• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Earth and Sky: Return to Lethia (M)

Years
  • I got a new gaming mechanical keyboard, an ocarina, bit of candy and 2 books from a concerned mother. A "how to make long lasting friends" book and "guide to the alien gender." Both books winning some christian book reward. She's worried about me in that department, though she's becoming too worrisome....

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Haha. I should really post soon but I'm still a bit unaware of what's going on. I think we all need some guidance. I mean like you could write a cool fight scene and stuff and then we can just jump in and use the moves then you can carry on or something. o3o

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I was thinking of having that egg from my Flygon to hatch and refusing to go with me. But i like Quto's idea...

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Alright I tried to make a really sad post but like I suck at that so you just have something that looks like it was wrote really fast. xD

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years

• ...I remember this RP.

Quto~! How would you feel about Julia returning for some good ol' times?

I also have other characters like the southern cowgirl and the raging midget dragon tamer I wouldn't mind bringing if you'd enjoy something fresh... >w>

Years

• ...I remember this RP.

Quto~! How would you feel about Julia returning for some good ol' times?

I also have other characters like the southern cowgirl and the raging midget dragon tamer I wouldn't mind bringing if you'd enjoy something fresh... >w>

Julia returning would be nice. :)
    However I'm also welcome to newer faces. ^_^ Can't wait to see you in the fray once more.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Hello yellow. Feeling Mellow? When you feel down, bellow, and you'll be feeling as cool as Chelo (Jose Oscar Mejias Hernandez) ^-^

Dawn

Years
  • @Nate: I'm always mellow. Mello Yello. ...Mmm. Glad to see you again~

Hmm... Wow. I am having a -really- hard time deciding which character to bring in actually.

So I decided to apply for them all and let you guys tell me which character(s) you think would mesh well and be an interesting addition to the team.

Team: Skyward
    Name: Julia Blackwood
    Sex: Female
    Apperance:
    yv2jYla.png

Bio: Julia comes from Maiden's Peak, Kanto. As a younger child she banded up with three of her close friends and set out on a journey to "become world famous" together. They explored ruins and challenged powerful trainers to hectic 4v4 battles, an unrecognized form of pokemon combat they themselves thought up and convinced others to try. As the group traveled they made a name for themselves among locals, even going as far as to wind up on television not once but several times. Divided they were good trainers, but together they became trendsetters. Few could even keep up with the intensely fast paced battles. They even eventually managed to encounter the legendary pokemon Entei through sheer luck, managing to trap and capture the legendary dog after a very heated battle that put one of them in the hospital for a bit. As time passed however their comradely fluctuated. Opinions changed, arguments happened and certain members began drifting apart with no sign of recovery. It all began with the question of who would "own" Entei. They had all had to work together to bring him down, so who ought to rightfully wield him? It only got worse from there, as bitterness dug up petty disagreements that merely fueled the descent. Julia, whilst not entirely innocent, had never been one to hold a grudge. She loved her friends and the idea of them splitting up made her heart weep with angst, yet she was helpless as the demands of four teenagers living together proved too much for her to fix. That is where Lethia came into picture. Seeing power in the prize of a wish Julia called on their kinship one last time, promising that she would enter the tournament and use the wish for all of their sakes. The others attempted to dissuade Julia, telling her that it was crazy. There could only be one winner which meant they could not enter as a team, and the consequences of failure could very well mean death. At this Julia summoned every ounce of bravery she had and adamantly stood her ground, saying that she would go herself if that was what it took. A moment of silence followed in which her what was left of their friendship was put to test before one of the three produced one of their own pokemon from their person, handing it out to Julia in offering. It took everyone a moment to grasp what was going on, but when they did the others followed suit. Each of Julia's friends gave Julia one of their pokemon to take with her; it was decided then that even though they could not be there with Julia physically, Julia would not truly be going alone. Her friends pokemon, the pokemon she had battled alongside, would be there to remind her of what she was fighting for and give her courage to bolster her own. On the day Julia was scheduled to leave for Lethia her friends came forward to insist that she take Entei with her, a compromise all but one of them had reluctantly agreed to.

In the last tournament on Lethia Julia fought hard and made new friends, even beginning a small modeling career for a pokemon trainer's magazine that would go on to surprise her friends and family back home. Although Julia did not emerge the victor of the last tournament, she found herself unable to accept this or face her friends after failing them. Thus, she now finds herself back in Lethia under similar circumstances, vowing to keep trying until succeeds.

One wish can make it all right...

Julia is a talented and intuitive trainer, learning quickly and easily grasping most concepts. Her weakness is single battles, whilst her abilities skyrocket as she is allotted more pokemon to use at once. She is quick to trust and forms powerful bonds with those she works with. She has a balanced body build, most of her exercise coming from all the walking she does.

Pokemon Team
    Name: Ice
    Species: Sableye
    Pokemon Move Set: Recover, Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, Secret Power

Name: Roy
    Species: Talonflame
    Sex: Male
    Pokemon Move Set: Secret Power, Brave Bird, Flare Blitz, Bulk Up

Name: Entei
    Species: Entei
    Pokemon Move Set: Sacred Fire, Secret Power, Extreme Speed, Stone Edge

Name: Rockette
    Species: Lopunny
    Pokemon Move Set: Secret Power, High Jump Kick, Power Up Punch, Baton Pass

Name: "Chucklehead" MacGyver
    Species: Haunter
    Pokemon Move Set: Telekinesis, Destiny Bond, Mean Look, Night Shade

Name: Lumine
    Species: Abomasnow
    Pokemon Move Set: Blizzard, Giga Drain, Ice Shard, Secret Power

Team: Gold
    Name: Valorie Ryder
    Apperance:
    KIG4qcb.png

Bio: Valorie was born and raised in Icirrus City, located in the Unova region. Ever since she was a child she had had a fascination with dragon pokemon. She would often walk north to see Dragonspiral tower, day dreaming about what must be inside. (She of course never so much as attempted to venture inside) According to her parents, she had a tendency to sneak away, and they weren't quite sure how she managed. Whenever asked about her tendency to disappear, Valorie would seemingly feign naivety, and even claim she herself did not know. The only notable pattern was that it had a slight tendency to be during the night. One day, she failed to take caution around the grass growing near the entrance to Dragonspiral Tower and was attacked by a wild Tranquill. Attack is probably a misnomer, however, as the tranquill merely attempted to settle down and perch atop her head. This however did not amuse Valorie, who was very startled by the fairly heavy bird, even moreso when she saw how big it was. She promptly freaked out and ran away, in turn startling the Tranquill which briefly chased her in an irritated fashion before giving up. After telling a sob story to her father about the experience, it was decided that it was about time she got her own pokemon to protect herself. Her father was a traveling man business man. (Where have I heard this before?) Therefore, it was set upon his shoulders to get a pokemon for her. A good week later, he returned with a single pokemon in a pokeball. It was a charmander, and he'd chosen it as Valorie's first pokemon. He had been on a trip to Kanto, and had thought to look for a dragon pokemon for his daughter, but simply had failed to find one within time constraints, going with his second choice instead. Valorie took the pokeball and almost immediately threw it... without activating it. After having the dynamics of using a pokeball explained to her whilst she attempted to pay full attention (With moderate success) she immediately let her Charmander out of it's ball. Having a very high opinion of her father's ability, she was ever so slightly disappointed that he had not in fact somehow managed to get her a dragon pokemon. After a moment though, she became very aware that she was in possession of a fire pokemon. Even with her limited knowledge, she knew very well that fire pokemon tended to do well against ice pokemon, the type her city's Gym Leader used. This in mind, she decided to embrace her new-found friend, both metaphorically and literally, and set off to train to her parents protests of caution. She enjoyed showing off to her friends as she trained, who mainly didn't have pokemon themselves. Her parents became aware of her sneaking out to train when she should be in bed, however, and were not very happy with how obsessed she seemed to be with getting stronger. They attempted to warn her to take care of herself better, but it simply didn't seem to work. Come the day she tried to take on the Gym, she was defeated before ever having reached the Gym Leader, as she simply hadn't invested enough time training yet, even with her exceptionally hard training schedules. She had rushed into the challenge way too fast. Valorie turned out not to be a very graceful loser, and threw a fit, fleeing the Gym. For a while, she refused to try again, believing that she needed to train a lot harder to ever take on the gym. One night in winter, Valorie woke up, finding herself standing back at Dragonspiral tower. At first, she was surprised. She didn't remember coming there. The familiar tower loomed against the starry sky, filling her with memories of what seemed like ages ago, even though it hadn't been all that long. She hadn't come her since she had received her first pokemon. This phenomenon was familiar to her. She had a tendency to go to sleep and wind up in places she didn't remember traveling to. For a moment, she began to brood about why this was, but her thoughts were interrupted by an unfamiliar voice, a hushed whisper. She focused her eyes, looking around briefly, not sure if she'd really heard it as she hadn't quite caught what was said the first time. Looking around, she spotted a figure, taller than her, features mostly hidden in the darkness. He/she asked if she was alright, and she nodded. She asked herself why this person was whispering, but put that thought aside as he/she took a few steps in her general direction. Looking back on this event, Valorie couldn't remember if it was a man, a woman, or even much of their features other than that they were tall, and rather skinny, and what they had said. The person proceeded to inform Valorie that she seemed to be a sleep walker. Valorie was startled, but the person went on to calmly explain what that meant. For a time, they talked. It turned out he/she was also a fan of dragon pokemon, but that they were a far more experienced trainer than Valorie herself. At some point during the conversation, Valorie bemoaned that she herself owned no dragon pokemon. She wasn't sure in her tired stupor, but she thought she may have heard a chuckle in response. The person then asked if she could do him/her a favor. Valorie wasn't exactly in a position to be giving, but asked him "Like what?" out of politeness. To her surprise, he/she asked her if she could take the egg of one of his pokemon, as he/she did not have the time to be raising it themself, and happened to be looking to give it to a good home. Said person, of course, probably did not know that Valorie was a runaway. He/she then went on to explain that it was the egg of a dragon pokemon. Somewhere during this part of the conversation, Valorie was pulled a bit further into consciousness by her excitement. She immediately replied yes in a rash manner. The stranger did take notice of this, and insisted on going over how he wanted the pokemon to be taken care of, and never to be neglected. After hearing the person out, Valorie agreed in a more respectable manner and was handed an egg. At the time, she was no longer concerned with the person's appearance, and was too busy observing the egg she was being handed with great wonder as the stranger approached and handed it to her. She was promptly instructed to keep it warm and safe. Valorie decided to take off her beanie cap and put it on the egg, figuring that if it kept her head and ears warm, it must be able to keep the egg warm too, and simply held it in her arms. She and the stranger talked a bit more, where the stranger told her a bit about some of the battles and challenges they'd faced, before they quietly departed, leaving Valorie with good wishes. Her attention no longer being stimulated, she looked back at Dragonspiral Tower, allowing it's mystery to fill her imagination once more. When she turned to go she realized that her Charmander was not with her. She realized she must have left it behind when she went sleep walking, and promptly snuck her way back home with her new egg. Charmander had at this point woken up and realized it's trainer was gone. She was re-united with Charmander at her front door, and she found herself slightly impressed that it had been waiting for her. Even though she now had a dragon egg, she still valued her first pokemon quite a bit. At a later date of little significance, the egg hatched into a Dratini...

Valorie is an unyielding, hot headed, somewhat stubborn trainer. Though she is not a thug by any stretch of the imagination, she takes great pride in her battle prowess and cannot stomach the idea of losing. This egotism is borne out of an intensely self-critical mindset and a strong desire for respect. One could only imagine what things she would wish for should she triumph at the tournament. Contrary to her fierce battling and training style, she is intensely afraid of physical confrontation herself. This is because she has a very weak body build, being both very short and doing only the bare minimum exercise.

Pokemon Team
    Name: Charizard
    Species: Charizard
    Pokemon Move Set: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Flare Blitz, Roost

Name: Dragonite
    Species: Dragonite
    Pokemon Move Set: Dragon Rush, Superpower, Extremespeed, Roost

Name: Haxorus
    Species: Haxorus
    Pokemon Move Set: Dragon Dance, Outrage, Earthquake, Poison Jab

Name: Rex
    Species: Tyrantrum
    Pokemon Move Set: Head Smash, Earthquake, Hone Claws, Rock Polish,

Name: Goodra
    Species: Goodra
    Pokemon Move Set: Rain Dance, Rest, Thunder, Muddy Water

Name: Shu
    Species: Yamask
    Pokemon Move Set: Telekinesis, Night Shade, Heal Block, Protect

Team: Skyward
    Name: Jessica Stark
    Apperance:
    pYiNd.png

Bio: Jessica grew up on a ranch in Unova with her parents, having a powerful relationship with her father in particular. Such was her desire to be more like her father that led her to her tomboyish demeanor and outlook on life as she adamantly focused upon becoming a great rancher in his footsteps rather than her mother's. This was briefly an issue in Jessica's earlier childhood in which her parents attempted to stress to her the value of womanhood. This brief conflict instilled upon Jessica a distaste for being thought of as feminine, one she never quite got over. Eventually however her parents came to accept that she had her own plans for life, allowing Jessica to leave the ranch and pursue her dreams of traveling the world in the company of the pokemon she had helped her father raise. She was neither an obsenely strong nor skillful trainer, but nor was she a quitter, training as much as she needed to so that she could finally realize her dreams of seeing the world and exploring all it had to offer. Jessica might lack an education but her big, adventurous heart eventually brought her to Lethia.

Jessica reveres hard work and is generally a very friendly and laid back trainer, enjoying the company of others and more than willing to give without expecting anything in return. She wouldn't claim to be a hero, but her philanthropic heart betrays her true interests. Jessica has a muscular body build, having more than enough raw strength to get through a day's hard labour.

Pokemon Team
    Name: Gray
    Species: Tauros
    Pokemon Move Set: Body Slam, Zen Headbutt, Earthquake, Retaliate

Name: Benson
    Species: Bouffalant
    Pokemon Move Set: Head Charge, Megahorn, Superpower, Stone Edge

Name: Roseanne
    Species: Miltank
    Pokemon Move Set: Curse, Body Slam, Milk Drink, Heal Bell

Name: Dixie
    Species: Stoutland
    Pokemon Move Set: Return, Crunch, Superpower, Play Rough

Name: Vivian
    Species: Lopunny
    Pokemon Move Set: High Jump Kick, Iron Tail, Bounce, Healing Wish

Name: Greer
    Species: Lucario
    Pokemon Move Set: Nasty Plot, Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Dark Pulse

Last edited:
    Years
  • I find all 3 characters acceptable, however is Julia going to be cannon from the first iteration if you decide to play as her? It would be interesting to hear what she's been doing since she left Lethia since I count her as a veteran to the hostile region.

If you plan to play her as a clean slate to start things over, leaving out her existence to the first iteration, then I also find this acceptable, though it means seeing her through her character development from the beginning.

Valorie and Jessica are very acceptable; pitting two new comers to the region to see how they adapt to something not in their more comfortable environments in a land dominated by the wilds. If you use Valorie, I can use her as a stepping stones for some ideas to create obstacles and challenge's given her headstrong personality, as well as force her as a character to develop. You still need Nate's permission since Gold is his team in order for Valorie to hop in, but I don't think he'll have any objection's.

Jessica, I don't really know what to do about her for character development much, I mean, I can sling a challenge, though I don't know what to set up for her to question herself or nurture any development as a character, which is making me question what to do about her. You can still play as her if she's your choice, you can play as all 3 if you want, just with her, I need time to think her challenges through.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • I think team Gold is a little barren so it would be nice to have a new member to shake things up. A hot head head should keep us all on our toes, so I'd of course accept you into Gold if you so choose that character :P So, as biased as this opinion is, I like Valerie most :3

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I would chose Julia, not only because she is a Skyward member, but also, it would be good to have a veteran here. Yeah because i don't consider Shadoan as a veteran but yes a boss, because he is the leader of Team Skyward XD. But decision is yours not mine.

manadhon

RTX-008L
    Years
  • An overdue reply:

I got a new gaming mechanical keyboard, an ocarina, bit of candy and 2 books from a concerned mother. A "how to make long lasting friends" book and "guide to the alien gender." Both books winning some christian book reward. She's worried about me in that department, though she's becoming too worrisome....

I think I'd be more worried that someone actually bought you those books in the first place, but it's the thought that counts, I guess? Parents will be parents though, you gotta give them that.

Spoiler:

Personally, I'd like to see Julia, but I'm fine with any of the three you proposed. Being one of the new guys leaves me ignorant of past experiences in Lethia (I'll take the time to go through the entirety of the original thread one of these days), and as Quto mentioned, it'd be cool to see how Julia has been. Although, at the same time Gold does need a member, so that it isn't just Luke and the inactive Cabbage (vegetable puns pending).

I'm going to take a neutral stance here.

Dawn

Years
  • I find all 3 characters acceptable, however is Julia going to be cannon from the first iteration if you decide to play as her? It would be interesting to hear what she's been doing since she left Lethia since I count her as a veteran to the hostile region.

If you plan to play her as a clean slate to start things over, leaving out her existence to the first iteration, then I also find this acceptable, though it means seeing her through her character development from the beginning.

See, that's another thing I wondered about. Last time in E&S legendaries were a thing, so I'm left to wonder what happened to Entei. I had to rewrite about half of Julia's bio to remove him from it. (I fixed up the writing a lot while I was at it. :P) I would love to play Julia's first visit to E&S as canon. Regardless, a part of me is eyeing the possibility of playing Valorie and Julia. I don't want to overwork myself and risk a muse burnout, but I feel like 2 characters is a thing I can do--Maybe 3, but unless people really want to see Jessica I'm probably going to avoid that for my own sake. |D

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
  • @Quto: I would love to~ I could've sworn I had your Skype, but now I have no idea what I did with it. I think I'll also try entering Valorie--Get a little taste of both teams, perhaps~

What did you have in mind for Julia?

Years
  • Well, I can make the exception Since you were in the previous iteration to allow Entei as long as noone else here has any issues with it.

If it's a no-go, We could place Entei somewhere he could be or needs to be while you travel Lethia; I left Melody at a daycare center to look after her and Avaith's egg. Entei could be helping out somewhere or stay at the same daycare as Melody and Stella.

As for Julia's life after the 1st tournament, I can help a little, but it's purely up to you since she's your character.

Dawn

Years
  • Well, I can make the exception Since you were in the previous iteration to allow Entei as long as noone else here has any issues with it.

If it's a no-go, We could place Entei somewhere he could be or needs to be while you travel Lethia

Well don't I feel special! I could really go either way with that, For reference, guys, catching Entei was originally supposed to be one of the things that nearly tore Julia's group of friends apart. (They caught him as a group and couldn't decide who should wield him.)

As for Julia's life after the 1st tournament, I can help a little, but it's purely up to you since she's your character.

Hey I'm flexible. I'm just thrilled to see you're back and doing E&S. Help me out a little and I'll adjust whatever you give me to fit my own plans.

Years
  • Hey I'm flexible. I'm just thrilled to see you're back and doing E&S. Help me out a little and I'll adjust whatever you give me to fit my own plans.

Well, This all depends who you'll enter as. You going to enter as all 3 profiles, two or just one?

Also, I'm happy I'm back doing E&S for another iteration as well. This time, I hope I can keep the next stay at the loft shorter to a week's worth of post's instead of letting it waste out at the year.

Back