• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Does someone know a script for level cap? P.E v20.1

Days
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    I'm new in RPG maker and Pokémon Essentials, I searched a lot about level cap or max level, but I didn't saw anything that works on Pokémon Essentials v20.1. Could someone help me, giving me a script or teaching me how to do it? I would like "if a player has 1 badge = level max 20" for example. Thank you all for your attention!

Days
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    Hi! Thanks for your help, but I really don't understand how to use it right. There is not much information about how to install it. I already tried this plugin, but i can't make it work. Thanks anyway, and if you know something more I would appreciate.

Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    From what I understand of the instructions on the page, it's a plug-and-play plugin. You simply download it and drop the contents into a folder in the Plugin folder of your project. Then, you set all the level caps beforehand in the LEVEL_CAP array. It'll start with the first number as the level cap when you start the game. Then, anytime you want the level cap to go up, you call Level_Cap.update.

So, in the configuration plugin (or wherever it is), you would have something like this (you can change the numbers to whatever levels you want to cap at every moment):
    Code:
    LEVEL_CAP = [15, 25, 35, 45, 55, 65, 75, 85, 100]
    The array has to have at least 1 value for the start of the game and 1 for every gym or event that increases the level cap.

Then, on the events for the gym leaders, you would add a script event with this line next to the one that gives away the badge (so you make sure the level cap is only increased when the player actually defeats the gym leader):
    Code:
    Level_Cap.update
    With that, the player will start with a level cap of 15 (their pokemon will receive normal exp up to level 15). When they defeat the first leader, the level cap will go up to 25. When they defeat the second, the level cap will go up to 35. And so on.

Does that help you better with the plugin?

Days
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    It worked! Thank you so much!
    But I deleted the VPM compatibility file, because it was giving an error in game compiler.
    Thanks again!

Back