• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Eon Ticket?

Years
  • Don't know where else to ask so I'll do it here, after all it is Eon Ticket related..
    Tomorrow I'm going to a big city, and I'm taking my 3DS with me and hope to get some streetpasses, and hopefully maybe even the Eon Ticket. But I've never really used it before, but it is turned on on my 3DS. Does it still work while my 3DS is turned off? Or does it need to be on stand by to use street pass?

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • Don't know where else to ask so I'll do it here, after all it is Eon Ticket related..
    Tomorrow I'm going to a big city, and I'm taking my 3DS with me and hope to get some streetpasses, and hopefully maybe even the Eon Ticket. But I've never really used it before, but it is turned on on my 3DS. Does it still work while my 3DS is turned off? Or does it need to be on stand by to use street pass?

You need to be on stand by. I would have it turned on and be on the main menu of your 3DS then close the lid and walk around the mall or where there's a lot of people. When you have a solid green LED light on your 3DS and a colored dot on your ORAS game cartridge icon on your menu, you know you have a passer-by. Click to start your ORAS game, and see if that person pass you by give you an Eon Ticket. It'll say it on your DexNav and tells you to go to any Pokémon Center to receive your Eon Ticket. :D

Years
  • You need to be on stand by. I would have it turned on and be on the main menu of your 3DS then close the lid and walk around the mall or where there's a lot of people. When you have a solid green LED light on your 3DS and a colored dot on your ORAS game cartridge icon on your menu, you know you have a passer-by. Click to start your ORAS game, and see if that person pass you by give you an Eon Ticket. It'll say it on your DexNav and tells you to go to any Pokémon Center to receive your Eon Ticket. :D

Thank you :)
    Do I need to start my Alpha Sapphire game immediatly when I see the green dot? Or can I just receive an Eon ticket when walking by and look it up at home?
    I don't think my family would like it if I play around with my 3DS all day xD

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • Thank you :)
    Do I need to start my Alpha Sapphire game immediatly when I see the green dot? Or can I just receive an Eon ticket when walking by and look it up at home?
    I don't think my family would like it if I play around with my 3DS all day xD

You can look it up right away, or later when you get home. There will be a red mail box notification on your DexNav. Click it and it'll tell you how many ppl pass you. Then it'll say you received an Eon Ticket. Or it won't say anything if you didn't receive it.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • Is there any way to get this without using street pass, like from person to person over the wifi?

People keep mentioning something called 'HomePass' on this thread, and, from what I've seen around the Internet, I believe that this is basically StreetPass Relay except for the fact you do it from home via your own router by making it lie about certain details, thereby tricking your 3DS into thinking it's in a Nintendo Zone.

Happiness!

❤Always Willing To Help Anyone❤
    Years
  • I don't have ORAS (getting it hopefully next week) but why do people want the eon ticket? :o
    As far as I am aware, you can use GTS to get the other lati. Also, I think soul dew is tradeable too >//<

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2014
    I tried to get the Eon Ticket via Homepass but couldn't get it to work for me so I had given up on getting it that way, than today after coming back home from buying WOW WLoD I check my feed and well how about that I passed someone that had the Eon Ticket so now I'm going to be sitting at my local Mall for an hour or two tomorrow before I go to work. YEAAA!!!!!!!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    So this is only available by Streetpassing someone?

I have no chance. Seriously. They likely won't wander into Canada, and I'd be relying on someone who gets it to happen to travel to one of the few Best Buy or Future Shop locations I go to (maybe EB Games too). So yeah, it's not gonna happen, sadly.

This might become the first Wonder Card I actually hack. Way to go, Nintendo, YOU DUN GOOFED!

(I am getting Alpha Sapphire in addition to Omega Ruby, but seriously, it's the principle of the thing.)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    So this is only available by Streetpassing someone?

I have no chance. Seriously. They likely won't wander into Canada, and I'd be relying on someone who gets it to happen to travel to one of the few Best Buy or Future Shop locations I go to (maybe EB Games too). So yeah, it's not gonna happen, sadly.

This might become the first Wonder Card I actually hack. Way to go, Nintendo, YOU DUN GOOFED!

(I am getting Alpha Sapphire in addition to Omega Ruby, but seriously, it's the principle of the thing.)

Haven't tried Homepass yet?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I haven't managed to get the Eon ticket yet. We'll see if I can pick it up while traveling to see family for the holidays, but other than that, I might have to look into using homepass. It's great that this event isn't limited like the serial code ones are these days, but I really wish they would just distribute it via wifi. I'm sure Streetpass is great in Japan, and it works in certain urban locations in the US and elsewhere, but it's not all that convenient. And yes, things like homepass are options, but I guess I just don't think that you should have to go to such lengths to get a wondercard. Homepass also doesn't seem to fall within the creators' intentions of how people would get the Eon ticket, and while that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it does make that form of pick up somewhat more akin to using Powersaves to generate the ticket and then catching the resulting Lati@s normally (albeit more effort is involved).

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I haven't managed to get the Eon ticket yet. We'll see if I can pick it up while traveling to see family for the holidays, but other than that, I might have to look into using homepass. It's great that this event isn't limited like the serial code ones are these days, but I really wish they would just distribute it via wifi. I'm sure Streetpass is great in Japan, and it works in certain urban locations in the US and elsewhere, but it's not all that convenient.
    In Japan, they used Corocoro again to distribute codes. Streetpass would work better there than Corocoro. It's not necessary to use a Homepass system there. Speaking of, I might have to try Homepass only because I'm not getting these pieces for the two newest puzzles; I'm almost done the others on the second system and have kept the final set of blue pieces incomplete so I can still swap pieces, but sooner or later I will be left with the same remaining pink pieces only on both.

And yes, things like homepass are options, but I guess I just don't think that you should have to go to such lengths to get a wondercard. Homepass also doesn't seem to fall within the creators' intentions of how people would get the Eon ticket, and while that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it does make that form of pick up somewhat more akin to using Powersaves to generate the ticket and then catching the resulting Lati@s normally (albeit more effort is involved).
    Yes, Homepass seems to involve too much effort when you can just plug the game into a Power Saves, click a button, apply, and go pick it up:

Eon Ticket?

There are other reasons for Homepass that do not involve games. This is not a reason to use Homepass. But sadly, Nintendo has once again made it necessary for cheats to be used to pick up something that should just be readily available. Ever time I think they can't make it any worse, it gets worse. First the Diancie not distributing with 3 max IVs (and thus untradeable), and now we don't even get a code but have to walk by someone who just happens to already have the Eon Ticket.

Homepass is looking useful to get this before I head to some relay points. I'll just hope using Power Saves does the job. BTW, spoiler for those who want to know what the note references:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Hello!!

I went to the mall when I had to buy my christmas gift and I usually bring my NDS when I go to the mall, I have some streetpass after.. And I got the Eon ticket !!!
    So when you go to public spaces, try to bring your NDS and put it on sleep mode, you might be lucky! :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Hello!!

I went to the mall when I had to buy my christmas gift and I usually bring my NDS when I go to the mall, I have some streetpass after.. And I got the Eon ticket !!!
    So when you go to public spaces, try to bring your NDS and put it on sleep mode, you might be lucky! :)
    I'll be out in a few places on Christmas Eve during the day, but I am not confident. Making sure to take the XL since I'm playing on that one (and besides, all that I have to get for Puzzle Swap there is pink pieces, so it's the perfect one for Streetpassing since I left a blue collection for pickup on the original).

This is a good thing too. Apparently we can meet the world starting Christmas Eve and through January 4. Since I plan to be Boxing Day shopping (maybe) and will definitely be around on the 30th, that increases the opportunity to run into an Eon Ticket on three separate occasions. So I guess we'll see if I get lucky; if not, I can always hack it. It's not like I'm going there now, anyway!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'll most likely get the Eon Ticket in the upcoming weeks when I go to NYC with my boyfriend. We usually go to Nintendo World every time we go to the city, and the times that we've gone I've StreetPassed the same sales associate there and he has a ridiculous amount of encounters with StreetPass. I'm sure that all of the Nintendo World employees have a crazy amount though, tbh.

Even if that doesn't work, it's NYC! I'm more likely than not going to get one, imo... lol

Back