• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer 781

I just tried it, it didn't work. Is it because that Venusaur is trying to Mega Evolve into an expanded slot Pokemon? Do you want me to send a patch/ROM of my thing?
    Do send. Preferably with the PGE ini and a sav or savestate too.

Does editing movesets only work with PGE or is there any other tool that can handle it? Im asking cause editing movesets with PGE is very tiring since searching them is not really easy. (ie you cannot type the move name) Unless of course you have inserted movesets for all existing pokemons and I just havent found them yet.

Well, only PGE has that feature as far as I know.

Trainer 781

I sent the files through private messaging.

Well, it seems that you forgot to change line 748 in the battle_structs.h to the new no. of evolutions per mon.

I'll put all configurable things in a single config.h file rather than keeping them scattered in files, later.

Last edited:

Trainer 781

So why tout that as part of the features then?

This is mainly is a battle engine upgrade, not related to updating pokemon and overworld stuff. But still non battle related features like nature stat hack, faster turbo button have been implemented. The fairy type has been inserted. You just simply have to make Gardevior a fairy type in a Pokemon editor. Making gardevior a fairy type in a editor is not directly a battle engine thing.
    But now you will not need to do that too. Because we're adding option pokedex expansion and hidden abilities. If you opt for it, you'll get a fairy gardevior directly.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • So why tout that as part of the features then?

As KDS explains, it is actually a feature. The Fairy type does exist. It is currently up to you to use it.

You are in luck, as we are in the process of developing Hidden Abilities and Pokedex expansion, which will require the repointing of the Pokemon base stat tables.

On that note, I would recommend for all of you that are currently working on hacks that use this engine, if you have edited Pokemon at all, to use PGE to export their Pokemon data now. As it is likely that if you opt to use Hidden Abilities and Expansion that your current data will not be accessible. From there it's a simple matter of putting that generated Pokemon data into the relevant folder.

More specific instructions will be given as development is completed.

Years
  • Could you please post a list of incomplete move animations/descriptions/effects etc so others can help work on them? Or are all the move animations/effects based off the ones in the resource threads?

Last edited:

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • I don't know about Pokémon expansion. It still needs work. I should know, I've been doing it for over two years. Also, two quick questions:

1. How much RAM (02000000) does this take up? And where does the free space begin? I wanted to include TM/HM expansion and Item pocket expansion, and I wanted to see if there's space for it.

2. Any ETA as to when Primal Reversion will be finished? I'm just asking because the Mega Evolution system works very well, so I was just wondering if it was close behind to being in the next update.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2017
    Well that makes sense and is easy enough to do in PGE - much less daunting than trying to do everything through the hex editor. Just a thought but you might want to update the fairy section of the features to reflect that people still need to use PGE in order to make fairy work properly, as it is it's kind of confusing and seems implied that it works without any additional steps.

Appreciate all the work you guys are putting in to this, it looks awesome and works great so far.

Years
  • I don't know about Pokémon expansion. It still needs work. I should know, I've been doing it for over two years. Also, two quick questions:

1. How much RAM (02000000) does this take up? And where does the free space begin? I wanted to include TM/HM expansion and Item pocket expansion, and I wanted to see if there's space for it.

It takes 4 bytes.

MrDollSteak

Years

Just as a question, what about it still needs work?

Could you please post a list of incomplete move animations/descriptions/effects etc so others can help work on them? Or are all the move animations/effects based off the ones in the resource threads?

It's still being compiled unfortunately.
    Move animations, most of gen 4 is complete and a select few from Gen 5 and above. I would recommend doing moves for Gen 5 and 6 if you want to help.
    Move descriptions and ability descriptions are 100% complete.
    I believe move and ability effects are mostly complete but need to be done in C, so unless people now how to do that it'd be best not to contribute.

Last edited:

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • Just as a question, what about it still needs work?
    I'm going off the tutorial that was posted (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324892):

1. Step 2 - Calculating the Free RAM offset

The equation posted does not work. I followed it, and it is wrong. The Pokedex creates broken slots passed the number you want.

2. Step 9 - Massive byte changes

This step changes many things, including Castform's weather forms and music, even with the fixes posted, they are still broken.

3. There's a limit of only 744

Knowing some people, actually, most people, are going to want everyone (Gen 1-7 plus forms/fomes). There has to be a way to extend this...

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    LCCoolJ95, glad to see ya here was just looking at the theta emerald rom (in a hex editor) for offesets.

Years
  • Could anyone please tell me what happened to the following type error?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2016-09-02.png
      2016-09-02.png
      20.4 KB · Views: 210

MrDollSteak

Years
  • I'm going off the tutorial that was posted (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324892):

The equation posted does not work. I followed it, and it is wrong. The Pokedex creates broken slots passed the number you want.

This step changes many things, including Castform's weather forms and music, even with the fixes posted, they are still broken.

Knowing some people, actually, most people, are going to want everyone (Gen 1-7 plus forms/fomes). There has to be a way to extend this...

Hrm interesting, I thought all of these had been fixed. Well we'll look into it regardless.

Trainer 781

2. Any ETA as to when Primal Reversion will be finished? I'm just asking because the Mega Evolution system works very well, so I was just wondering if it was close behind to being in the next update.

Well, I'm currently finishing End Turn Events. After that I might start doing this along with porting hidden abilities code to C. Technically, Primal Reversion is much easier than mega Evolution.

I'm going off the tutorial that was posted (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324892):

Can you provide a save and patch that replicates these problems? It might help us to look into the problem much sooner.

Could anyone please tell me what happened to the following type error?

Well, I'm not getting this error. Try to re-download and make sure that you have the latest version of python and devKitARM installed on you PC and both of them are added to the Environment Path variable.

Also, MrDS fixed the Gyro Ball animation, a week or 2 before. So if anyone can re-confirm that Gyro Ball animates perfectly then we can close the issue on GitHub.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • Can you provide a save and patch that replicates these problems? It might help us to look into the problem much sooner.
    Check out Theta Emerald. People have said that there were problems involving music and Castform's forms. That, or check out the Emerald 721 link I posted on my thread.

Years
  • I wanted to hack Fire Red, but after seeing this it is better, to hack Emerald (because of so much features and Pokemon up to level 255), right?
    Or am I wrong?
    I want a rombase with as much possibilities and features as possible.

One more thing: I do not really understand, how to patch this.
    The last thing: I want to learn, how to use C and implement new things. Could you make a tutorial or PM me?
    That´s only, if you want. It´s your decision DizzyEgg.

Last edited:

Trainer 781

I wanted to hack Fire Red, but after seeing this it is better, to hack Emerald (because of so much features and Pokemon up to level 255), right?
    Or am I wrong?
    I want a rombase with as much possibilities and features as possible.

One more thing: I do not really understand, how to patch this.

This is not a patch, it is a buildable code. The instructions are already written in the first post to install this. Same procedure applies for installing the 255 lvl hack.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back