• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electric Fighting Deck (TGC Online)

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2012
    So, accidently (-on-purpose) I deleted all my decks on TGC Online (I don't know why). But I eventually made a deck, Electric Fighting. Can you say what you think, and suggestions (can't promise I'll have the cards though :P)?

Pokemon

3 x Mareep Heart-Soul (Static Electricity)
    1 x Mareep Unkown (Static Shock)
    3 x Flaaffy Heart-Soul (Thunder Spear)
    2 x Ampharos Heart-Soul (Acceleration Bolt)

1 x Joltik Unknown (Stun Needle)
    1 x Joltik Unknown (Leech Life)
    1 x Galvantula Unknown (Electroweb)

4 x Pikachu HS Undaunted (Slam)
    2 x Raichu HS Undaunted (Pain-full Punch)

1 x Gligar HS Undaunted (Stun Poison)

1 x Groundon HS Undaunted (Volcano Stomp)

1 x Hitmonlee HS Undaunted (Kick)

1 x Machop HS Triumphant (Steady Punch)
    1 x Machoke HS Triumphant (Knuckle Down)

Trainers

2 x Energy Retrieval
    2 x PokeBall
    1 x Pokemon Catcher
    2 x Pokemon Communication
    2 x Potion
    1 x Revive

Energy

10 x Basic Electric
    10 x Basic Fighting

I'd particuarly like help with the Trainer card side of things, but any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Years
  • More Pokemon Communication (3 more), 4 Pokemon Collector, the HGSS promo Pikachu (if you can get it in there), and either the HGSS Raichu or the HGSS Undaunted Raichu Prime to replace the regular HS Undaunted Raichu, since those two Raichu do considerably more damage than the one you've got in there now (4 in total between the two of them, however many of each you want). Also, add in 3 Tynamo and 3 Eelektrik, add in 4 Lightning Energy, and drop all the cards related to the fighting type entirely, replacing them with trainers like Professor Oak's New Theory, Cheren, or Professor Juniper, as well as some Junk Arm.

You don't have to do this all at once, just gradually over time. These are just suggestions based on what direction I would take the deck in.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2012
    So don't have any Fighting type at all, and up the electric energy to 14? I'll have to check what Trainer cards I have (I know I don't have those Pokmon yet).

Years
  • Yeah. Typically a deck, though it can lose some of its type coverage by doing so, is most efficiently run as a monotype. You can use Tornadus or Lanturn Prime to cover some of your Fighting type weaknesses (Tornadus has a resistance to fighting types, while Lanturn Prime has a PokeBody that allows it to become the Water type for a turn, water type being the weakness of a popular fighting type card - Donphan Prime).

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2012
    OK, well I've gone down to just lightning, and have added more Pokemon Communication and some of the other trainer cards. I also added a Lantern, but it's not the one you suggested (no PPower). But I think I'll be getting some more cards on Monday, so we'll see what I get then. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2012
    You will also want to run some more supporters to make sure you can redo a bad hand. I would at least add some PONT and Juniper.

Back