• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dont waste your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    trust me on this.i wasted 25 pounds on battle revolution.
    here is a tip:see if you like it before you buy it.i bought for 35 pounds one week,got bored and sold it for 10 pounds in game stationthe next week.
    if you do buy it and dont like it sell it online or sumthing but dont trade it in like i did for a crap amount of money.

dont make the mistake i did.:nervous:

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
  • I don't think PBR is a waste of money at all. For what it is, it's a great game. I enjoy playing it a lot.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    You probably don't have WiFi. The main point of Pokemon Battle Revolution is to battle in 3D online using your D/P Team on a custom avatar that's supposed to reflect you in real life. Personally, I LOVE Pokemon Battle Revolution once I kick the pace up with my speedy teams in D/P actually made for multiplayer battling. Find a fun opponent on WiFi, and a good match will occur long as he/she does NOT use any ubers.

A good idea is to make a decent team in D/P, have PBR detect that and copy the pokemon onto the game, and then try some colloseums, earn some items and TMs, finally then battling online.

Like what Yoshiko75 said, it's fun for what's it's worth, which is 3D competitive battling. If that's not for you, you shouldn't of gotten it anyways.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • oh noes i wasted my monies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meh, I thought it was an alright game. It sucks that they took out the minigames from Stadium and made all the battles Double Battles (which are gay- I can't use Surf or Earthquake), but overall, I liked it.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • You probably don't have WiFi. The main point of Pokemon Battle Revolution is to battle in 3D online using your D/P Team on a custom avatar that's supposed to reflect you in real life. Personally, I LOVE Pokemon Battle Revolution once I kick the pace up with my speedy teams in D/P actually made for multiplayer battling. Find a fun opponent on WiFi, and a good match will occur long as he/she does NOT use any ubers.

A good idea is to make a decent team in D/P, have PBR detect that and copy the pokemon onto the game, and then try some colloseums, earn some items and TMs, finally then battling online.

Like what Yoshiko75 said, it's fun for what's it's worth, which is 3D competitive battling. If that's not for you, you shouldn't of gotten it anyways.
    Still, do you think the capability of battling online (present in D/P too) is worth $50? And, as you said, because of the randomness, you can find hackers or ubers, which is not fun. I used a badly-IV EV trained team and I didn't have to pay attention to the battle. If you know the minimum about battles, you'll win pretty easily. That is not fun, sadly. And, as far as I know, you are allowed to use your own ubers to abuse the colosseums.

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • I defeated the game with my UU Team. It was so boring. Now there is Pokemon Ranch that is just a step up from Pokemon Box. Seriously, give us another RPG Style like XD or Colosseum. They were far better.

~T_S

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • I agree that PBR is a step down from Stadium and a huuuuuge drop from Coloseum. I find the opponents too easy (with the exception of Sunset Coloseum) and unless you have Wi-Fi (and I don't, sadly) there's not a lot to do.

I don't hate it, it's just a wasted oppertunity.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I brought PBR for £35. I like the 3D pokemon, but everything else....meh.
    At least the pokemon rewards are good (Surfing Pikachu :D)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • To tell you the truth. I didn't really enjoy Pokemon Battle Revolution that much. It needed more story, the story is half the fun. I was really looking forward to it and was quite disappointed.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • You do realize that you're talking to a bunch of "lolzurz pokemon rules" kind of people? Not an insult to you pokemon lovers. People are going to buy the game even if they don't like it (which is rare-ish), just to have it.

Years
  • i sorta hated the game when i first played it cuz the battle passes suck

then i borrowed my freinds ds and copied his pokemon, i started playin wifi and now the game is awesome!

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    im not saying its bad and im not saying it was a waste of money on behalf as i wasted £20 trading it back in.:knockedou

JacobGRocks

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • the only thing that is a leap is the graphics (Pokemon Staduim 2 has the same graphics as C/XD) I have tried it.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    The Rewards are good, and the reason people should have bought PBR is to play your DP Pokemon in Full 3D.

wow_wow

PKM Trader
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Battle in D/p still very boring :|
    In PBR , the graphic and music is so amazing . I think if you have DS to upload your Pokemon to PBR , you will see how great it is :D

Years
  • Pokémon Battle Revolution is far from being a waste of money. You just bought it for the wrong reason.

The whole point is to battle against other people using a team you raised yourself. It also doubles as a sort of Battle Frontier for the Sinnoh Region, though Hoenn's real Battle Frontier was more difficult. And the challenges grow ever more difficult as you challenge the Colosseums again and again.

And no dissing Pokémon Ranch, please. We could definitely use the extra storage, and it's fun to watch you as a Mii interact with your Pokémon.

That said, the graphics are my only real complaint. They should have worked harder there. I mean, look at Lucario in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Now look at him again in this game. They should have worked much harder.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2008
    I bought the game abou last week. Graphics aren't the best. Most of the 1st 2nd and 3rd are just stuck on there from previous pokemon games >.< They never really constructed it to look in depth. Theres no shadings and the pokemon look like polygons.

I completly swept the whole colleseum battles with my D/P pokemon. But the good part is the Wifi Battle. Without it the game wouldn't be as good. I also use it to test out my pokemon teams against each other.

If you have Wifi this game would be more interesting. Also if your into competetive battling and testin pokemon ETC.

Evoslingerr

III Generation Enthusiast
    Years
  • Advantage

There's an important difference that makes PBR excellent, pkmn are finally attacking pkmns!!! No more strange lights that fill the screen and magically appear at the other side of the battle field and hit the enemy, in PBR you can actually see how the pkmn attack the opponent, maybe is not worth the 50 but at least it produce fun

Back