• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA :eleanoractually:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Hi there! Might as well join in and see what happens this time, right?
    Feel free to AMA and I'll try my best to answer!

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    what's your dream/ideal vacation destination

Well! I've been dreaming about going to Canada for a while now. And not just a small part of it either! I don't know if it will ever happen, but I would love to go all the way from one coast to the other (Say... Halifax to Vancouver) and see everything that this enormous country has to offer!
    I just like to think that a journey like this one will blow my European mind like nothing else can, and will be the best way to make the best of one single stay in a different, far away continent. Sure, following the same itinerary but in the USA is arguably just as fun of an experience, and is perhaps even more interesting, but there's something about Canada that draws me to it...
    I have some other destinations in my mind and I'm not even sure if I'll cover them all, but at this point I believe that Canada is the one journey that I would pick over all the others. As for more... realistic destinations, though, there are many places in Europe that I would still love to visit! Copenhagen, Hamburg are just some examples.

As for activities that I'd be happy to do while on vacation... I'm not really sure what else I could say besides some good old sightseeing. I probably wouldn't mind trying out whatever sports a certain area can offer, or even spend some time doing easy hiking, but that's not necessarily a strong point of mine...

loomie! 👋

what's the best thing that's happened to you this year so far?

Well, so far... nothing too crazy has happened, and there's no one thing that feels more important than others. Some of the highlights include... new and old friendships getting stronger, especially online and especially on PC, some interesting lab work in January, some very nice roleplay posts I wrote despite all my inconsistencies as far as activity goes, and... probably the most interesting thing? My first real contact with the wonderful world of anime! I've started this year with a Netflix account and I've surely used it more than I expected going into 2021, watching things such as Kill la kill Toradora and almost crying during some parts~
    That was quite the experience, and one of my most interesting moments of 2021 so far!
    But... the best is yet to come - I shall get my first bachelor this year, start my masters... in short, this year is one of those years you need to work hard in order to make them good. It's the kinda year that starts off boring and needs your help to make it better.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    :fufu:

what is your favourite character you've written in rp so far

yes you heard that right <3

As for favorite character, that's actually super hard! My favorite character often depends on my mood, on the situation they're in (which can make writing easier or harder), and more...
    for example, it can be quite hard to write characters such as Rayen, Courtney and Kimberly in normal circumstances, simply because their personality is quite different than mine, but when the situation is right for their chaotic force to come into play, then it gets very fun and very rewarding to pull them off! Think of all those snarky comments and gags ;)
    Characters like Avril are not really fun in the same way as those but it's interesting to explore their trains of thought and their inner struggles. Some of those I can definitely relate to and that surely gives them points!
    But you know what? In the end I gotta give it to my girl Arianne for being basically the sum of all those traits I mentioned! She's really a bit of everything, going from pure reckless, chaotic energy to reflective moments and sad arcs full of uncertainty. I believe I can have her act cute, air-headed, or (excuse the word hehe) badass and confident, and it works just fine in both ways! The interactions she already has with the other characters make all of these things even more interesting to explore, and her being one of the characters I've written the most time as only makes her even more dear to me!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    would u ever write a fanfic? like something thats not rp-based

I've been thinking about it - after all a fanfic is just another media I can use to tell a story, isn't it? Just like fangames (which I've tried working with for a while) or hosting a roleplay myself. All of these are options that entice me and that I feel can work with some of the ideas that I have for worlds, plots and characters - only when those ideas will be more developed, though, I can really decide which media fits them best!
    I'll also say that I have some ideas for a proper fanfic somewhere in my head. I already know it's gonna be a fanfic, and it can't be anything else in my head at this point... maybe someday I'll get to writing it properly. And while we're at it, does a simple World Building / Pokémon theory post count as "something that is not rp based"? Because if so, I have some ideas for those as well!
    I know I haven't given you any proof of this but since the question says would... well, my answer to that can only be yes!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    What would your dream job be!!!
    Right now I'm just going where university takes me, and where I think the most interesting courses are... I've never really tried looking into jobs or trying to understand what they actuually entail. All I know is that, as of now, jobs in the biotech industry look more interesting to me than plain research positions - I'd really like to work more in the fields of bioremediation (possibly by going around and visiting all the places that require intervention, then coming up with a plan to solve the problem), energy (how to create sustainable energy) or planning industrial processes (for example, how to use a certain bacteria to produce a large amount of something). I've often made jokes, at this point, about how I may as well settle for making beer or yoghurt - they're also biotech processes - so we'll see!

When and how you started to learn English?
    I've actually started studying English at school back in kindergarten, when I was about 4. I guess I was a good student back then, so I was still doing alright, but I never really cared too much about english, and I never became that good at it - I have proof of me writing in an absolutely terrible English even when I was 12. Only after that Internet started to have a bigger impact on my life, and by constantly listening to English videos, songs, and such, I got to this point. I'm really happy of where I've got, but at the same time I'm still improving, even as of now!

You have to dance to a single song for 24 hours straight to save the universe. What song are you saving us with?
    YOU FOUND MY WEAKNESS AAAAAAAAAAA ;-;
    This question is very hard to answer because I have to admit, I absolutely cannot dance for the life of me. Well, sometimes I can do some super simple, basic dance moves, but not only does it look like I'm not putting in any effort... I also don't have the stamina to keep going for a long time! Plus, a good amount of songs I like are not really songs you want to dance to! If anything you'll want to headbang to them or stand completely still to really take all of the music in and appreciate it.
    Still, some picks may include some Pendulum / Celldweller stuff, Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath if I feel like cheating, or Never Gonna Give You Up because looking at Rick dancing probably makes me feel better about myself.
    no but like... can't you just give me a guitar? I'm better off pulling something off with that...

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    What started your interest in music/learning the guitar? Is there a specific guitar you dream to own, and will you ever play a song for us? :fufu:

If you were to write a novel, what kind of story would you write?

Have you really met people from PC in person? :o

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    What started your interest in music/learning the guitar? Is there a specific guitar you dream to own, and will you ever play a song for us? :fufu:

If you were to write a novel, what kind of story would you write?

Have you really met people from PC in person? :o

1. My interest in playing guitar dates back to very young me (4 or 5 at most) seeing my granddad's old acoustic guitar and all his playing guides, resources and cassettes! He couldn't really teach me much anymore and, being that young, my hands just couldn't stretch enough to play some of the most common chords. Not knowing what else to do, my parents just sent me to a music school and that's where I learned everything from the very basics! Music theory, classical guitar techniques, some acoustic pieces. I wasn't the most consistent with my practice but over the course of many years, I kept improving... slowly.
    Only after a while I switched to electric guitar, and even in that field I have a lot to learn - but I'd be happy to play for you once I feel confident enough...

A guitar that I would dream to own... not to bash on my current guitar, which is still amazing and very versatile, but...
    something from ESP, possibly even from the Custom Shop, would be amazing! I'll only get that luxury for myself if I become somewhat of a professional, I think, because those guitars are very, very expensive, but at the same time, they would be really cool!
    Eclipse or Horizon are my favorite body shapes from their catalog, btw!
    Here's a reference image btw~
    Spoiler:

2. A whole novel, uh? It would probably end up as a coming of age story, as that could let me work even more heavily on character development. But at the same time, I wouldn't mind adding more supernatural, sci-fi or plain fantastical elements to the world to make it more interesting! I've always been interested in that kind of setting and how to get them to make sense in the context of the story - and that would be very interesting to deal with in a novel, I think!

3. No, never... and I think it will take a while before it happens, unfortunately! But I would still love to when the time is right! Actually... I'm sure it will happen someday- it just has to!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Ohh hahaha, I was under the impression that you'd met some of Brits, but I guess Batzu is always joking around huh? 😄

In that case, follow up question: at a hypothetical PC meetup that every member went to, would you go, or would it be too overwhelming? Which members would you make contact with first?

What are your favourite songs to play on guitar/which are you best at? (That's a nice guitar by the way!)

Is Toradora your favourite anime? ^^

What subjects at uni engage you the most?

but I'd be happy to play for you once I feel confident enough...

That'd be amazing! :D

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hi Loomie!

I see that you like Taiga from Toradora :D Who are some of your other favourite fictional characters? (can be from a video game, TV show, anime etc.)

Do you enjoy playing sports, if so which sports do you like?

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    In that case, follow up question: at a hypothetical PC meetup that every member went to, would you go, or would it be too overwhelming? Which members would you make contact with first?

What are your favourite songs to play on guitar/which are you best at? (That's a nice guitar by the way!)

Is Toradora your favourite anime? ^^

What subjects at uni engage you the most?

1. Oh, I probably would anyway! I'm not the life of the party or anything, but getting to meet so many of the friends I've made here would be enough reason to go and look for them, hehe! As for members I'd look for first, the list is long... but I believe that either you, Lina, Fox, Riki, or Anna are the ones I may go for right away :)
    2. Let's say I can play a good number of songs but I'm good at only a few, hehe! Here's a little list:
    - She Wolf by Megadeth started out as a "picking / timing" exercise at my music school but really grew on me. I was able to really improve by practicing with it and made a good impression on my teacher! It's quite fun as long as your right hand doesn't give in!
    - Fear of the dark / The evil that men do, both by Iron Maiden, were some of our strongest pieces back when I practiced with a band - the band being set up by the music school, but it's fine :)
    - Come out and play by The Offspring makes you left hand move all over the keyboard and that's also quite fun keeping up with~
    - Alive by Pearl Jam is one I'm still perfecting, and I'm not sure if I'll get there soon, but it's very interesting all the way through and has that long satisfying solo at the end...
    - Wanted dead or alive by Bon Jovi: amazing acoustic intro, really badass solo halfway!
    - Barracuda by Heart: not too difficult but with an infectious rhythm, it's probably one of the songs I just like to play for no other reason than that!
    3. I haven't watched that many anyway... And even then I have trouble picking a favorite! Maybe I still haven't been exposed to anything too bad. In any case, judging by only my sensations as I watched it, Toradora might as well be up there, taking the first spot! Steins;Gate, Princess Jellyfish and even Kill la kill would not be too far away though...
    4. So far, all I know is that anything involving plants seems to interest me! Whereas all those more "practical" courses that teach you about lab diagnostics or, you know, physics... they haven't quite caught my attention as easily. It probably depends on a lot more things - how the subject is taught, who the teacher is and how good they are, but that seems to be the gist of it!

Back