• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald calls vs. HGSS calls

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Okay, I was just playing HG for a bit to evolve my Eevee into an Umbreon. Now that I've done that, I went back over to Emerald. And oh my God, will you people leave me alone?! You have calls left and right! I thought it was bad in HGSS with the Pokegear constantly ringing, but at least you have the option to not answer. In Emerald, you're pretty damn polite to listen to "Hey, I just lost a battle. See ya later." Even Joey in HGSS has something better to say than that!

Just a random complaint though. Anyone else notice this? You can't ignore calls in the original GSC either. Just noting that too.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    Yes, I too have noticed this. However, I chose to look at the name first. XD and if it was important, I'd read it. But, when its no one important, like "Aroma Lady Cindy" I just used the handy-dandy "A" button, until they shut the BLEEEEEP up.
    I love the "A" button in times of dire need. <3

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    lol it would kinda be mean if you could hang up...
    but what if there was a telemarketer in emerald
    this is how telephone convo's would go
    Random trainer: HEY! guess what i just caught a----
    You: *hang up*

random trainer calls you back: hey did you hang up on me?
    You: i don't know..... did it sound like this? *hang up*

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Having to sit through the calls in Emerald was bad enough. But IIRC, in Emerald, once you beat a trainer, they were AUTOMATICALLY registered. No chance to choose not to register the trainer aside from not battling them at all.

The system in R/S/E was flawed beyond belief. Give me the Pokegear any day.

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I like the option of being able to pick up the phone and not having to pick up the phone in HGSS, but I usually did in case it was someone important.

In Emerald...eh, that was ok. I think it would have been nice if the people in Emerald called to give you stuff, or say something more about how they just lost a match.

Back