• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

editing pokemon colors

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    at the moment Im trying to change the colors of some pokemon but they are either coming out messed up or different altogether, anybody know of a tool or a way to change the colors of the pokemon?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    at the moment Im trying to change the colors of some pokemon but they are either coming out messed up or different altogether, anybody know of a tool or a way to change the colors of the pokemon?
    It would help if you described which sprites you were trying to change and what you've tried so far.

Assuming that you mean battle sprites, the colors are stored in graphics/pokemon/*/normal.pal and graphics/pokemon/*/shiny.pal, which you can edit with any text editor.
    If the colors used in the sprite png differ from the ones in the pal file, the result can look different because the game is using the colors from the pal file. Thus you should make sure that both front and back sprites are using the same color palette that's in normal.pal.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    It would help if you described which sprites you were trying to change and what you've tried so far.

Assuming that you mean battle sprites, the colors are stored in graphics/pokemon/*/normal.pal and graphics/pokemon/*/shiny.pal, which you can edit with any text editor.
    If the colors used in the sprite png differ from the ones in the pal file, the result can look different because the game is using the colors from the pal file. Thus you should make sure that both front and back sprites are using the same color palette that's in normal.pal.
    I saw a post you posted a while ago, i used a program called "cyotek color palette editor" and I just gave it the normal.pal and changed up the colors and everything worked fine.

But when I went to another pokemon like rayquaza, I renamed normal.pal to shiny.pal and the shiny.pal to normal.pal, I basically wanted rayquaza shiny look to be his default instead of the green look. But doing that didn't change it ingame, rayquaza was still green...it was supposed to be black...any ideas on that?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    But when I went to another pokemon like rayquaza, I renamed normal.pal to shiny.pal and the shiny.pal to normal.pal, I basically wanted rayquaza shiny look to be his default instead of the green look. But doing that didn't change it ingame, rayquaza was still green...it was supposed to be black...any ideas on that?
    If you just swapped the filenames, their "last modified" dates possibly weren't changed which would cause make to not consider the files edited leading to them not being compiled.
    Try updating the files' "last modified" dates by using the touch command or by making some meaningless change to the files.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    If you just swapped the filenames, their "last modified" dates possibly weren't changed which would cause make to not consider the files edited leading to them not being compiled.
    Try updating the files' "last modified" dates by using the touch command or by making some meaningless change to the files.
    Huh, i didnt kno the last modified date would matter but i guess it makes sense, either way thank you. It worked

Back