's a console game, I tend to want to play it through the TV.

Back