• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Dumbest Rumour You've ever heard?

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    I dunno if there is a thread similar to this somewhere but...
    Whats the dumbest rumour you've heard for R/B/G/S/C
    Mine is if you beat the elite 4 150 times and go to cerulean cave wild mew would apper

Years
    mine is: if you beat the elite four in diamond or pearl 13 times a secret city called blanco city will let you go there but it is not on the map you will have to find it

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Something similar to beating the E4 a certain amount of times and a mew will show up.

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
    If you have Gold linked to Silver and have each game board the magnet train in the opposite directions of each other at the exact same time, the trains will crash, and if you walk on the railroad, you can find wild Mews.

Luap25

yeah.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    funniest thing ever: i heard that if you beat the elite four 20 times, prof. oak will lead you to the hall at the end, then say "im tired of this" and faint. you would have a choice to go left down the hall and find a "real" missigno, which was rumored to be some type of bird, or to go right and enter "pokevillage", where everyone had really good pokemon and traded with you. No joke! i swear i didn't make this up! and the funny part is i believed it and when i finally beat the elite four 20 times i was soooo dissapointed.. lol

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    i just heard one the other day
    if you beat the elite 4 with only a pikachu 50 times and go to prof. oaks lab afterward he will give you a pikablu/marill

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Talk to Professor Elm one hundred times without leaving his lab and he'll give you a random Kanto starter! It's pretty sad that I fell for it, but in my defence, I was only seven years old.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If you give Charizard a charcoal you get to get a Charchlizard.

Years
    If you beat the elite four 100 times in GSC you go to the cave of Doom which has lots of Level 100 Pokemon and Lance is really old there. o.o I think my cousin just said it to be mean. =(

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    this one annoyed me;

talk to your rival 50 times after you get ur starter and he'll take you to a shop where you can buy any item in the game

Years
    Wait, you mean there are all untrue? D:

I've heard the one about the Orange Islands and Bill's garden before. And, of course, the classic 'Mew under the truck' stuff.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    The Professor Oak's funeral thing :( I still remember spending all my time in game trying to follow a weird bunch of steps to see Prof Oak die and get a Celebi or something.

Dragon_Souther

Vappy x Moony <3333
    Years
    I heard the one about Mew under the truck and i wasted 2 days of my life getting to that truck and wasted another 3 hours of my life trying to find out to get under there! Luckily i was in a good mood that day!

Here are some i have heard!

There is supposed to be a "Mew Three" by using moonstone on Mewtwo.

In pokemon yellow you could catch wild Mew's and Togepi's in the area above the Day-Care center!

Trade Onix 60 times and it evolves into Diamonix....

I don't know who would beleive this but they said you could catch Yoshi in Red and Blue.... Nuf said!

If you get ko'd on the ss anne after getting cut then go back after beating the elite it takes you to an island where you can catch Mewgod (sometimes called pokemon god)

Now this one made me LOL! Some guy said to me he caught a Kangaskhan which evolved into Mew(WTF!) which then evolved into Scyther (WTF!!!!!!!)!

This one was about the anime! Some weird people who never watched the anime said that the episode Pikachu's Goodbye was where Team Rocket shot Pikachu and it died but then Ash just got another Pikachu.....

People used to say in the 4th generation Gonbe would be Snorlax's pre-evolution

Now lastly a rumour i beleived and still do beleive in! Pokemon shall never end! Even if the franchise goes out of business (God forbid) there will always be Pokemon as long as it has fans!

Hope you enjoyed all the rumours i had!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    That if you catch Missingno and... do something, but I forgot what (but it wasn't something that'd cause the game to spaz out)... it turns into a witch who thanks you for releasing her from a hundred year curse and I think gives you a wand, or joins your party... somehow.
    I heard this in year four so whatever.

It's definitely one of the more interesting rumours, and if one does not know that Missingno is a glitch Pokemon, it's actually quite believable.
    Okay true that wasn't the requested dumb, but the dumb ones are boring.

Last edited:
    Back