• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Entertainment & Media Quiz (MOVED)

Years
  • Similar to the VG Trivia, throughout the 2 weeks there will be a variety of questions revolving around topics from the Entertainment & Media section, being:

- Film
    - Television
    - Music
    - Books
    - Sports

Because the questions will be separated as thus, I'll probably have this go every other day, most of the questions are prepped and ready to go. For tiebreakers I won't go as involved as VG Trivia, I will just prep some further questions as I imagine there won't be as much universal knowledge with these ones. Looking at 10 questions on each of the areas and potentially a separate music round of guessing a song.

I'm thinking a flat 100 points for 1st place and that's it - it's not as extensive as other trivia events, but am happy to incorporate 50 points for 2nd place if needed.

Years
  • Out of curiosity, why only the flat hundred for the win? It seems to be underselling team effort a bit. Maybe bump the score up and then add a second?

Years
  • Out of curiosity, why only the flat hundred for the win? It seems to be underselling team effort a bit. Maybe bump the score up and then add a second?

I was mostly comparing this which isn't running every day vs. VG Trivia which is, however I can go 200/100/50 for 1st/2nd/3rd?

Years

• E & M TRIVIA

THE LOWDOWN

Roll out the red carpet for PC's first ever Entertainment & Media Trivia! That's right, it's time to swot up on all things E&M, as we put your knowledge to the test! The winning team will then be awarded 200 points towards their team's total at the end of the event, with second place receiving 100 points and last place receiving 50 points. Once you've had a rummage through the gift bags you got on arrival, feel free to come this way and see how this will work.

Myself and Ash Ketchup have come up with a series of general knowledge questions, spanning all areas of the E&M section (Film, TV, Books, Sports and Music). These will be posted every other day and each team will have until the next set of questions to answer as many as possible.

You will be allowed, as a team, to submit one set of answers to me. Answers MUST be submitted via Discord (either in your team channel or via DM - Arcaneum#0823). I apologise for forum-goers, however with the events I am running, I am already going to be stretched a bit and having to check both platforms etc. will be too much. Any forum submissions will not be accepted.

Once submitted, I will tell you which ones are incorrect and you will get one more shot at correcting these answers and sending a final submission to me.

For tiebreakers, I would advise you pay close attention to things such as release dates, event dates, etc!

RULES OF THE RED CARPET

Throughout the event, to try and create clear leads etc. for teams, there will be an internal scoreboard. Each question correctly answered will net you 5 points, with a full set giving you a bonus 5 points. In the event of a tiebreaker, the winning team will receive a further bonus 5 points.

Each day will start as per my timezone (Currently BST - British Summer Time) at around 22:00 - 00:00, depending on my schedule. Anything submitted after 00:00 will not be counted, you have more than enough time to organise yourselves. I will use the last set of answers given to me as the final submission.

AND FINALLY...

A few closing notes - in the spirit of the fairness, please try not to look up the answers! Use existing knowledge to answer these questions - we have tried to encompass all eras, ages and the such when coming up with these so that hopefully everyone can help!

Teamwork is key - talk to your team and talk to them lots! The more heads the better with this one, so utilise those team channels!

And most importantly...kick back, relax, and have fun!

Last edited:
    Back