• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Emerald sprites

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2017
    Edit: Nevermind, already replaced the other sprites.

I also need to know the locations of the player head icons that are displayed on the Town/Fly map and how I could edit them or add custom ones. I found their location in Ruby, but I have no idea where they are in Emerald and I couldn't locate any tutorials. Any help appreciated :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2016
    I also need to know the locations of the player head icons that are displayed on the Town/Fly map and how I could edit them or add custom ones. I found their location in Ruby, but I have no idea where they are in Emerald and I couldn't locate any tutorials. Any help appreciated :)

(I'm assuming the icons are the same in Emerald) In a good hex editor, open up the section of Ruby that you know has that icon. Copy a bunch of bytes and search for them in the Emerald rom. If you get multiple matches, copy more bytes from Ruby and search for that. If you get no matches, copy less bytes from ruby and search for that. Eventually (once you get the right amount of data) you should get one result, and that should be it :happy:

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2017
    Ok, I think I found Emerald's. Can I actually edit these or do I need to create custom ones? I have Tile Molester Alternate, NSE 2.0 and Nameless Tilemap Editor but I'm pretty much noob with all of them. Also here's what the picture looked like in unLZ-GBA: http ://i.imgur. com/J5jFT17.png The palette was odd, but I guess that's not unusual with compressed graphics.

Last edited:
    Back