• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dreams over the years.

Years
  • These threads are always fun.Discuss the wacky,weird,sad and all around mad dreams you have had over the years.I have had quite a few that I remembered and have wrote down.Here's one which was quite unique to say the least: This dream started with me opening a book or box,finding a 3DS in there,I thought I lost mine,but It was actually someone else's.Soon I find out every time I open this box or whatever it was,new items would appear in it,there seemed to be a catch though however.Everytime I opened it,some time would go by(A day I think it was).I eventually opened it so many times,years went by and I started panicking,then it ended.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • My dreams are mostly pointless, but some are so deep, even Adele can't roll in them.

I could analyse one of my deepest dreams, but I don't believe it's worth it, so I'll stop typing now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I once had a dream and I knew I was dreaming. Basically in the dream I was in my bed and a demon was trying to get me. Since I knew I was dreaming I tried to control the dream but I couldn't get rid of the demon. Basically after I would make an attempt to stop it the dream would reset itself to me back in my bed and the first couple times I thought I was actually awake and the dream was over. Eventually I thought the only way out was to kill myself in the dream so at one point I flew in the air and then flew down at the ground as fast as I could but the split second before I slammed into the ground my body just halted and gently fell. Anyway this went on for what seemed like hours and I remember thinking maybe I had died irl and there was no escape. Eventually I just woke up and I was exhausted.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    The best dream I ever had was going into a house, then suddenly getting attacked by ghost archers, then just random ghosts themselves. I managed to escape the house, tired and everything, then the next thing I knew the ghosts were right behind me.

Here's the thing. In the dream, when the ghosts approached me, I got to pause, and even QUIT GAME, which was then I woke up. I was like "how in the world did that happen?"

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I can't remember any specific weird dreams, but something weird about all the dreams I have is that I can never see clearly. Yup, that's right, never. I cannot remember ever having a dream where I was able to see as clearly as I do in real life. The most I can see in my dream is blurred shapes of everything, but quite often I am 100% blind, even though I have 20/20 vision irl. The weirdest part is that my dreams often become stressful because I am tasked with doing something that requires sight and I am never able to do it (ex. driving, but I can't see the road). It seems like a weird tradeoff because I am always aware that I am dreaming, and I can change things to some degree.

This has confused me for so long I really don't understand why ;~; Something funny though is that when I was younger I thought this type of dreaming was normal, so I would always get really confused when kids would be like "I had a dream where I thought I was awake!" because I have always been aware I'm dreaming.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • My recollection of dreams isn't that great. I keep forgetting. -_- It's a pain trying to keep a dream journal, I swear. But I try. I do remember this one dream where I was on a cruise liner that was passing through what appeared to be a hallway made of ice (how I dunno. But the hallway was like huge) and there were these icebergs lining the hallway. On these icebergs were killer penguins with really sharp teeth who would literally eat anyone that fell out of the boat. And for some reason, those idiots kept falling out the boat. Pretty much all I did the whole dream was stare out the window, look at the penguins and be like 'Uh... why are people jumping off the boat.'

It also happens to be one of the few dreams in which I was actually sane.

On a side note, I'm trying to get myself to have lucid dreams. That's a state in which you're conscious during your dreams and can literally just live in your dream world, making it however you want and doing whatever you want. It sounds like the ultimate goal for an escapist such as myself. xD

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I have a recurring dream where I live in the world of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue, except the entire setting is in an amazing and flawless state of peace and equilibrium. Everything is perfect, everyone is happy, everything is balanced… I scraped so hard to stay in that dream. When I was in it I felt the raw power of the pure, positive, untainted, loving, caring, and compassionate emotion that would be akin to paradise; it's very emotional thinking about how amazing that was, and I wish so badly it was real. :<

Realistically I think it might actually be a manifestation of a Pure Land from Mahayana Buddhism, which would explain why I felt it to parallel paradise so much and thought it was so perfect.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • This dream started with me opening a book or box,finding a 3DS in there,I thought I lost mine,but It was actually someone else's.Soon I find out every time I open this box or whatever it was,new items would appear in it,there seemed to be a catch though however.Everytime I opened it,some time would go by(A day I think it was).I eventually opened it so many times,years went by and I started panicking,then it ended.
    You know, that's actually a pretty good story idea!

I've lost track of all of the weird dreams I've had. I had a dream once where I was waiting in line for a roller coaster. That's it. I was waiting in line for hours. When I finally board the coaster, I was so excited. As soon as the train topped the lift hill and started dropping down, I woke up. I still feel like I got ripped off.

Years
  • You know, that's actually a pretty good story idea!

Heh,funny you say that.That's exactly what I thought when I woke up.Have no idea how I could implement it in a story of sorts,but feel free to borrow the idea,just remember who you got it from :P (and if the idea gets put in a book that becomes a best seller,I will get some of the profit right? right? D: )

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    One of my most memorable dreams was it was the end of the world. I was out on the open, along with my whole family. My cousin then said that there was this island called "Timbuktu", and it's a safe island. My dad told us to get in the car, along with my other cousin for some reason, and we proceeded to find Timbuktu. Turns out it was just a small rock in the middle of a flood. My cousin, who was riding with me, suddenly disappeared with no warning. I woke up after that, so I'll never know what happens next. :P

I had another dream, when I was about nine, and I was from some rich family and got in an arranged marriage with some girl my age. I considered it as a nightmare at the time, haha. Another one worth mentioning I guess, since it's Pokemon-related, was me as Brendan and my girlfriend was May. She lived in a suburban house in the middle of nowhere, had three sisters and a smelly kitchen. Nothing much happened in that dream, though.

Years
  • One night last year I had a dream that I was promoted to a moderator here on PC, only to see it actually come true a few weeks later. And I can assure you I'm not making it up at all.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I had a dream the other night that I was on the PC chatroom and Andy got on and was trying to figure out how to donate part of his liver to his friend.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I used to have such wonderfully vivid dreams than I could recall so easily as a young child.

I'm sure I still have dreams, but if I do then for a very long time I haven't been able to remember any at all upon waking up. Not a one in like, I dunno... fifteen years?

Back