• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials v17.2] Gen 8 stuffs (Abilities, Items & Move)

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    Shell Side Arm

In PokeBattle_MoveEffects, paste below any other function code (Set XXX to a new code)
    Spoiler:

In your Moves.txt PBS file add the following, where YYY is a new number and XXX is the function code
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    Galarian Slowbro
    In your Pokemon Forms PBS file add
    Spoiler:
    Make sure if you have Mega forms to change Mega Slowbro to form # 2, in your graphics and in your forms file.

Quick Draw Ability
    In PokeBattle_Battle, where it defines pbPriority, add the lines for quickdraw everywhere you find it in this block
    Spoiler:

In your Abilities.txt PBS file add the line following where XXX is a new number.
    Spoiler:

Galarica Cuff Slowbro evolution item
    In your items.txt PBS file add the Galarica Cuff and if you want, Galarica Twigs (Your desired bag pocket for the galarica twigs may differ from mine, I put it in a bag pocket I have called valuables)

Spoiler:

Add the Galarica Cuff to the fling damage array in Pokebattle move effects. I have it at the same damage as an evolutionary stone, not sure if that has been determined properly from the games yet.

Add the image files to your Graphics/Icons Folder
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    Expanding Force
    In PokeBattle_Battler under User=pbFindUser(choice,targets) add the following lines
    Spoiler:
    In the moves.txt PBS file add a new move number (YYY) with new function code (XXX)
    Spoiler:
    And finally in PokeBattle_Move_Effects add a new function code XXX
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Diegou18

Forever Chandelure lover.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2021
    A short but useful thing: add Heal Bell's code to Soundproof Ability.
    Code:
    if !user.hasMoldBreaker && target.hasWorkingAbility(:SOUNDPROOF) &&
           thismove.isSoundBased? &&
           thismove.function!=0xE5 &&   # Perish Song handled elsewhere
           thismove.function!=0x151 &&  # Parting Shot handled elsewhere
           thismove.function!=0x19      # Heal Bell
          PBDebug.log("[Ability triggered] #{target.pbThis}'s Soundproof blocked #{user.pbThis(true)}'s #{thismove.name}")
          @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} blocks {3}!",target.pbThis,
             PBAbilities.getName(target.ability),thismove.name))
          return false
        end

Generation VIII
    Heal Bell now always affects the user, even if it has Soundproof. (Bulbapedia)

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    Steel Roller
    In your moves.txt PBS file add the following line, where YYY is a new move number and XXX is a new function code
    Spoiler:
    In PokeBattle_MoveEffects add a new funciton code
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    Rising Voltage
    In moves.txt, add this line where YYY is a new move number, and a new function code is XXX.
    Spoiler:
    In Pokebattle_MoveEffects add a new function code XXX
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Scale Shot
    In moves.txt, add this line where YYY is a new move number, and the function code is 0C0.
    Spoiler:
    In Pokebattle_Battler in def pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget under the berrycurecheck line
    Spoiler:

Hi, is this coded correctly? The move is supposed to raise the attacker's Speed and lower its Defense 1 time per turn, not after every time it hits

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    Hi Piratilla, are you sure? This is what Bulbapedia says. "Scale Shot inflicts damage, hitting the target 2-5 times per use. There is a ~33.3% chance that it will hit 2 times, a ~33.3% chance that it will hit 3 times, a ~16.7% chance that it will hit 4 times, and a ~16.7% chance that it will hit 5 times. This means that it will hit about ~3.167 times on average provided that it does not miss, giving it an average power of ~79.2. After each successful hit, the user's Speed is raised by one stage, while its Defense is lowered by one stage. Each strike made has an equal chance to be a critical hit. " I have not seen it in sword gameplay yet, but my reading of Bulbapedia says this is correct

Edit: From here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaSKNSG5gAw I see you are correct. I will remove the scale shot code for now, will post a fixed version tonight. I have edited Bulbapedia's text to be more clear.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Cool. Also, I got this error with your Expanding Force code when I used the move to defeat a mon in a single battle:
    [Essentials v17.2] Gen 8 stuffs (Abilities, Items & Move)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Hi Piratilla, are you sure? This is what Bulbapedia says. "Scale Shot inflicts damage, hitting the target 2-5 times per use. There is a ~33.3% chance that it will hit 2 times, a ~33.3% chance that it will hit 3 times, a ~16.7% chance that it will hit 4 times, and a ~16.7% chance that it will hit 5 times. This means that it will hit about ~3.167 times on average provided that it does not miss, giving it an average power of ~79.2. After each successful hit, the user's Speed is raised by one stage, while its Defense is lowered by one stage. Each strike made has an equal chance to be a critical hit. " I have not seen it in sword gameplay yet, but my reading of Bulbapedia says this is correct

Edit: From here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaSKNSG5gAw I see you are correct. I will remove the scale shot code for now, will post a fixed version tonight. I have edited Bulbapedia's text to be more clear.

https://youtu.be/kZmRYQVJIs8?t=610 This shows the move in action. It does indeed only lower stats after all the hits are made, not every individual hit.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I believe I've finished all the remaining scripting for the new moves (except Misty Explosion because I'm using Reborn Field Effects and I'm too lazy to convert it):

Meteor Beam:
    Spoiler:

Corrosive Gas:
    THIS IS OUTDATED, SEE REVISED CODE HERE: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10181512#post10181512
    Spoiler:

Poltergeist:
    Spoiler:
    EDIT: Added Poltergeist message
    Added Corrosive Gas preventing gaining an item

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    Hi Piratilla, that's what I get for making it work for singles first, then testing, then making it work for doubles, testing, but not retesting for singles.
    I've edited the Expanding Force script. The only thing that needs adjusting are the lines from PokeBattle_Battler.
    They should now be
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    Scale Shot (FIXED!)
    In PokeBattle_Battler, under the Berry Cure Check
    Spoiler:
    In moves.txt, add this to a new number YYY with function code 0C0 like Water Shuriken
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    Silverlime- I believe I've finished all the remaining scripting for the new moves (except Misty Explosion because I'm using Reborn Field Effects and I'm too lazy to convert it):
    There seem to be a bunch of moves left if you want to keep working!

Grassy Glide
    Terrain Pulse
    Skitter Smack
    Burning Jealousy
    Flip Turn
    Triple Axel
    Dual Wingbeat
    Scorching Sands
    Jungle Healing
    And of course Misty explosion. I am going to work from top to bottom down this list if anyone else wants to work from bottom up

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    There seem to be a bunch of moves left if you want to keep working!

Grassy Glide
    Terrain Pulse
    Skitter Smack
    Burning Jealousy
    Flip Turn
    Triple Axel
    Dual Wingbeat
    Scorching Sands
    Jungle Healing
    And of course Misty explosion. I am going to work from top to bottom down this list if anyone else wants to work from bottom up

Ah, yes. Grassy Glide and Terrain Pulse I have coded for Reborn Field Effects but I'll post converted versions shortly. The rest of the moves besides Jungle Healing (which I forgot about) don't need new function codes, so you just need to define them in moves.txt. I'll post everything else shortly. Burning Jealousy was already done I believe.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Here are the rest:

Grassy Glide:
    Spoiler:

Terrain Pulse:
    Spoiler:

Misty Explosion:
    Spoiler:

Jungle Healing:
    Spoiler:

Remember to add all new moves in the PBS file moves.txt (Change IDs and function codes to be what you need. Bold function codes may need to be changed because they are new functions):
    Spoiler:
    EDIT: I'm going to assume that Jungle Healing is affected by Snatch because Life Dew is, and they might have just forgotten to add that to Bulbapedia.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    I'm not sure if it's a version effect (I'm using 17.1) but for me your Grassy Glide doesn't work since it should be
    if @field.effects[PBEffects::GrassyTerrain]>0 && @choices[2].function == 0x19D

instead of
    if @battle.field.effects[PBEffects::GrassyTerrain]>0 && @choices[2].function == 0x19D

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I'm not sure if it's a version effect (I'm using 17.1) but for me your Grassy Glide doesn't work since it should be

instead of

Yes, you're right, it's not a version thing though. Since that line of code is in the Pokebattle_Battle class, you have to get rid of the @battle part. I was kind of just copying and pasting the terrain-based moves because I was editing them to match original essentials but never tested it with the change. Just fixed it above.

Also, does anyone know the message that Jungle Healing plays when it heals a status condition? I couldn't find this so I just left it with no message for now.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    I believe I've finished all the remaining scripting for the new moves (except Misty Explosion because I'm using Reborn Field Effects and I'm too lazy to convert it):

Meteor Beam:
    Spoiler:

Corrosive Gas:
    Spoiler:

Poltergeist:
    Spoiler:
    EDIT: Added Poltergeist message

Corrosive Gas looks great but one point i have:
    • Pokémon can't obtain another item while its item is corroded (Trick will fail if either you or the opponent is under Corrosive Gas)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Corrosive Gas looks great but one point i have:
    • Pokémon can't obtain another item while its item is corroded (Trick will fail if either you or the opponent is under Corrosive Gas)

Yes, you're right. I'm not sure if a Pokemon can lose or give away a corroded item, but Bulbapedia doesn't mention this so I'm going to assume it's possible. I'll add these conditions in my original post.

Back