• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Poetry] Dualiks Poetic Displays

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
    Years
    Introduction

Good day to you, reader. Should you have come here with a genuine interest in my writings then I must thank you for taking the time, a writer writes so his work can be read, I see no point to it otherwise... aside from occasional emotional support.

A very long time ago I was a different member of PC. A person I'd rather forget, I loved to write even then. However my words stayed in the RP corner and rarely left there if ever, since that time I have left PC behind and now come back as a different person entirely. During my departure I placed my pen to paper in an effort to express myself in a more eloquent, meaningful and memorable way. There was no better medium for this, in my opinion, than the glorious yet humble halls of the poets mindset... and so I began to write poetry.

For the longest time this poetry has remained hidden, kept under lock and key and revealed to only a few select individuals. However, I have now decided to reveal my hard work to any who wish to see it within this community, a community that I see as kind and understanding as well as a community I have always held close to my heart.

I shall from here to the future post poems at random within this thread... sometimes they will be long and filled with meaning, other times they may be short and simple to understand. The bottom line is that this thread shall henceforth be the home of any poetic displays that I wish to reveal publicly... I shall begin here by posting one of my most recent scribbles... and perhaps one of my favourites.

A ballad to the life of a leader, one might say.

"The Path to Power"

Past chances now taken away,
    Hast thou felt the unpleasant sting?
    A shard so cast from iron forged ring,
    As thou stood against a molten brothers sway.

Forever abandoned within withered words,
    Thou shalt stand alone against thy rulers pen,
    Condemned by such as the crestfallen wren,
    Ink falls heavier than blood drawn by swords.

A road paved by opportunity fleet,
    Ahead lies a future, behind thy past,
    Above no more than skies forever vast,
    Thy mistakes below thy feet.

Hatred empowers the loners path,
    Are they beneath you? Or simply lesser?
    Yet still they watch you as if they are better,
    Shall you show mercy or release thy wrath?

Relinquish now, your human ties,
    So that you may stand forever above,
    This World once killed your peace filled dove,
    So now do listen to its mournful cries.

Hands bloodied and climbing to lifes peak in their wake.

The path to power is wrought with pain.

Back