• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 Discussion - All Three Conferences

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
Years
  • I was gonna make this thread >_____________>

xD I didnt see all the conferences just nintendos *shot*

Nintendo is teh pwnage 8D

Anywayz I really like the new animal crossing game and the new feature it comes with ^__^

I just kinda wish nintendo woulve talked about other games besides wii music I was really looking foward to a new Kid Icarus game

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Hey whochanged it?! I meant this nintendo only! Darn. Now we have no choice but to talk bout how happy the ps3/360 owners probably are.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Hey whochanged it?! I meant this nintendo only! Darn. Now we have no choice but to talk bout how happy the ps3/360 owners probably are.

Obviously a moderator. [omg big shocker there.]

I changed it so we wouldn't have 500 threads about how pathetic the conferences were and about individual games that were announced.

Seeing as most of the games announced had little, if any, information about them out, there is no point in making a whole thread with speculation and utter rubbish. With a main thread for everything E3, things will be less cluttered and people can discuss the entire event as a whole along with any games they liked/disliked that were shown.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well both teams are at a game and even metroid supposedly is geting a game. Oh i hope it involves the new motion+ wii controls since its a fps. Oh lookie i got me a shiny lazer pointer! *Waves hand in front of myself like looking at it*

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Each one only had one game i didn't allready know about, Nintendo had Animal Crossing, the only thing new from Microsoft is that Final Fantasy 13 will be on 360, and the only big thing from Sony was God of War 3.
    Overall dissapointing, also Smash wasn't suppost to get announced at the last E3 but it came out by mistake so they had to, don't expect the same thing to happen again this time.

Oh and don't get to excited about new Mario games, there are alot of rumors that there are just working on the usual Sport/Party games they allways release with them.

Years
  • Still waiting for Cpt. Rainbow (Even though we know about it already).

A Jamie Oliver cooking game for DS... Must the most annoying game that will ever come into existence.

Mario Tennis is the one shock I hope for.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • I may have to convert from a Nintendo fanboy to a Microsoft fanboy. The Microsoft conference blew the other two out of the water. =x Fable 2, Fallout 3, Rock Band 2, The Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Finaly Fantasy XIII, and Tales of Vesperia. <3

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well fine go to the dark side. Just so you know we ninty fans have um let me see....nothing. Darn. But its really boring now that nothing exciting is announced. Im goin to wait for tgs.

Years
  • Nintendo have more up their sleeve and they have impressed me anyway.

Also Rock Band 2 is coming for wii to you know.

This E3 isnt a good reason to switch because Nintendo and Microsoft are both equal at the top really.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • No acually since nintendo spent 30 minutes ranting bout the wii i learnd wii=pwnage microsoft=lamage. I mean reggies intimidating whe he talks.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • According to the news, Nintendo will be holding a private conference today, where a new game could be unveiled. I'm seriously hoping so.
    Rumours keep talking about Kid Icarus...

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I would rather a new Zelda, didn't like the original Kid Icarus and i hated Pit in SSBB.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I was hoping for a new Wii Zelda game, but E3 isn't entirely over yet... The new Wii Sports looks fun, and I NEED that new Animal Crossing!

But Microsoft definitely had the best conference: Fallout 3, Fable 2, and Gears 2 are all amazing. Though the avatars are just fancy Miis...

Sony was a bit of a disappointment, just talking about figures the entire time, and few demos were played.

Also, who else watched it in G4? They have the exclusive TV coverage of E3. And after the Microsoft conference, we got to see more of Fallout 3. As in, using a rocket launcher made of a wood-chipper and leaf-blower to launch teddy bears at someone, and actually kill them O_o...

I can't wait 'til 6 to see more of E3 on G4 lol.

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • No mentions of the Sony conference? D:

Resistance 2 looks amazing. <3 MAG is an interesting concept as well, but 256 players? I'll be surprised if they can pull off 50. It also has a long way to go until prime time, so I won't be looking into this much. Aside from the video service, Sony didn't really promise much else for 2008. They needed to show some God of War 3 gameplay, a CG teaser is weak. My favourite part was when they talked at length about how "2008 is the year of the PS3." Before mentioning a new game or service, they started discussing on how great the PS2 was doing this year. What they said is an easy claim to make though, considering how 2008 is half over and previously announced games are starting to hit for the holidays.

Microsoft did well, with a new Live interface, and a game announcement that not everyone was expecting. That Fallout 3 trailer looked awesome, too. They're also noteworthy for not showing their titles for 2009-10, so we still have more things to look forward to later on.

Nintendo was by far the worst, in my opinion. A completely uninspiring and dull conference. It doesn't matter though, since they're well on their way of being this generation's winner on what works for them best. They do their standard few new platformers and generational releases, and their several worthless add-ons. However with their fanbase, they'll win by not screwing up. The casual gaming market is serious business. :<

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
  • According to the news, Nintendo will be holding a private conference today, where a new game could be unveiled. I'm seriously hoping so.
    Rumours keep talking about Kid Icarus...

You aint the only one 8D

I wouldd pretty much die if they didnt announce it T__T

Pit is an awesome character in brawl and I think he deserves another game

I guess well have to wait and see though

ANIMAL CROSSING FTW!!!
    xD I just thought id put that out there rofl!

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
  • i hope the Wii Speak is not just only for Animal Crossing
    becuz diz would be perfect for ROCK BAND 2!!!
    since u could bring ur band online!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • If you're interested in my FULL thoughts on all three conferences, hit up my LJ. There's a bit of colourful language, though, so I'll just summarize it here. XD

Microsoft → Best conference of the bunch. It was flashy, entertaining, and their statistics section was the shortest. Fallout 3 looks great, though I probably won't get it. RE5 looks good too, but I haven't touched that series before. Fable II looks amazing--I'm definitely picking that up, though I'd also like to find the original and play it. GoW2 looks nice but I have to see if I can get into the first one first. Banjo Kazooie on XBLA was surprising, but I suck at the original so I doubt I'll pick up this series. (Ask TRIFORCE89, I really do suck.) The more casual stuff... GH:WT looks okay but lame compared to RB2, which I'll probably be picking up this year. Lips is intriguing but I can't sing so... oh well. :( New dashboard looks LAME. I really hope it's very customisable. But I'm looking forward to the other additions. Live parties, movie sharing, gameshows? I'm there! :'D Avatars were expected. XD You're In The Movies was surprisingly added to my wishlist too. I was laughing at the final movie they showed off with the three actors or whatever and... it looks like a fun game to play with the family. Finally, the SE games look good. I'll probably end up getting a few of them, but I don't know what console yet. Probably at least one on 360 because I'll be picking up the XIII games on PS3 (that announcement really surprised me!).

Nintendo → LAAAAAAAAAAME. Worst conference of the bunch. I was thorougly bored through the whole thing. The only worthwhile announcement was Animal Crossing and I don't even play that series. But yeah, see my original post in this thread for individual game opinions. :/ Cammie or whoever it was who hosted this one was just... augh. Do not want. D: Mind you, I didn't even like Reggie's performance this year so whatever.

Sony → While I didn't actually get anything from this conference, it was still better than Nintendo's. Not that that's hard. XD; Resistance 2 looks REALLY good. @_@ But I suck at games like that and I proooobably won't play it, so I'll just buy it and watch my brother play. Whoo. :'D Aside from that, nothing really jumps out at me. I loved how they showed off their stats and numbers with Little Big Planet though. That was great. ♥ The movie delivery/downloads thing looks pretty sweet, but I'm not sure about it yet. I guess I'll see when I'm back to my PS3 at home. Not much else to say on it though. D:

Dunno what Nintendo's supposed to be announcing today. Whatever it is, I hope they get on with it and give us something interesting to work with. :/ Not that I'll be interested in what they have unless it's a major, major franchise and even then... I haven't been impressed at ALL yet this generation with them (except Brawl). @_@

Back