• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Easiest pokedex?

Years
    I feel this is a no duh question but imma ask anyway; Do you think Legends is the easiest game to complete the pokedex in? I feel its kinda a no brainer as ANYONE could do it with abit of work. Big thing helping it is not requiring trades for pokemon, just making the various items usable(linking cable, magmarizer, etc)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I suppose it is yeah since they cut out most of the usual bullshit that can potentially be an issue for completing it. They kinda had to though, since PokeDex completion is what the game is based around.

Not that it doesn't have its own annoyances, such as the Manaphy quest or like (for me anyway) Cherubi absolutely refusing to appear and I got so fed up with it that I imported one from BDSP.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Um, for the most part? Yes. Because the game is about completing the Pokedex, they definitely had to make it easier to complete it. But, I still don't think it's the easiest because Spiritomb is a very annoying obstacle, and some Pokemon were just really difficult to catch or some I just wasn't able to at all and just ported them into the game. (Spiritomb and maybe like 3 or so others).

I still think gens 4 and 5 are still by far the easiest games to complete the Pokedex in because you can migrate from gens 3 to 4 and from 3, to 4 to 5 (and use wifi but with a workaround, I guess), but that's just me.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Definitely. It was actually designed to encourage Pokédex completion instead of making it a task for completionists. It's better blended into the natural game progression and you need it to see the actual ending.

Not only due to no trading requirement, but also the smaller roster (242 vs the 400+ from modern main games), the more fun catching mechanics that allow catching many Pokémon without starting a battle, most fully evolved Pokémon being available in the wild, and no Pokémon locked behind mistery gifts, timed events or any BS involving stuff from outside the game.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Kinda? This post is assuming we're all going by the in-game logic where Mythical Pokémon don't count.

Certainly in terms of being able to get every Pokémon within the game without and internet connection and/or friends it is the easiest.

But some of those rare spawns appear to be very rare, so HGSS probably has it beat in that way, given how many of the 493 at the time are available within the game (although Safari Zone is a nightmare). As someone mentioned above, Cherubi is a nightmare to get - I got really lucky with an alpha Cherrim but haven't seen another since and I'm at almost 90 hours only spent in those first two areas of the game where they're supposedly 'easiest' to find. Still not seen a Munchlax either, just have data from syncing my shinies across all my Switch games (I like that it makes their icons always appear in the shiny form after that).

Or perhaps LGPE given that like PLA all the starters are available in the wild. Or if we're only counting regional Pokédex from back when there was a National one, BW's regional one is pretty simple. One of the regional exclusive families is available in an in-game trade, leaving you with only Gothita / Solosis, Rufflet / Vullaby, Tornadus / Thundurus, and the Mascot. That said, not having every one even able of being seen in the game sucks.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    It seems really difficult for me to complete the Pokédex in this game because the game is hard to sit through. To complete a Pokédex entry for a Pokémon, you have to catch multiple versions of the same Pokémon, which is stupid. I had a much easier time completing the Pokédex for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Violet. I know people who can easily help me make trades, so that's not a problem.

Back