• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Dragonite distribution event

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    next week, they are distributing an event Dragonite.

https://xy6.pokemontcgxy.com/distro.php?lang=en_US

So. . . . What's so special about it?

Can't we just breed and raise our own Dragonite with near perfect IV's? This Dragonite doesn't seem shiny nor does it hold a rare and special dragonite only item like I heard rumors about. . I don't know, what does the forum think?

VforVendetta

FC: 0318-9839-0614
    Years
    • Age 30
    • OR
    • Seen Jun 27, 2015
    Hm, hopefully it'll have a pretty sweet event move rather than just egg move(s). Dragonite is also one of the few Pokemon I prefer not-shiny, it just looks odd to me otherwise.
    And thanks for the heads up on this. :D I'll likely be heading to Gamestop next week anyway to pre-order Battlefront 3.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • to quote Serebii from last month:

A new event has been announced for the US. From June 22nd to July 12th you can go to Gamestop to get a serial code to receive a special Dragonite. It knows the move Dragon Dance, Outrage, Hurricane and Extremespeed, which is a difficult move to get on Dragonite, and has its Hidden Ability of Multiscale and holds a Lum Berry, all to coincide with today's release of the Roaring Skies TCG set. We'll bring more as it comes.

Nothing special, but I'm picking it up anyhow, it's a freaking dragon, man!

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    most of the people I know outside of PC don't breed, so I can see them getting pretty hyped for this "special" Dragonite. I will go just so I can get it in a cherish ball :P

Years
  • While it may not look special on paper, the fact it has the hidden ability + Extreme Speed (which is usually only obtainable from the Dratini obtained in HG/SS, a time when hidden abilities were still not a thing) might be what makes it worth obtaining, especially if you're a competitive player.

Reactions: Sun

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • To build on to what Hikamaru said, not everyone who has OR/AS has access to X/Y. The Dratini line can only be found in the latter games; they're unavailable in OR/AS. This even applies to the OR/AS players who haven't had luck getting Dratini or its evolved forms over at Wonder Trade or the GTS.

Years
  • Granted i am new to the dorums but ill be mass producing 4/5 iv dratini's. Doing deinos and goomys as we speak to get a perfect iv. Working the next four days so wont be able to trade anything til monday.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • They have a lot of events of normal Pokemon and I guess they're special BECAUSE of that haha. I'll still be picking up the Dragonite because I love Dragons, but it's not really that unusual to see a "normal" Pokemon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • While it may not look special on paper, the fact it has the hidden ability + Extreme Speed (which is usually only obtainable from the Dratini obtained in HG/SS, a time when hidden abilities were still not a thing) might be what makes it worth obtaining, especially if you're a competitive player.
    I thought Extreme Speed was now an egg move this gen?

I'll see if I'm able to go to my local Gamestop to download Dragonite, because I barely play with my 3DS no thanks to Splatoon's addictiveness.

Years
  • Adding on to RNC, just remember the codes are one-use only so if you want more you need to get more codes. It's a painful process but it's basically how event distributions are being set up this generation.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Adding on to RNC, just remember the codes are one-use only so if you want more you need to get more codes. It's a painful process but it's basically how event distributions are being set up this generation.

I have 8 codes already, I will be giving to those that don't have a GS or what not.

Just a question, when I downloaded this it said "battle ready" how can it be if the 1st one I got only had IVs in HP?

Last edited by a moderator:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • It looks nice but it would really help if it wasn't only for ORAS... even though it advertises an XY set of trading cards. That makes a lot of sense, guys. :\

Back