• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
  • From watching HeroVoltsy's playthrough of the demo I can also present this error I got from using a super potion:

Spoiler:

Is this an easy fix?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2020
    Getting an error after every battle:
    Spoiler:

From what I can tell from my LUA troubleshooting skills (I don't speak the code of RMXP), it's stemming from the party arrows, but unfortunately, I would like this part of the game to stay. It's possibly trying to delete the party arrow after the trainer is defeated, which it can't because part of the code for it isn't working, but I'm not too sure. Help?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Getting an error after every battle:

Woops, that's a little embarrassing how that skipped my attention. Anyway, I've fixed up the UI script which will solve that issue for you.

I can also present this error I got from using a super potion:

I'll look at the B/W version of it in more depth tomorrow. Should hopefully have a solution by then.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2016
    How to increase the sprites?

My project lies with the sprites, very small ..
    I was wondering how I can increase them? Please help me.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • From watching HeroVoltsy's playthrough of the demo I can also present this error I got from using a super potion:
    I'm sorry that it took me longer than anticipated to get to fixing this. I've updated the UI script to resolve this issue.

Minor Update

I've updated the Battle and Scene script sections, just to tweak little things here and there, it is nothing too important. The bigger update are the new EntryAnimations. I've added a transition for minor legendary battles (read the comments at the beginning of the script to learn how to add minor legendaries to the list), and I've added another transition for wild encounters with Pokemon that are higher level than the one leading your party.

My project lies with the sprites, very small ..
    I was wondering how I can increase them? Please help me.
    Whatever you did to shrink them in the first place (since that is not their default state/setting), do the exact opposite.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    Guys im really nab at coding but I really like this Elite Battle System and im working on it with Gen 6 Project. I was testing a battle and catching a pokemon and I got this error (BTW Using Pokemon Essentials v15.1)
    https:// gyazo. com/8fd842701c5c61371dd13db1cde50cf4
    If anyone can help me i would appreciate..Anyways ty for your attention and sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2017
    I applied Gen 6 sprites to EBS and they ended up looking too big.

Can someone fix this for me?

EDIT: For the record, I am using v16.1

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I applied Gen 6 sprites to EBS and they ended up looking too big.

Can someone fix this for me?

EDIT: For the record, I am using v16.1
    There is nothing to "fix" there, since that is a quirk with the graphic files themselves (which I don't care about). The simple fact is that the EBS was not designed for the use of those pseudo-3D sprites. That said, there ways to scale the sprites through the system, and a quick read through the config part of the scripts would let you know exactly what that is.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2017
    There is nothing to "fix" there, since that is a quirk with the graphic files themselves (which I don't care about). The simple fact is that the EBS was not designed for the use of those pseudo-3D sprites. That said, there ways to scale the sprites through the system, and a quick read through the config part of the scripts would let you know exactly what that is.

So where do I find the config part? I'm relatively new to RPG Maker in general and would like a little more help here.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    EliteBattle_Battle line 26:
    POKEMONSPRITESCALE = (INCLUDEGEN6) ? BATTLERZOOM : 2

Change the 2 to 1.

Dylanrockin

That guy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Small Update!

Ok, to get the first thing out of the way. Those of you getting the following error:
    Code:
    #2 Scene:831:in `pokeballThrow'
    can only be getting this error if one of two things is happening. A) You're using v15 scripts in a v16 project B) You're soft-resetting your game. Now, you'll see a lot of people on social media or whatnot promote the idea of soft-resetting your game for shinies, or developers just soft-resetting when bugtesting games. I'd like to let you guys know that generally, soft-resetting in RMXP projects is a bad idea due to the way the RGSS interpreter works. Soft-resetting doesn't clear any cached code. Meaning that all existing global variables and aliased methods remain cached even after the game resets. This is bad! Especially in EBS.

TECHNICAL DETAILS: Since the complication of trying to keep the system compatible for both v15 and v16, certain workarounds had to be done. Some of the functions have a different amount of arguments/parameters they need to function. EBS aliases the old function, loads the new one with a variable number of arguments/parameters as its input, and then in a conditional statement checks the number of parameters for the aliased functions. Soft-resetting means that the new function (with variable parameters) is still cached, so when the game decides to alias the function again, the number of its input arguments/parameters will not be correct again, since the already aliased function will be aliased again.

Now that that is out of the way, the system now comes with a pre-activated soft resetting fix (you can find that among the script's config stuff). So there. If you don't have a fix for soft-resetting already in your game ... you have one now.

Another error that I've recently found out about (due to Rayquaza's release of Pkmn Chaos) is that checking for UI graphics gets messed up when compiling the game. Since the Graphics folder gets bundled with the .rgssad file, the actual folder paths do not exist anymore. This is a problem since with one of the more recent update, I moved the graphic files to be in their own folders, and to retain compatibility with people who had their graphical resources located in the previous location, the game was checking whether the directory existed or not, which turned out to be a big no-no for compressed games. This has been remedied.

The only other things I've changed in the scripts are the actual comments to the code. I've included more details in places that needed them, and that's pretty much it. The only noteworthy (functionality-wise) changes have been made to Battle and BitmapWrapper sections of the scripts. Get those when you feel like it. Or get the whole batch if you feel like having more comments in your scripts.

Edit: I found a solution to the above problem. If you are using V15.1, like I am, and you are getting this same error; all you have to do is make these changes to these select areas of your scripts. NOTE: This is using a moderately outdated version of the Gen 6 Project with V15.1.

In Pokebattle_Scene, change lines 3238 and down, key search word is just: pbThrowAndDeflect and you'll find it. Copy this whole set of code from V16.1, and overwrite everything below it

Spoiler:

Next, go to Pokebattle_Battle, and change everything at line 175, or for those of you who want a keyword to search: pbThrowPokeball.

Change this:

Spoiler:

To this:

Spoiler:

Lastly, go to ItemEffects, and change this:

Spoiler:

To this:

Spoiler:

Yes, I know the alignment is off in those specific areas, all you have to do is load up a V16.1 game and you can easily copy paste those same lines of code into those areas, and then throwing a Pokeball will be easy as pie ;) That said, do keep a backup, just in case it doesn't work for you. And remember, this is only assuming that you haven't already made some abstract changes to those lines of code.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Edit: I found a solution to the above problem. If you are using V15.1, like I am, and you are getting this same error; all you have to do is make these changes to these select areas of your scripts. NOTE: This is using a moderately outdated version of the Gen 6 Project with V15.1.

I don't really know why you're fiddling around with all those defs, but the error is pretty straight forward. The def pokeballThrow has 7 arguments in v15.x and has 8 arguments in v16.x, which causes a problem as the variable "critical" has been inserted in the 3rd argument spot. This spot used to be for the targetBattler variable, which contains the index of the Pokemon you're throwing your Pokeball at. This index is then used to get the correct sprite to manipulate for the visual effect of capturing a Pokemon. So if there is no index there, and it is getting an argument for the critical variable, the Pokemon sprite will be non-existant (aka nil), and hence it'll have no value for 'x', which is what the error is saying. There is no need to mess around with all that other stuff, since it is just this one def that is causing issues.

Contrary to what people may think, I'm actually testing all of EBS with Essentials v15.1, so I'm a bit stumped that people get that error cropping up, when I haven't been getting it. I've fiddled around with the Scene script, I don't know if that'll solve any issues, but it shouldn't cause any new ones. You might want to get the amended version of that and see if it does anything for you. Like I've said before, the issue crops up when the aliasing of the old def messes up and causes an error in counting the arguments.

Years
    • RD
    • Seen May 9, 2016
    PLEASE HELP ME

I FOLLOWED EVERY STEP
    AND DOWNLOADED GEN 6 SPRITES FROM THE LINK YOU LEFT (But not the gifs downloads, just the bitmapwrapper compatible one) AND WHEN I BATTLE, THE POKEMONS ARE OVERSIZED!!!! THEY TAKE ALMOST THE WHOLE SCREEN!!!! PLZ HOW DO I FIX IT D:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Minor Update!

So here is the next-in-line VS sequence that's in EBS. I've updated the EntryAnimations script, and the Resource Pack to add the necessary files for the VS sequence. This one is a little configurable. If you go to def vsSequenceNew, you will see 3 boolean variables, which have been annotated to explain what function they serve. Basically, you can change the behaviour of the lightbeam colour, or the additional Trainer mugshot.

Just be aware that if you have the necessary graphics for a Trainer type to perform both the Special VS animation, and this new one, the Special VS animation will take priority. So if you want to make the same trainer use the two different VS animations, you'll need to set up separate Trainer types for those.

Years
    • RD
    • Seen May 9, 2016
    Um hey, i fixed somehow the zooming problem

but now the thing is...
    when i try to get in the animation editor i keep getting error in the line 369 of EliteBattle_Animations
    No method error ocurred
    and seems like a undefined method on the battleIndex

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Um hey, i fixed somehow the zooming problem
    There is nothing to "fix" here since there is no "problem". If you're using sprites that the system wasn't designed for, I don't really care. And this fix of yours only required a little reading through A) the instructions in the OP B) the settings of the script C) a few posts above your own
    when i try to get in the animation editor i keep getting error
    Use the standalone Editor.exe to edit your animations.

Years
    • RD
    • Seen May 9, 2016
    There is nothing to "fix" here since there is no "problem". If you're using sprites that the system wasn't designed for, I don't really care. And this fix of yours only required a little reading through A) the instructions in the OP B) the settings of the script C) a few posts above your own

Use the standalone Editor.exe to edit your animations.

Well thank you!
    :D
    but when i mean i fixed the zooming is real
    i fixed it FOR the Gen 6 Sprites
    So basically theres something to fix
    and its just changing 1 number to 1.5 or 1 or whatever

(Im just a beginner on script dont judge ;-;)

O btw i made a mega evolution and moonblast animation...
    it shows nice in the editor
    but looks not like in the editor when battle

how do i fix it
    (plz answer and dont say "theres nothing to fix" ;-; at least tell me how to make it look right)

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2016
    I have been wanting to show a preview of several Pokemon ingame and I have been trying to configure the script from -FL- below
    Code:
      def showSpeciesIntro(specie,complement="")
        name=PBSpecies.getName(specie)
        kind=pbGetMessage(MessageTypes::Kinds,specie)
        # Comment the below line so it won't show the species on pokédex as seen.
        $Trainer.seen[specie]=true 
        battlername=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s",specie,complement)
        bitmap=pbResolveBitmap(battlername)
        pbPlayCry(specie)
        if bitmap # to prevent crashes
          iconwindow=PictureWindow.new(bitmap)
          iconwindow.x=(Graphics.width/2)-(iconwindow.width/2)
          iconwindow.y=((Graphics.height-96)/2)-(iconwindow.height/2)
          Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1}. {2} Pokémon.",name,kind))
          iconwindow.dispose
        end
      end
    Now the problem with this is that it shows the whole png, instead of just 1 animation frame.
    I have been fiddling with this for a couple of hours now and thought it might be smarter to just post the question here.
    How can I change the script so that it shows the first image of an animated png, or the full animation?
    I would prefer to be able to use both, but either would be fine.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Hello!

I was wondering if there's a way to disable the zooming/moving camera feature? Like how it moves in battle and when you send your Pokemon into battle.
    I really enjoy the UI but I dislike the zooming feature (it's a personal thing, it looks great but I prefer the still camera) :)

Back