• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Downtime and migration notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Days
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Ive used Xenforo before and wanted to mention this. By default Xenforo hides actions on user accounts to the users (it's visible to mods and admins) might be worth at least discussing allowing users to see the warnings on their accounts and why.

good luck with the migration.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
Will the migration include some kind of improved captcha to stop the spambots from posting? I swear I have to report a ChatGPT spambot nearly every other day and it's sometimes hard to spot them until they've made a few posts.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Happy to see this effort finally come to fruition. I feel like its been 10 years in the making.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
Lucid. And it was from a Very old thread. I don't know why I got pinged from something well over eight years ago. Is it a bug?

That's what I though. It was a part of the PC migration process, we had to go through and re-approve over 10,000 posts to get it caught up, and most of those were from Lucid. Now that it's done though, there won't be any more random 8 year old pings.

Days
Yep! Many forums use XenForo though and it's a well-known forum software. 👍 But our site won't look anything like theirs despite using the same software of course, since our themes and visual style are different.
Absolutely! While using XenForo provides a solid foundation for forums, your site's unique themes, and visual style ensure it stands out, offering a distinctive and tailored user experience.👍

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Oof, I haven't been active and only saw that this was already (finally) happening with a tweet the other day. RIP all my old CSS - will have to just do new designs anyway lol. At least I screenshotted my emblems years ago since that warning they'd be gone with this inevitable upgrade was there for ages. Curious to see what new features will manifest, and maybe when badges return I'll see about getting some equivalent to the emblems I once had.

Days
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Oof, I haven't been active and only saw that this was already (finally) happening with a tweet the other day. RIP all my old CSS - will have to just do new designs anyway lol. At least I screenshotted my emblems years ago since that warning they'd be gone with this inevitable upgrade was there for ages. Curious to see what new features will manifest, and maybe when badges return I'll see about getting some equivalent to the emblems I once had.
I've manually restored yours. The username title can't have CSS unfortunately

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Now that I've had a chance to look around on my computer, I'm really liking all the changes that are here, and I'm also very happy to see that there's a 2FA option here now so we can protect our accounts a little better (And it's something I advise all users to turn on to prevent someone from hijacking your account). Kinda sad to have to say bye bye to the old PC that I've known for so many years, but the path forward is even better now ✨

I'm just trying to figure out where I saved my post flair CSS so I can restore it, though I haven't had luck. I'll have to do some more digging and see if I have it somewhere, I'm pretty sure I do. Then all will be good for me. I have noticed though that some fonts are missing, though I imagine that's on the to-do list.

Years
Now that I've had a chance to look around on my computer, I'm really liking all the changes that are here, and I'm also very happy to see that there's a 2FA option here now so we can protect our accounts a little better (And it's something I advise all users to turn on to prevent someone from hijacking your account). Kinda sad to have to say bye bye to the old PC that I've known for so many years, but the path forward is even better now ✨
I agree; pre-update PC was charming and there are certain things about the old design that I prefer (namely, the like button being on the left rather then the right). But it was clearly time to move on; hopefully XenForo allows the owners to add new features without having to completely revamp the site like this again.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I agree; pre-update PC was charming and there are certain things about the old design that I prefer (namely, the like button being on the left rather then the right). But it was clearly time to move on; hopefully XenForo allows the owners to add new features without having to completely revamp the site like this again.
With Xenforo being actively updated, I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be an issue anymore. vBulletin 4 was a mess and a lot of sites tried to not use it and stuck to vBulletin 3 for the longest time. The fact that this site didn't look like a regular vBulletin site at first glance was really impressive. But it also came with massive security risks running that old of software, and I have a feeling that was another reason they migrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back