• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Feedback Request: Emblems!

How much do you care about emblems?

• Total voters

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • I'll be honest. The emblems are really cute, and I wouldn't mind if they're replaced. I don't get many, so I don't care a whole lot about them.

Chiere

Banned
    Years
  • That would be great, haha. There are so tons of emblems out there, and many are unused; if those were cleaned up, I'm sure it would go a long way. The list would be slimmed down, and mods would be having easier time finding whatever they're looking for. =) My idea was to do it every two - three months, but now that I think about it, it sounds a little too frequent; once or twice a year should be perfectly fine.

I like the every-six-months idea myself, along with getting rid of some of the emblems. That way maybe it would be less of a hardship on the staff. And in the end, maybe more people would recieve emblems for various achievements.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • They're little award thingamajigs. You can only see them on your profile page though. To see the ones you have, go to your page and then click the emblems tab near the top of the page.

Pictures help:
    Spoiler:

Thanks! I have never seen them before...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind if we introduced something new for members to collect and be awarded with. However, I wouldn't like emblems being replaced / retired. The emblem page serves as a scrapbook of events that have happened in the past 6 years. I dig nostalgia.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Each emblem I have is from an event I participated in PC, and they contain memories of what I did in those events and the fun I had in them. Emblems for me are like the badges for trainers.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    The idea of the emblem is great! It's a shame it didn't work :( Hope the replacement would be successful, good luck! :D

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Honestly, I don't work to receive Emblems. After all, I'm only awarded an Emblem if I do something, such as attending a Skype event or something. I believe Emblems are a way to reflect your personality as well as an award for attending an event.

I don't really mind what happens to Emblems, but if something even better was to replace them, perhaps then they could live up to their purpose.

There is something I do know though, not everyone receives an Emblem for attending an event such as a Skype event, even if they state their PC usernames on Skype. It just varies as to whenever anyone remembers or has forgotten about it.

I just think of Emblems as achievements of something. After all, that's what they're for, right? ^^

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    I LOVE Emblems! Like seriously, I'm an Emblems junkie!

Soon, my pair and I will get the Commitment one for having been paired for a year >u< I've been looking forward to that one for ages! @w@

There's still SO MANY left for me to collect >~> so, of course I'd be really sad if you removed them T-T

Ash Ketchum 11

No one really sees it a whole lot because a lot of us have lives to attend to and we are usually on here and busy... So... But then again, if you guys got the program code written out already, why get rid of it? That's a waste of time, right? But keeping them shows favoritism when some people don't get one...

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • No one really sees it a whole lot because a lot of us have lives to attend to and we are usually on here and busy... So... But then again, if you guys got the program code written out already, why get rid of it? That's a waste of time, right? But keeping them shows favoritism when some people don't get one...

How does it show favoritism? They're not just awarded out willy nilly; you work towards them, as they require effort to get them. Depends on each situation really.

Ash Ketchum 11

Some mods... Well favor more than others and such. The end. I'm out.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Some mods... Well favor more than others and such. The end. I'm out.
    It's honestly usually less favouritism and more that a mod is more likely to notice their friends/people they talk to/people who are active in their sections. If a mod is deliberately withholding emblems a person qualifies for due to personal distate, that is favouritism. But it's usually just that mods don't and can't pay attention to/notice everyone.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It's honestly usually less favouritism and more that a mod is more likely to notice their friends/people they talk to/people who are active in their sections. If a mod is deliberately withholding emblems a person qualifies for due to personal distate, that is favouritism. But it's usually just that mods don't and can't pay attention to/notice everyone.

I think you're insisting on a very specific definition of favoritism that is irrelevant - the result is the same. The result is mods don't go out of their way to notice the unnoticed and therefore they get less emblems. Whether it's deliberate or unintentional doesn't really matter when you get to the heart of what he's upset about. If someone is upset because they feel like they don't get noticed when they should because they don't befriend staff members, telling them that what they're talking about doesn't match your definition of favoritism doesn't help them reach a result that makes them happy, you know?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I think you're insisting on a very specific definition of favoritism that is irrelevant - the result is the same. The result is mods don't go out of their way to notice the unnoticed and therefore they get less emblems. Whether it's deliberate or unintentional doesn't really matter when you get to the heart of what he's upset about. If someone is upset because they feel like they don't get noticed when they should because they don't befriend staff members, telling them that what they're talking about doesn't match your definition of favoritism doesn't help them reach a result that makes them happy, you know?
    I do agree that how you define favoritism is kinda irrelevant to the issue, but to be fair, there's an awful lot of people on this site. And a lot of those are people who join and only make a thread or post every once in a blue moon or people who hardly make themselves known. It's not our job as staff to run around and becomes biffles with every single member of PC. If it really bothers him that much, he could take the initiative and make friends with staff members himself or bring the issue up with the higher staff. And iirc, the majority of emblems are either for participation in events or for random crap. But this isn't exactly the place to discuss this either.

And I'd like to think this'll be less of a problem if we implement a new or revised emblem system.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • The thing is just that it's not quite favouritism. That's all I'm saying here; it's not deliberate. Favouritism is a deliberate action and that's just probably not what's going on. If it is, that's a whole 'nother issue that needs to be discussed with the staff member that the person seems to take issue with or with higher staff.

This is why I feel it needs to be more widely realized that people are able to suggest emblems for other users. Because staff can't be attentive to every single member of this website, so let's be having others fill in the gaps here, yeah? If people see someone they think deserves and emblem, talk to a staff member about it. It's not hard and that gets more people the kind of recognition they deserve. Let's drop the idea that talking about emblems and coveting emblems is a bad thing, yeah? This is all part of why there's a lack of real interest in them imo. Because it's seen as a bad thing to want them and because people don't know they can suggest them and that.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • I know I don't have many or much, but if there was a way to have them on the profile visibly, not a tab. Then I'd like to see that, its ashame these 'gifts' are underloved.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I do agree that how you define favoritism is kinda irrelevant to the issue, but to be fair, there's an awful lot of people on this site. And a lot of those are people who join and only make a thread or post every once in a blue moon or people who hardly make themselves known. It's not our job as staff to run around and becomes biffles with every single member of PC. If it really bothers him that much, he could take the initiative and make friends with staff members himself or bring the issue up with the higher staff. And iirc, the majority of emblems are either for participation in events or for random crap. But this isn't exactly the place to discuss this either.

And I'd like to think this'll be less of a problem if we implement a new or revised emblem system.

It just doesn't seem right that the emblem for using a lot of smilies is awarded for using a lot of smilies and being friends with a mod that likes giving out emblems. It should just be for using a lot of smilies. I mean I guess you could say that emblems are meant to be badges for people who chat up staff members and not for those that meet the requirements but keep more to themselves, but I think most people wouldn't want that to be the case. I certainly don't want to see emblems as merely perks for friends of staff, with the argument that you can just suck up to a staff member to get them yourself if you don't like the way things are, you know?

As far as bringing the issue up...he is. In this thread. Responding with "why didn't they bring it up?" as they bring it up doesn't resolve the situation at all.

@Anna: I was under the impression from posts like this and this that emblems are not meant to be requested for other people. Those are rather old posts and it may have changed, but in my quick search of the thread to try to find those posts (nick's was so vehement that I remembered it quite well) I didn't see anything re-opening requests for other people. I like the idea, except for that when it was very popular it ended up being the same as requesting for yourself - friends would agree to request for each other and such. It seemed like we couldn't keep one of those rules and can the other; they either both have to stay or both go to make any logical sense.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't really get the whole mod favoritism thing. I don't really go out of my way to gain attention of mods but I still get emblems when I deserve them. I've only had an actual conversation with 3 members, 2 of which are mods but I have never gotten an emblem via them. I'm sure if people really wanted their emblems though they wouldn't just sit and wait for months and then wonder why nobody has given them anything. There's a lot of members, it's hard I'm sure for mods to notice everyone and give every single person everything they deserve without being reminded.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    It just doesn't seem right that the emblem for using a lot of smilies is awarded for using a lot of smilies and being friends with a mod that likes giving out emblems. It should just be for using a lot of smilies. I mean I guess you could say that emblems are meant to be badges for people who chat up staff members and not for those that meet the requirements but keep more to themselves, but I think most people wouldn't want that to be the case. I certainly don't want to see emblems as merely perks for friends of staff, with the argument that you can just suck up to a staff member to get them yourself if you don't like the way things are, you know?

As far as bringing the issue up...he is. In this thread. Responding with "why didn't they bring it up?" as they bring it up doesn't resolve the situation at all.
    I thought emblems were supposed to be handed out to people regardless of their relationship to staff members....? That's how it should be anyway.

But like I said, there's just too many people on this site for the staff to keep track of who should be getting what emblem (especially when we have 50 million emblems and the current system for distributing them is crap as far as I know). The people who are friendly with the staff are more likely to receive emblems because the staff remembers them and what they've been doing better than someone who's not so friendly with the staff. I'm not saying that's right, though.

One of the ideas being considered for the emblem system, iirc, is to have some emblems auto-award themselves to people. For example, if there was a "Made 100 posts in Pokemon General" or a "Has been a member for 3 years" emblem, the system would automatically give them said emblem if they meet the requirements. So that might partially solve the problem, assuming this is actually implemented.

When I said that he should bring up the problem, I meant he should bring the problem directly to an smod or an admin. It'd bring it to their attention better than making a post in a cluttered thread like this, and so it'd be more likely that something would be done about it.

Back