• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elder Scrolls Discussion

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    At least the DB still exists unlike the Morag Tong or the Mages Guild.
    I'm more a fan of the Thieves Guild, although not being able to keep the Skeleton Key sucks and investing perks into Lockpicking just to get Unbreakable isn't really worth it (considering that I have about 500 lockpicks in my inventory at the moment).

Yeah, I don't really think any of the Lockpicking perks are useful - lockpicking is one of those things you can really control and be good at without relying on upgrades.

I know some people don't finish the Thieves' Guild questline on purpose so they can keep the Skeleton Key, but like you said, lock picks are literally everywhere and it's hard to run out of 'em anyway.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to the Skeleton Key, I think the only game where you can keep it after getting it is Oblivion. In fact when one of the quests in Oblivion requires me to give up a Daedric artifact, I don't give up the Skeleton Key due to how useful it is. Instead I give up a different Daedric artifact. One particular one I give up is Wabbajack.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    When it comes to the Skeleton Key, I think the only game where you can keep it after getting it is Oblivion.
    You can keep it in Morrowind, too. It's just not particularly useful in that game. By the time you get it, your Lockpicking skill's probably already high enough to pick most of the neccessary locks and even if not, there's still the problem with the duration mechanics: the Skeleton Key breaks after 50 uses and you sadly can't repair lockpicks.
    Also, I think it only multiplys your Lockpicking skill by 5, if I recall correctly, so you still need your skill to be high enough to be always successful.

Grotesque

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2014
    You can keep the key on Skyrim if you don't feel like finishing the thieves guild questline, but there is a lockpicking perk which allows you to break any lock with one pick.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • We all know the best daedric artifacts are the wabbajack and mace of molag bal.

Skeleton key is pretty much useless once you know how to lockpick.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I always do the Dark Brotherhood questline in Skyrim. My brother likes the Theives Guild, and I take the DB. I'm even the nice guy too. It took me forever to get around to doing the thieves guild questline simply because I didn't want to rob people. So apparently it's okay to murder someone, but not take their valuables.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Azura's star has been bugged in every one of my playthroughs and it's very very upsetting.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I like using Merunes' Razor. It looks cool and does an awesome job. It was one of my main weapons in my last playthrough of Skyrim the whole time alongside Dawnbreaker.

Sir Codin

Ah, I see we have some who have disabled child immortality, eh?

As much as I dislike children, especially the cocky little bastards in this game, killing them isn't the answer. Murdering their parents in front of their eyes and then dooming them to an orphanage then adopting them yourself to make them live forever under the whim of the very person who murdered their parents is much more deliciously evil.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I like to kill the mother first if they have two parents, then wait for the guards to come so that the husband and kids can watch as the horde of soldiers do absolutely nothing to me and then I take the father down to near death, heal him, take down to near death, heal, repeat a couple more times, and then kill him. And then I back the kids into a corner and FUS RO DAH all of the guards. Now they're going to have nightmares for the rest of their life and I'll come by to kill them when I get bored.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to killing things in Skyrim, I find it quite awesome when a Kill Camera happens. Some of the ones I have gotten before are Clean Decapitation, Leaping Thrust, Leaping Stab, Shield Bash, Slow Motion Shot, and Eye Gouger. I recall I once got Slow Motion Shot on a Dwarven Centurion while I was crouched and sneaking. So I killed him in the groin area.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    All the kill animations are cool. Wish they happened all the time.

Also, gotta love the random encounters in Skyrim:

"Watch out for wolves as you go up the steps to High Hrothgar"

*frost troll and dragon appear at the same time*

lol

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • Morrowind is my favorite. The freedom of the game was amazing. I loved it all.

As for my favorite race, Orcs. Generally I prefer to be a big nasty double handed axe wielding monster, but occasionally I'll branch out to a mage or alchemist.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • All the kill animations are cool. Wish they happened all the time.

Also, gotta love the random encounters in Skyrim:

"Watch out for wolves as you go up the steps to High Hrothgar"

*frost troll and dragon appear at the same time*

lol

Yeah some of the random encounters in Skyrim are quite interesting. I recall the time I encountered the Headless Horseman. Course I recall I have encountered Thalmor Justicars, whom I procceded to kill since I don't like the Thalmor. Course after that "incident" the Thalmor have a kill order on my character.

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    I loved Skyrim but it feels as though once you have decent knowledge on how to efficiently mine gold and create the best equipment the game runs far to slowly and easily.
    I loved the first times of me playing this, when you encountered and fought your first dragon how much of a badash did you feel taking it down, and your face when it kind of just melted into squiddle after it died ha.
    After a while you just like to shout people off of cliffs just because you can.

Hopefully the next game Elder Scrolls online will have Smarter AI Characters!

Back