• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

elheroeoscuro reporting for duty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Do you make all your avatars (and sigs) yourself or do you find them somewhere or get someone to make them for you or.....?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    What's something you like about working at an elementary school? One thing you dislike?
    + Kindergarten. This is probably the age group that I'll end up teaching one day. They are just an absolute joy to be around and considering I'm very open when it comes to breaking out of comfort zone I can interact with the kids very well. Plus, you never know what you might experience with them day in and day out, as each and every day is a new adventure with them (which can ultimately be expressed with kids of all ages in reality.)

- The sass of some older kids. Because I also work with students up to 8th grade, there have been a few times in which they really push the envelope as to what they can get away with. Really pisses me off because I don't know all of the student's names yet so it's hard for me to call out a student when I can't even properly get their attention. On top of that, just being the new guy in the school ultimately puts a huge target on my back for some of the students, as well as the fact that I am still pretty inexperienced when it comes to finding the teaching philosophy that I eventually want to adapt and create for myself.
    What would be your wedding song?
    Didn't know which you meant - i.e. slow or dancing - so I chose two; lyrics fit perfectly in my opinion:
    Groovy Dancing Song:
    Spoiler:
    Slow Dancing Song:
    Spoiler:
    Kura said:
    What are you doing right now?
    I just got back from my girlfriend's house about an hour ago and played a little bit of Destiny - probably going to head off to bed now actually once I finish writing this post. Days such as today - i.e. getting up at 4AM, driving 1 1/2 to work which goes to 230PM, driving from there to girlfriend's house and hanging there till 10PM, ultimately getting home around 1030PM - just really tire me out and I try to at least do something in which I can dedicate towards myself.

Kura said:
    Boxers of briefs?
    Briefs - they're just more comfortable in my opinion. Although to be honest, I might be switching to boxers considering I find they are more appropriate to be seen then briefs, if that makes any sense (to clarify, meaning like when you bend down you accidentally show your undergarments.)
    WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE GAMEGRUMPS VIDEO OR SERIES.
    Top three favorite Game Grumps series would have to be:
    • Shadow of the Colossus
    • Punch Out! [Wii Version]
    • Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    There are a bunch of great one offs as well which I can link you if you want to know about them, as well as I can explain why I like these series at a future point if you care - I'm just too tired right now to write lengthy responses as to why I like them.
    Do you make all your avatars (and sigs) yourself or do you find them somewhere or get someone to make them for you or.....?
    I wish I was as artistically talented to make my avatars and signatures. So to answer your question(s), no, I do not graphically make my avatars and signatures - most of them are taken off of Tumblr or Deviant Art. However, when it comes to resizing pictures/GIFs to the appropriate sizes, crops, and dimensions wanted, as well as the all-around CSS that is incorporated in making the signatures, I do that completely on my own with no help from anyone else. That much I can at least take credit for.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    You're fired from VG, but given the choice to mod any other area on PC. Which is it and why?

You're fired from VG, but forced to take your least favorite area on PC. Which is it and why?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    You're fired from VG, but given the choice to mod any other area on PC. Which is it and why?

You're fired from VG, but forced to take your least favorite area on PC. Which is it and why?

Man I must have done something awful if I got fired twice haha. I read the second question wrong so prepare to get another notification after this one.

Either Culture & Media or Fan Clubs. I like to think that I'm pretty in the loop when it comes to music, movies, etc. plus that section has an incredible community that I think it would be pretty damn awesome to just spend nights jamming out with other fellow PC members. Also Fan Clubs because I have extensive experience there and I don't think the transition would be awfully hard. It's a shame that the section isn't as active as I think it should be, considering there is a lot of variety and fun discussions that can be made there.

For the latter question, it would have to be Anime & Manga for me. Don't get me wrong, I actually love anime - I have a lot of respect for animators in general as it takes a high skill levek to produce the content they make. However, I'm not the kind of person who watches it religiously nor do I watch episodes right when they come out, so I feel that it would be difficult to moderate without getting plots spoiled.

Side note: Blank Space just came on the radio. Fuck that song.

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    If you could only listen to Blank Space for eternity, how long would it take for you to deafen yourself?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If you could only listen to Blank Space for eternity, how long would it take for you to deafen yourself?
    and we want an exact answer.

If you would suddenly get teleported to the real life location of another PC member, which member would you most want that to be? For whatever reasons, but do tell!

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    HA.
    and we want an exact answer.

If you would suddenly get teleported to the real life location of another PC member, which member would you most want that to be? For whatever reasons, but do tell!

Sorry to dissapoint then.

Honestly? And I'm not just saying this because you asked the question, but it would be rad if I was able to meet up with you. You seem like a really chill, down to earth gal that would be a blast to groove with. Plus, I could correct you from the blasphemy of not knowing much about Super Smash.

So yeah: basically you and Dipu, if I can give a second answer. I've been talking with him on and off for a good part of last year and he probably knows how to rage.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    How, if at all, has your music taste changed over the past year compared to the first post?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    HA.

Sorry to dissapoint then.

Honestly? And I'm not just saying this because you asked the question, but it would be rad if I was able to meet up with you. You seem like a really chill, down to earth gal that would be a blast to groove with. Plus, I could correct you from the blasphemy of not knowing much about Super Smash.

So yeah: basically you and Dipu, if I can give a second answer. I've been talking with him on and off for a good part of last year and he probably knows how to rage.
    Haha, cool! And I'm 100% sure we'd have a good time if we met up. If you were teleported here though, it better be in the summertime so that I could show you the beautiful archipelago and other sweet places and things you could do in Sweden. I think you've had enough snow, I mean ;)

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    What's your favourite Super Smash Bros game and why?
    What are your favourite/main characters in each Smash game?

What's your favourite Zelda game?
    Which Link do you think is the most courageous?
    Did you know that Wolf Link growls while Z-targetting an enemy in Twilight Princess?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    How, if at all, has your music taste changed over the past year compared to the first post?
    I wouldn't say that much has changed when it comes to the type of music that I like to listen to (which is mainly alternative rock.) However, some of the bands listed on there - Childish Gambino, Walk The Moon, Passenger - had mediocre follow up albums to their debut albums in my opinion, which makes me yearn for the olden days when I could go to a concert and just listen to that particular album. Currently these are some artists that I've been really getting into:
    • Frank Ocean
    • Future Islands
    • Watsky
    • A Silent Film
    • Jack Johnson
    • Misterwives
    If you'd like any recommendations let me know and I can give you some tasty jams.

What's your favourite Super Smash Bros game and why?
    Super Smash Bros Melee. The main reason why I prefer that game over the others is just because I have the most memories with that one. I used to play all the time with my brother and my friends where they would come over my house and we'd have tournaments all night long. It was a grand ol' time to say the least
    GreenFlame said:
    What are your favourite/main characters in each Smash game?
    Super Smash [N64] - Kirby
    Super Smash Melee - Sheik, Ice Climbers
    Super Smash Brawl - Toon Link, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus
    Super Smash [3DS] - Toon Link, Little Mac
    GreenFlame said:
    What's your favourite Zelda game?
    Wind Waker! Back in middle school - yes I'm that old when the game came out - I would go over my friend Alan's house and play that game nonstop. Because I never had the money to actually buy that game, the only experience I had was either going over my friend's house or borrowing it from him. It wasn't until sophmore year of college when I was finally able to get a copy of the Gamecube game (for free from my friend, mind you, which made me so ecstatic.)
    GreenFlame said:
    Which Link do you think is the most courageous?
    The Spirit Tracks one because you have to be courageous to star in such a lame ass game lol.
    GreenFlame said:
    Did you know that Wolf Link growls while Z-targetting an enemy in Twilight Princess?

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    Being from Boston, how did the Boston Marathon Bombing a few years back affect you? Were you anywhere near there when it occurred? Have you personally seen any additional security measures or supplementary precautions in your city since the incident?

We joined in the same year (2009)! How has PC changed for you demographically?

Do you ever face stigma for wanting to become a male nurse?

pkmin3033

Did you ever get to play the often-overlooked Four Swords Adventures on the Gamecube? If so, what did you make of it?

Which Zelda game would you like to see get an updated remake on a current generation console, and why?

Is there anything that you would really like to do right now, but can't? If so, what's holding you back from doing it?

How many hours do you sleep a night, on average? Do you feel you get enough sleep?

Finally...you're in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. How long do you think you'd last before you met your grizzly demise?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Do you have any allergies??
    I don't have any allergies, thankfully! My dad is allergic to cats and pollen (?) so I'm happy those things didn't get passed down through genes. Although to be honest, I have no idea if allergies are passed down genetically.
    Kura said:
    What's your favourite sandwich out of this list? (or top 3 if you can't choose)
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamis...s-that-are-better-than-a-boyfriend#.hwrwPPaar
    :3

I want to eat them all though </3

Being from Boston, how did the Boston Marathon Bombing a few years back affect you? Were you anywhere near there when it occurred? Have you personally seen any additional security measures or supplementary precautions in your city since the incident?
    The Boston Marathon bombing actually didn't happen too far away from me on that day. You see, I go to school in Boston so already the odds were not in my favor being in the right place at the right time. On the day of the Boston bombing I was thinking of going to the marathon, but in the end I had decided to stay in my dorm and take a nap. When I woke up my phone was ablaze with messages about bombings and concerns as to if I was okay, which really had me startled so I flicked on my TV. The bombing itself actually happened only 1-2 blocks away from where I was napping, so there was a lot of pandemonium going on campus. I just felt very fortunate that my laziness and choice of taking a nap prevented me from possible injury or trauma, considering I had a friend who volunteered near the end who was pretty shaken up.

Fast forward maybe two or three days and I had a court summoning (i.e. jury duty) that I had to go to. The night before though the summoning though I got an email saying I didn't have to actually go to the courthouse the next day (to my excitement mind you, that kind of stuff is really boring.) Later that next day though I saw on the news how the courthouse was evacuated because of a bomb threat, which just made me extremely flabbergasted that I was so fortunate again to dodge another bullet. It was crazy to say the least.

But to answer the rest of your question, I...personally haven't seen as much added security, but I'm sure there has been (especially in airports.) There was - and I could make an argument that there still is - a huge sense of solidarity in Boston. Just watch this video of the national anthem being sung at a Boston Bruins game, which was the first sports game held after the Boston Marathon bombing. If this doesn't send chills....I don't know what does. It made me proud to be a Bostonian.

Belldandy said:
    We joined in the same year (2009)! How has PC changed for you demographically?
    Nice! It's always nice to see people from way back when still kicking around (:

Even though I joined in '09, I only stuck around till '11 before hanging up my trade center antics (which I'm quite proud of, considering looking at it now is still the #3 most post trade center on the site even after all these years.) I didn't come back until January of '14, so I can't say that I've seen PC evolve like some other people have. However, I can say though that one of the biggest changes I've seen was Trade Center where there are many new changes and features added to that section that wasn't around when I was there (Trade Reviews, the IGN being added to all your posts.) It's nice to see that section constantly improving.

Belldandy said:
    Do you ever face stigma for wanting to become a male nurse?
    Although I'm not a Nurse anymore, there were some challenges involved with it. I was called 'gay' or 'faggot' because of my gender going into a normally predominant female role, but I never let that get to me. Besides, the negative feelings never really outweighed the positive reinforcement I got. A lot of people applauded me for crossing set 'gender roles' (which I don't personally agree with, but should still be acknowledged.) People thought I was becoming a Nurse to 'get all the girls' but I did mainly because I have an overwhelming need to help others. Nothing more, nothing less.

Did you ever get to play the often-overlooked Four Swords Adventures on the Gamecube? If so, what did you make of it?
    Oh god, what memories. I'm actually looking at the copy of that game that I own now. You are right though that game was extremely overlooked compared to the rest of the series. I really enjoyed the game though - there was a lot of puzzle mechanics that never existed in other Zelda games, which made the game more memorable for me. It's nice to see the Zelda franchise trying to make a change in the series, similar to how Hyrule Warriors tried to mix up the generic formula Zelda games usually take.

Which Zelda game would you like to see get an updated remake on a current generation console, and why?
    Hm...initially I would have gone with Wind Waker or Majora's Mask, but thankfully Nintendo kicked themselves in their arses and got to making remakes of successful Zelda games. If I had to choose a game though for a remake, I'd narrow it down to two: Legend of Zelda: The Adventure of Link (more known as Zelda II) and Minish Cap. Nintendo really experimented with their IP after the huge success of the first Zelda game, and this game is often overlooked by many in the franchise. It has a RPG kind of feel to it where you level up Link in Attack, Magic, and Health via killing enemies, so it would be interesting to see if Nintendo could put a modern spin on it. And Minish Cap because that game is fantastic and it would be interesting to see if they put a 3D feel to it similar to how Link to the Past was modernized in Link Between Worlds

Meloetta said:
    Is there anything that you would really like to do right now, but can't? If so, what's holding you back from doing it?
    To move out of my parent's house and not have to deal with them anymore. Call it prolonged teen angst, but I can't stand living here anymore under their absurd rules. The reason why I haven't is mainly money and the fact that they are paying for college. I don't want to be having to pay my own bills just because I get pissed off really easily with them, so I hold my tongue most of the time.

Fun fact: just had a fight with my popz while writing this. Woo hoo!

Meloetta said:
    How many hours do you sleep a night, on average? Do you feel you get enough sleep?
    I normally get 3-5 hours of sleep a night. To some that might seem bad, but it's been...manageable for me. Do I wish I got more sleep? Of course I do. However, when I am juggling working, a girlfriend, college preparation, and a social life, you can probably understand why it would be a difficult thing to do.
    Meloetta said:
    Finally...you're in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. How long do you think you'd last before you met your grizzly demise?
    Excuse you, but I wouldn't die. I've watched way too many zombie shows/movies and played so many games that I think I would be just fine.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    The Boston Marathon bombing actually didn't happen too far away from me on that day. You see, I go to school in Boston so already the odds were not in my favor being in the right place at the right time. On the day of the Boston bombing I was thinking of going to the marathon, but in the end I had decided to stay in my dorm and take a nap. When I woke up my phone was ablaze with messages about bombings and concerns as to if I was okay, which really had me startled so I flicked on my TV. The bombing itself actually happened only 1-2 blocks away from where I was napping, so there was a lot of pandemonium going on campus. I just felt very fortunate that my laziness and choice of taking a nap prevented me from possible injury or trauma, considering I had a friend who volunteered near the end who was pretty shaken up.

Fast forward maybe two or three days and I had a court summoning (i.e. jury duty) that I had to go to. The night before though the summoning though I got an email saying I didn't have to actually go to the courthouse the next day (to my excitement mind you, that kind of stuff is really boring.) Later that next day though I saw on the news how the courthouse was evacuated because of a bomb threat, which just made me extremely flabbergasted that I was so fortunate again to dodge another bullet. It was crazy to say the least.

But to answer the rest of your question, I...personally haven't seen as much added security, but I'm sure there has been (especially in airports.) There was - and I could make an argument that there still is - a huge sense of solidarity in Boston. Just watch this video of the national anthem being sung at a Boston Bruins game, which was the first sports game held after the Boston Marathon bombing. If this doesn't send chills....I don't know what does. It made me proud to be a Bostonian.

-snip for lag-

Wow, you really were quite fortunate. That reminds me of a few scenarios I found myself in: the first one was back in 2013 after I left my ex' and my father came from 500km to pick me up. He was concerned that my ex' would return and kill me as he had threatened to many times. I didn't think he was that nutty, but I went with my dad anyway because he was panicking about it. The next day, I got a call from Montreal police asking where I was because they thought he had killed me: my ex' had climbed a four-story building and broken into the apartment while I wasn't there.

Another incident was that of the October 2014 incident at Parliament Hill where a man was shot down before the shooter rushed the government building. I had missed two busses to school that day and was running 20min late as a result. In that 20min, I received a text that the school was on "lockdown" because of the shootings - which I knew nothing about - and I stayed home. There was another shooting at the War Memorial - both there and Parliament Hill are less than a kilometre from campus. People at school were stuck indoors for five hours straight.

The same week, there was a shooting a block from my house, too, so that was a bit unnerving.

It's definitely very scary to be caught up in something like that or within its proximity. I'm glad you came out OK!

Nice! It's always nice to see people from way back when still kicking around (:

Even though I joined in '09, I only stuck around till '11 before hanging up my trade center antics (which I'm quite proud of, considering looking at it now is still the #3 most post trade center on the site even after all these years.) I didn't come back until January of '14, so I can't say that I've seen PC evolve like some other people have. However, I can say though that one of the biggest changes I've seen was Trade Center where there are many new changes and features added to that section that wasn't around when I was there (Trade Reviews, the IGN being added to all your posts.) It's nice to see that section constantly improving.

I had a few off and on times as well. When I started my thread in this section, for example, the 25 Posts wasn't mandatory to start a thread. I found that that in particular was quite curious.

I think D&D was different back then. Or maybe it was just because I was immature. It seemed to more emotional than logical, actually. I don't remember much of 2009!

Although I'm not a Nurse anymore, there were some challenges involved with it. I was called 'gay' or 'faggot' because of my gender going into a normally predominant female role, but I never let that get to me. Besides, the negative feelings never really outweighed the positive reinforcement I got. A lot of people applauded me for crossing set 'gender roles' (which I don't personally agree with, but should still be acknowledged.) People thought I was becoming a Nurse to 'get all the girls' but I did mainly because I have an overwhelming need to help others. Nothing more, nothing less.

That's awful :( it's sad that those kinds of stereotypes are still so prominent. What are you doing now (maybe I missed this somewhere)? And how did that affect your education? Are you using the same degree for something in the field but different, or were you forced to go back to school and do something else to change sectors?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    apologies if this has been asked before - you said you're a music fan, so do you play an instrument yourself or make it in any way? if you could what genre would you probably do?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back