• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Edit Regional Pokedex Size

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    Hi, I was just curious if there was any software or method that allowed you to change the size of the regional pokedex for Pokemon Emerald. I want to remove some pokemon that I will not be using in my ROM, and was wondering if there was anyway to do so.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    I just want to remove their entries, not remove them entirely from the game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2021
    This reply is assuming you're binary hacking, not sure what to do if you're using the decomp but certain it's much more straightforward. So if you're using binary then the app Pokemon Game Editor has a function called the "Pokedex Data Editor" (second entry on the second row).

But PGE is notoriously unstable, so you can also use something like HexManiacAdvance (a hex editing software specifically for pokemon genIII games) to get to the table called "data.pokedex.regional".

Make sure to make backups often!

Back