• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Espeon: cat or dog?

AngelWolfie

Tiger Power!
    Years
    The expression on espeon's face and the way it looks and moves shows that it's obviously a kiiteh ^_^ As for umbreon, umbeon is a fox.

Mew564

Absol Rocks!!
    Years
    Hmmm...
    Maybe it's a fox, but I think Espeon's a cat. It acts and looks like a cat, but it reminds me of foxes.. I guess it could be a fox... Or maybe a cat......... I'm not sure, but it reminds me of a cat.

Orochi Breakwing

Shut the muk up...
    Years
    Shiny said:
    You know, all the Eeveelutions are considered canine. But isn't Espeon an exception? Look at him: he moves like a cat, his body is build likewise, his cry is defintely nearer to a cat's meow than a dog's bark. For me, he acts more like a cat too.
    And what do you think?

Woah woah woah, since WHEN are they considered canine? Theyre all either sleek, and catlike, or VERY fluffy, and catlike. *shakes a finger at you* How dare you....

The eons are offended.

Anyway, Espeon is based off of a demon cat. I can post a picture as soon...as...I find it...O_o.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I think it's a cat from its gait and facial expression.

1. Flareon and Eevee remind me of puppies cross kittens.
    2. Vaporeon is DEFINITELY feline. [imo]
    3. Jolteon is canine.
    4. Umbreon is canine.
    5. Espeon is canine.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I would say that espeon and vaporeon are more feline. Eevee is more like a fox and hence canine, and i'd say the same for jolteon and flareon. The more rugged of the eevees are canine-like, and the sleeker are more feline-like ^^
    With umbreon..im not sure where to place it. I'd probably go for a squirrel or something :s

LilLatias

Name Switched to Kecleon_
    Years
    Dog and cat? o.O;; I've always looked at Eevee and all of it's evolutions as foxes, not cats or dogs.

But I bet if Espeon had a big fluffy tail more people would be saying "fox" instead of "cat". I think the tail is misleading.

Jolteon is the only one that I'd go ahead and call a dog. The rest I'll file under the "fox" catagory.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2005
    Aren't foxes considered VULPINES??? I don't they're either canine or feline. I read somewhere that the fox belongs to the vulpine family.

Anyway, here's what I think. If vulpines didn't exist then the Eevee family would be each of the following:
    Eevee-Fox
    Vaporeon-Fox
    Jolteon-Fox
    Flareon-Fox
    Espeon-Fox
    Umbreon-Fox

Hehehe...

Back