• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Dragon Ascent: A Dragon Lover's Club

Pick the newest dragon club mascot!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Came to trade off a box of Dragons in Ultra Sun for the event.

• 6 Drampas. Level 13. Quiet nature, 3+ perfect IVs, 0 IVs in Speed, and maximum EVs in Hitpoints and Special Attack. Possesses the Hidden Ability (Cloud Nine) on all except one with Berserk. Brings one egg move (Hurricane) and a Lucky Egg.
    • 9 Dragonites. Level 55 in a Lure Ball. Jolly nature, 4+ perfect IVs, maximum EVs in Attack and Speed. Multiscale (the Hidden Ability) on everyone. Four egg moves (Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, Extreme Speed, and Iron Tail). Holds an Enigma Berry.
    • 14 Turtonators. Nickname: Mata. Levels 5-14. Calm nature, 4+ perfect IVs, maximum EVs in Hitpoints and Special Defense. No egg moves. Bred it with level-up moves instead, most notably an early Shell Trap. How often do you get to play with that? Also, a Jaboca Berry because of not feeling like farming up Leftovers.
    • 1 Flygon. Level 58. Jolly nature, 4 perfect IVs, maximum EVs in Attack and Speed. Unlearned all the egg moves (just Bug Bite and Earth Power) to make it better in battle. Carries a Lucky Egg. Tossed a single Flygon in for fun.

Levels everything a bit to make them more instantly usable. Makes a big difference to be level 5 instead of 1 when just starting out.

Spoiler: Before and After Images

Gifts of Surprise 2022 Dragon Before.jpg
    Gifts of Surprise 2022 Dragon After.jpg

Result: 0 Dragons. Never received any for the other clubs either.

Notes:
    - A legitimate-looking Type: Null. Traded with its original Trainer (unsurprisingly).
    - A probably legitmate shiny Floatzel. (Level 60. Caught in Ultra Space Wilds. Did not pay attention to the trainer.)
    - Someone else's Alolan Sandslash. (Sent out several for the Ice Club. Would have been impressive getting one back over 12 hours later.) Wound up being the only Ice type received from trading for all three clubs.
    - Is not sure about the shiny Mewtwo. Caught in Ultra Spaces Wilds, met at level 60. Currently sits at Level 65 instead of 60, but with a few EVs in every stat. Only 3 perfect IVs. Traded with the original Trainer. Hasty nature. Maybe legitimate?
    - 5 IV Bounsweet and Hidden Ability Skrelp.
    - Received 6 Pikipeks, 5 Caterpies (+2 Metapods), and 5 Wingulls across 90 trades.

Years
  • I always ask this at this time of year, has anyone receive any dragon-related content for the holidays, like games, toys, books?

Mum surprised me with a dragon body pillow that looks suspiciously like Haku from Spirited Away- my favorite Studio Ghibli movie. It's really comfy, and has a nice smooth, velvety texture. I like to use it to prop my neck up when I am hunched over a laptop. It's a big pillow that you can hug, and sometimes I draw it close to me and hold it tight like a stuffed animal when I am feeling worried.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Blessings children of the dragon! As we stand on the threshold of a brand new year, we will say goodbye to the old and welcome the new with a Dragon's Share event to celebrate. The following wonderful dragon pokemon have flown, swam and burrowed their way here and are available to Dragon Ascent members.

While I catch dragon pokemon for this club, others have helped me equally over the years by volunteering to give away rare dragons of their own, and offering valuable services like cloning, a tradition that was started by Firebolt, who appeared during the first annual Dragon Share, bearing gifts of shiny gible, charmander and swablu. A torch that was picked up by Janp, who cloned my shiny Kyurem and donated the event Lance Dragonites and now Rekoil, who has bred the Duraludons here today! Thank you all.

Without further ado, here are our dragons...

Available for XY, Oras, SM, USUM, Home or Swsh

* 1 Adamant male shiny Fraxure

*1 shiny female Noibat with its hidden ability telepathy

* 1 jolly female shiny Trapinch

*1 adamant female Vibrava

*1 timid shiny male Charmeleon

*1 male and 1 female adamant female shiny Shelgon. The female has its hidden ability for moxie Salamence

*1 male and 2 female adamant shiny
    Druddigon. 1 of the females has it's hidden ability mold breaker

*1 jolly male shiny Dragonair

*1 jolly female Gabite

*6 Gentle event Lance Dragonite with the move barrier

*6 Adamant shiny Kyurem

*Available for SM, USUM, HOME and SWSH

*1 apriball (love) shiny female Charmander with the egg moves outrage, flare blitz, dragon pulse, dragon dance and hidden ability solar power

*1 apriball (heavy) shiny Gible with outrage, iron head and its hidden ability rough skin

*2 apriball (love) shiny female Swablu with haze

HOME and SWSH

*1 shiny apriball (level) Duraludon and hidden ability stalwart and 3 egg moves slash, night slash and mirrror coat

Currently 1 pokemon is allowed per member, so choose carefully. More adoptions can be allowed once everybody has has a chance though, if any a left.First come, first serve! So if you see the pokemon you know you want post or send me a message. No gen 9 pokemon yet, my copy of Violet never came in the mail, but there are still some nice pokemon that i think you will like. Also this list is liable to update as pokemon run out, or as new ones or posted, so it never hurts to take a second look.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Might as well join this c: I'm training my (wonder traded) Deino up in OR rn and it honestly doesn't frustrate me at all that it doesn't evolve for a loooong time because it's so cute. I call him my dino dog and the OT named him "bingo" which is adorable imo ahah. When he finally does evolve, I'll almost be sad to see him grow up, but I'll also be very proud.

I also have a Gabite that I might train again at some point, and there is of course my Latios as well whom I haven't used much yet. I'd like to catch a Bagon eventually and train up a Salamence, and I don't know too much about ORAS but I thiiink I'll get Rayquaza at some point? I always loved that one ^^

Also, between Zekrom and Reshiram I've always preferred the white fire legendary :) I especially like its shiny as it gets pink fire iirc~<3

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I especially like its shiny as it gets pink fire iirc~<3
    I've never noticed this before despite liking Gen 5 a lot, though I suppose it's maybe (Maybe?) not the craziest thing either since I'm a Zekrom person

Come to think of it, pink is--in my experience anyway--a rather rare color for fire. Seen it be red, orange, yellow, green, blue, white, black, purple....there's brown dwarf stars....but yet there's so little pink fire in reality and in fiction.

Years
  • Might as well join this c: I'm training my (wonder traded) Deino up in OR rn and it honestly doesn't frustrate me at all that it doesn't evolve for a loooong time because it's so cute. I call him my dino dog and the OT named him "bingo" which is adorable imo ahah. When he finally does evolve, I'll almost be sad to see him grow up, but I'll also be very proud.

I also have a Gabite that I might train again at some point, and there is of course my Latios as well whom I haven't used much yet. I'd like to catch a Bagon eventually and train up a Salamence, and I don't know too much about ORAS but I thiiink I'll get Rayquaza at some point? I always loved that one ^^

Also, between Zekrom and Reshiram I've always preferred the white fire legendary :) I especially like its shiny as it gets pink fire iirc~<3
    Welcome Doctor! We need a healer among in our ranks, and WHO better to do that than a doctor.

The deino line is cool, may an Arceus holding a dragon plate smile on you for making the journey with this pokemon from a small deino to adulthood.

I have a nice German language Hydreigon that was traded to me on the gts eons ago, Trikephalo. She is a good girl that I had some important fights at the Battle Maison with. I love that she came from this particular region of the world since the drei in Hydreigon comes from the
    German word for three.

I'm excited with the introduction of tera types to see that pesky 4× fairy weakness go away, and for it to surpass it's former glory with a steel or poison dual typing to complement those godly stats and versatile movepool.

You have chosen your pokemon well. The Lati twins are wonderful and brings back so many nostalgic memories of the 5th pokemon movie and the Hoopa one. Lots of good choices bagon, mega Ray!

I didn't use Latios a whole lot in the main story of Oras either, I used him a little because he said that he wanted to help, so it felt wrong for me to just box him, and not let him be part of the mission to save the world, but i tried not overuse Latios because it's such a great pokemon, it felt kinda like cheating to be able to have a legendary relatively early game, I used him heavily in the post game, and once I got the eon flute soaring on him was the only way I traveled.

You sure do get Rayquaza in Oras, and in a most dramatic way. You're going to love mega ray!

Bagon and Gabite yay! I think I have both of those available as shinies if you want either for Oras. Since you are a member now you are welcome to a dragon share pokemon.

Reshiram has allowed you passage through it's trial by fire. You have crossed the flames unscathed, congratulations! Your name is now carved in the wall, and we present you with a dragon gem as a symbol of your membership to our clan. You are one of us now my sibling.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • I'm gonna keep it spoiler free and say SV is amazing and there's some great new ones there...Particularly the entire Baxcalibur line and ummm...Tatsugiri is useful but kind of a very strange choice for a Dragon. I've also been implementing Tera Dragons too like Eelektross, Tyranitar, and pretty much any other Lizard or Reptiles like Torkoal and Salazzle, Krookodile, and many others. I've undoubtedly gained new usage out of many of them, some for the very first time.

I also played the main game with the standard all dragon formula...and it was rough at times due to the lack of many from the past...I sooo wish I'd use some of the above mentioned reptiles for coverage and advantages lol.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I think the inclusion of Tera types is so unique considering any Pokémon can obtain the dragon typing! I just caught a Staraptor with a Dragon Tera type in a raid! Similarly, dragon types can alter their time through the utilization of terrestellization! The possibilities are truly endless!

Steel would perhaps be the best type for a dragon Pokémon to terrestallize into, considering it would eliminate both its fairy and ice-type weaknesses simultaneously.

Years
  • Since Pokemon Day was yesterday I want to know what my fellow dragon tamers think of Walking Wake, now that it's been fully revealed?

Do you like what they have done with this paradox pokemon, thumbs up or down to it? Also will you be going on a tera raid for it, If you have Scarlet/trading for it if you have Violet?

My take?

Spoiler:

While I am at it, what are your thoughts on all of the dragon-related paradox pokemon of Paldea, be they ancient pokemon or future pokemon?

Spoiler:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'm kinda mixed on Walking Wake, too. It kinda looks cool and it certainly has a lot going for it. But something about it also seems off. Then again, something being off is kinda the whole deal about paradox Pokemon. ^^"

I like Miraidon more than Koraidon. But that's mostly because the futuristic style appeals more to me. I'm not particularly into Roaring Moon, tbh. Granted, I've only played Scarlet so I haven't really seen much of it outside of screenshots and whatever the wikis showed me.

Iron Jugulis looks a little bit too much like Hydreigon so it kinda lacks a little bit of originality. One paradox I think would have worked well as a Dragon type is Iron Thorns. They kind of played off of the Godzilla reference a little bit by making it a Rock/Electric type (Rock akin to how fossils used to have a Rock Type and Electric similar to how Godzilla can make use of electric power). Imo it would have fit well as a past paradox with a Dragon/Electric typing, instead. But I guess that would have clashed with Miraidon having the same type. At least from what I can tell they tried to give all the paradox Pokemon a unique type combination.

Years
  • Neither Roaring Moon nor Walking Wake appeals to me. In general the past Paradoxes are just not my thing; I picked Violet for a reason =P
    Even the past Paradoxes that I do like feel like a worse looking version of the original to me.

Koraidon is okay, I've not yet had any real interaction with it, but the design is at least appealing to me.
    Which I guess means Miraidon is the only Dragon type Paradox that I actually like... well.. 'I picked Violet for a reason =P'

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Not sure how I feel about Walking Wake really. Iron Jugulis I wish kept its Dragon typing, but I imagine that they had to change at least one of its types while also wanting to keep it having a Ground immunity

I like Miraidon a lot

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
    Years
    • He/Him/His
    • Earth
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    I like the Raidons. They're quite cool.
    Walking Wake was set up to disappoint fans after drawing of the fused dogs, but at least it's not Iron Leaves disappointing.
    Roaring Moon is sick. I quite like its wings.
    Cyclizar is a welcome Pokemon. I think the Raidons being Paradox forms of it is pretty neat.
    Tatsugiri.
    Iron Jugulis gets a mention and that is all it deserves.
    Baxcalibur is a pseudo-legend. It's almost goofy in the endearing Dragonite way. It's signature move animation is kinda funny. I think that's the point, but if they wanted another goofy pseudo they should of gone harder. Solid 6/10, but that's underwhelming compared to other Pseudos.

Years
  • Hey, have you played dragons or part-dragons in video games before ?
    I did in a MMORPG, a big, flying, fire breathing dragon!
    And now I am onto Baldur's Gate 3, as a Dragonborn! Not the kind who say "Fus Ro DAH", the real kind!
    There she is!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have managed to acquire an imo really cool figure/statue of the Salamence family =3

Front shot:
    Spoiler:

Better shot of Shelgon:
    Spoiler:

Shot of the two little Bagon off to the side:
    Spoiler:

A top down shot that just makes Salamence look cooler:
    Spoiler:

And a backshot for completion:
    Spoiler:

Attachments

• 1000000430.jpg