• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

eh

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Finally stopped slacking on battling again, and went and made another team, but, y'know, like always it needs improvements and I can't think of **** so here ya go:

eh

Garchomp (F) @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Dragon Tail
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast

Started off with this thing to see why everyone and their mom is using it now, and to get the team's hazard setter out of the way early. I do kinda see why people use it, decent bulk, speed, and power, though it does kinda want a little more in each of those and I wonder if there is perhaps a slightly more optimal EV spread but idk. Fire Blast over Toxic to roast Scizor, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn with so they don't have too easy of a time.

eh
    eh

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Scald
    - Secret Sword
    - Hydro Pump
    - Hidden Power [Electric]

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
    Ability: Clear Body ---->Tough Claws
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Meteor Mash
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Hammer Arm
    - Ice Punch

Then threw in the Keldeo+Mega Metagross pair since it was like the only breaker duo I could think of where they can handle each other's checks/counters fairly well. There's a number of useful HP types for Keldeo but I went with Electric since otherwise I can't really break bulky waters at all. Not like it's annihilating them either but it's better than nothing I suppose....

eh

Clefable @ Leftovers
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
    Calm Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Wish
    - Heal Bell
    - Moonblast
    - Protect

But the problem with the previous 3 pokes is that they all kinda get worn down easy enough and status sucks so I shoved in Clefable to act as a cleric and try to keep them healthy while they do their jobs. I hate having to choose between Magic Guard and Unaware on this thing but went with MG so that the team wasn't in desperate need of a spinner/defogger.

eh

Klefki @ Leftovers
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Thunder Wave
    - Foul Play
    - Spikes
    - Magnet Rise

And then we have the JingleJangles. Magnet Rise JingleJangles, to be specific. On one hand I love Prankster T-Wave and the additional hazards (and some people on the ladder still don't seem to know that Magnet Rise Klefki is a thing), but on the other hand it feels like dead weight half the time and it doesn't offer any extra type coverage really and it makes me wanna replace it with something else.

eh

Weavile @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Icicle Crash
    - Knock Off
    - Low Kick
    - Ice Shard

The final slot (didn't struggle to think of a 'mon for the last slto this time lol) is inhabited by Weavile, which is meant to be a cleaner for the team. I admittedly did not have high expectations of it at first but needed something faster than base 110 and it gets Knock Off and Ice Shard/priority and couldn't think of anything else so I went with it. It's actually doing fairly well, aside from the fact that it's frail as **** and SR weak.

The sort of general idea with the team is that Keldeo+Mega Meta are supposed to weaken the opposing team/break defensive 'mons with support from Clef&Klef, and then bring in Weavile to mop up what's left. Not like it's a very solid or deep plan but it's more of a plan than my teams usually have.

......though it still dies to Mega Diancie like every ****ing team I make lol

any ideas?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • flash cannon on klefki also works for that since foul play is expendable.

since this team is basically a keld/meta team, i would do more to make slowbro manageable. hp elec is just not helping you much and slowbro can recover it off w/ regen, and it hard counters metagross. weavile has a slim margin for error and loses the long game to hazards/recoil damage.

what i would do is fix the clefable slot, which is providing very little for you. even a cm clefable would be an improvement i think. slowbro is very difficult to break, but meta/keld is otherwise pretty self-sufficient. to check it, i would recommend something that can hang around with it for awhile so you can win longer games and break down slowbro cores, though slowbro is pretty hard to build for i find :/

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Id put Pursuit on Weavile to allow you to remove Lati@s which make Keldeo's job easier. Probs over Low Kick.

Agree w/the Flash Cannon on Klefki for Diancie.

You could also put on Grass Knot/T-Punch on M-Meta if Slowbro is proving to be an issue to break. Ice Punch isnt really very good imo. Meteor Mash/Zen already wastes Chomp, Landorus (even post intimidate) and Gliscor so i mean lol and its not as if Dragons stop it either.

Anyway you do have bulky set up sweeper issues like M-Slowbro, Suicune etc that beat Clef via Scald or Clef just cant do much back to them. I mean this team hates Scald in general and has issues with things like Manaphy too. I think a grass type would do this team the world of good.

Also im not the biggest fan of no hazard control here, especially with things Skarmory and Ferrothorn etc can spikes stack on, id definitely look into that too.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Pursuit on Weavile and Flash Cannon on Klefki sounds good, I'll go with that.

But yeah, bulky waters are a very real problem and I need to do something about that, though I'm not convinced that Mega Meta "wastes" Garchomp/Lando-T, since those are often bulky sets (don't want to touch Rocky Helmet Chomp in particular) that aren't 2HKO'd by Meteor Mash/Zen Headbutt, or scarf sets that outspeed it. Grass Knot (Thunder Punch doesn't really beat Suicune or Mega Slowbro that well) is also a little close on beating them and if they CM it's kinda over. Then there's like Elf said, possible need for hazard removal, and idk how to really fit both that and the bulky water check onto the team....

Also, should I still bother with HP Electric on Keldeo or use a different HP type?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    so I've made a few changes:

eh

Garchomp (F) @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Dragon Tail
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast

eh

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Scald
    - Secret Sword
    - Hydro Pump
    - Icy Wind

eh

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
    Ability: Clear Body-->Tough Claws
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Meteor Mash
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Hammer Arm
    - Ice Punch

eh

Klefki @ Leftovers
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Thunder Wave
    - Flash Cannon
    - Magic Coat
    - Magnet Rise

eh

Roserade @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Rest
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Spikes

eh

Weavile @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Icicle Crash
    - Knock Off
    - Pursuit
    - Ice Shard

Stuff that's new/different is bolded. Basically I couldn't think of a way to include both a Grass type and hazard control without redoing the whole team so I dropped Clefable (like y'all suggested) for Roserade and made it my spiker while throwing Magic Coat on Klefki as makeshift hazard control. Also made a couple of the move changes you guys mentioned.

Thoughts?

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • It seems like a lot has to happen before you're not completely open to a Volcarona sweep (or Zard Y).

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 276-326 (85.4 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

... but this is your best bet after a Quiver Dance. You can eliminate that 6.3% chance by reinvesting 16 EV's from Speed into HP.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Passho Berry Volcarona: 187-222 (56.8 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. +1 72 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 252-296 (76.5 - 89.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As for Zard Y, at least you can Dragon Tail that one away, but then the game of preserving your Chomp becomes crucial. It might behoove you to get a Rock type on this team, I'm particularly fond of ScarfTar as a Sun counter.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    .....so I kinda just realized that 2/3 of the team has a Fire weakness, and my only answer to Mega Manectric is hoping that Garchomp's at full health so it can take a HP Ice

-.-

Years
  • I must admit I haven't been battling for a long time now but I think you should consider dropping Roserade
    maybe for a SpD Jellicent and drop Klefki then for hmm maybe scarf Excadrill so you can deal with bulky waters somehow
    and counter sun sweepers, but hey I might be outdated :p

Back