• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emo Bands

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    WHAAAT? No way, emo is style/sound as well as lyrics... and Matchbox 20, though one of my favourite bands ever, is definitely not emo... it's rock, with some pop-rock elements, alt rock at best~

Inuyasha

Too Tired to Care.
    Years
    Jedi_Amara said:
    WHAAAT? No way, emo is style/sound as well as lyrics... and Matchbox 20, though one of my favourite bands ever, is definitely not emo... it's rock, with some pop-rock elements, alt rock at best~

-powke- hey... I can call 'em whatever I wanna. An If I say's I think of 'im as Emo then I says it! I know what emo is kid. Benn alive a bit longer then you... >.> An there's not really a set band genre. a single song can be emo... or an entire group. it's just... emo. EMO IS THAT GREAT! xD it's like...
    Emo=pwn4g3
    but... not. Anywho... it is opinion, nontheless...

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Eh... not really. Emo is basically defined as a certain melodic post-punk genre with some clich?s added. Whatever you call Matchbox Twenty, they're not post-punk :)

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Glad some discussion is going on over here. I knew that more of the hardcore bands wouldn't be discussed here, mostly ones pop-punk related, so here's something for you all to listen to... Halifax

Thank me later, as I know 90% of you will fall in love with them. It's good pop-punk emo, if any of you are willing to take a baby step closer to more hardcore emo, I suggest checking out Saosin.(myspace.com/saosin, purevolume.com/saosin, you might want to get this general pattern down for future bands :P)

DarknessMonkey

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    I listen to Emo & no I didn't look at your guide to know that.

My Favorite Emo Bands..

Fall Out Boy - Take This To Your Grave is better than From Under The Cork Tree..in a sense.

My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge..ROCKED. Altough, their first album was so/so.

Bands that are listed that aren't Emo or Punk that I like..

Blink 182
    Sum 41

Favorite Punk Bands..

Rancid
    The Clash
    The Ramones
    The Transplants
    Alkaline Trio

Just a few.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Jedi_Amara said:
    Myspace and PV pwn :P

BRITT-CHAN'S BACK!

Britt, let's worship Silverstein... *clicks over to the sites you posted*
    That's the attitude! I was actually listening to Smashed into pieces about 5 minutes before this post :D
    Generic said:
    Let's all listen to Armor for Sleep, they're teh secks
    Good thinkin', I'll listen to them in a bit :P

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Jedi_Amara said:
    Of course it's the attitude!

I'm becoming OBSESSED with Silverstein... their music is great and they're SOOOOOOO cute...
    That's a good sign, a very good sign. Infact, I think you should give me good rep. Wait a second, that doesn't make any sense. Forget what I said, before it's too late.

Anyway, back to Silverstein- what's your favorite song? :P

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Anything you care to name :P I will listen to ANYTHING by them now... XD

I was watching the "Discovering Silverstein" docu on the other side of my Hawthorne Heights DVD... it's such a cute whatsits... have you seen it yet?

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Jedi_Amara said:
    Anything you care to name :P I will listen to ANYTHING by them now... XD

I was watching the "Discovering Silverstein" docu on the other side of my Hawthorne Heights DVD... it's such a cute whatsits... have you seen it yet?
    Nope, I don't have a HH DVD.

Have you checked out Saosin? If you haven't yet, try listening to 'Seven Years', that song is teh secks

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Listening to some Silverstein now, I'll have to dl, err..... buy I mean, some more of their songs =D

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    OK, I'll check out Saosin when I have time.

BUY THEIR CD, DT :P. They have, like, a free DVD with it. :P

The HH DVD is the one that comes with the reissue of their album. There's a CD store chain here that imports stuff, so I got it XD. I'll see what I can do about ripping the SS docu, it's awesome~

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    MCS are <3, they're ugly but their music is so cool :P

I bought the new After the Fall CD and SOTY's album last week... I want to get Silverstein's, C&C's and AAR's new ones, but I keep running out of money XD

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Im back. Well IMO Silverstein's new Album isnt as good as their older one. Its still great though. If you want to step out of the box and try somthing different, try listening to THE FALL OF TROY. They're an awsome hardcore/emo/genre of their own type band. And listen to Brittany check out Saosin, they own.

Back