• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eurovision Song Contest 2011 Düsseldorf "Feel Your Heart Beat!"

Tailor

Objection!
    Years
    In a few months the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 will take place in Düsseldorf, and as a huge fan of the ESC I decided to make a thread for the fans of the ESC and have a place where you can discuss it!
    I will update posts with updates ASAP.
    Some facts (Source: Wikipedia):

1st Semi-Final

The first semi-final will take place in Esprit Arena in Düsseldorf on 10 May 2011.

The ten countries in this semi-final with the highest scoring points, probably according to a combination of televotes and jury votes from each voting country, will qualify for the final.

01: Poland - Magdalena Tul - Jestem
    02: Norway - Stella Mwangi - Haba Haba
    03: Albania - Aurela Gaçe - Feel The Passion
    04: Armenia - Emmy - Boom Boom
    05: Turkey - Yüksek Sadakat - Live It Up
    06: Serbia - Nina - Čaroban (Чаробан)
    07: Russia - Alexej Vorobjov - Get You
    08: Switzerland - Anna Rossinelli - In Love For A While
    09: Georgia - Eldrine - One More Day
    10: Finland - Paradise Oskar - Da Da Dam
    11: Malta - Glen Vella - One Life
    12: San Marino - Senit - Stand By
    13: Croatia - Daria - Celebrate
    14: Iceland - Sjonni's Friends - Coming Home
    15: Hungary - Kati Wolf - What About My Dreams?
    16: Portugal - Homens Da Luta - Luta É Alegria
    17: Lithuania - Evelina Sašenko - C'est Ma Vie
    18: Azerbaijan - Ell & Nikki - Running Scared
    19: Greece - Loucas Yiorkas feat. Stereo Mike - Watch My Dance

2nd Semi-Final

The second semi-final will take place in Esprit Arena in Düsseldorf on 12 May 2011.

The ten countries in this semi-final with the highest scoring points, probably according to a combination of televotes and jury votes from each voting country, will qualify for the final.

France, Germany and Italy must broadcast and vote in this semi-final.

01: Bosnia & Herzegovina - Dino Merlin - Love In Rewind
    02: Austria - Nadine Beiler - The Secret Is Love
    03: The Netherlands - 3JS - Never Alone
    04: Belgium - Witloof Bay - With Love Baby
    05: Slovakia - TWiiNS - I'm Still Alive
    06: Ukraine - Mika Newton - Angel
    07: Moldova - Zdob și Zdub - So Lucky
    08: Sweden - Eric Saade - Popular
    09: Cyprus - Christos Mylordos - Son Aggelos S'Agapisa (Σαν Άγγελος Σ'αγάπησα)
    10: Bulgaria - Poli Genova - Na Inat (На инат)
    11: F.Y.R. Macedonia - Vlatko Ilievski - Rusinka (Русинкa)
    12: Israel - Dana International - Ding Dong
    13: Slovenia - Maja Keuc - No One
    14: Romania - Hotel FM - Change
    15: Estonia - Getter Jaani - Rockefeller Street
    16: Belarus - Anastasiya Vinnikova - I Live Belarus
    17: Latvia - Musiqq - Angel In Disguise
    18: Denmark - A Friend In London - New Tomorrow
    19: Ireland - Jedward - Lipstickeller Street
    14: Ireland - Jedward - Lipstick
    15: Israel - Dana International - Ding Dong
    16: Latvia - Musiqq - Angel in Disguise
    17: FYR Macedonia - Vlatko Ilievski - Rusinka (Русинкa)
    18: Romania - Hotel FM - Change
    19: Slovenia - Maja Keuc - Vanilija

Final
    The final will take place on 14 May 2011.

Only the "Big Five" countries will automatically qualify for the final

From the two semi-finals on 10 and 12 May 2011, twenty countries will qualify for the final. A total of twenty-five countries will compete in the final.

Televoters and a professional jury in each country have a 50% stake in the outcome.

01: Finland - Paradise Oskar - Da Da Dam
    02: Bosnia & Herzegovina - Dino Merlin - Love In Rewind
    03: Denmark - A Friend In London - New Tomorrow
    04: Lithuania - Evelina Sašenko - C'est ma vie
    05: Hungary - Kati Wolf - What About My Dreams?
    06: Ireland - Jedward - Lipstick
    07: Sweden - Eric Saade - Popular
    08: Estonia - Getter Jaani - Rockefeller Street
    09: Greece - Loukas Giorkas feat. Stereo Mike - Watch My Dance
    10: Russia - Alexey Vorobyov - Get You
    11: France - Amaury Vassili - Sognu
    12: Italy - Raphael Gualazzi - Madness Of Love
    13: Switzerland - Anna Rossinelli - In Love for a While
    14: United Kingdom - Blue - I Can
    15: Moldova - Zdob și Zdub - So Lucky
    16: Germany - Lena - Taken By A Stranger
    17: Romania - Hotel FM - Change
    18: Austria - Nadine Beiler - The Secret Is Love
    19: Azerbaijan - Ell & Nikki - Running Scared
    20: Slovenia - Maja Keuc - No One
    21: Iceland - Sjonni's Friends - Coming Home
    22: Spain - Que Me Quiten Lo Bailao
    23: Ukraine - Mika Newton - Angel
    24: Serbia - Nina - Čaroban (Чаробан)
    25: Georgia - Eldrine - One More Day

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Tailor

Objection!
    Years
    San Marino's broadcaster SMRTV revealed the artist that is going to represent San Marino in Düsseldorf is Senit!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Tailor

Objection!
    Years
    I only usually watch the Eurovision Song Contest for the laugh. And to see the United Kingdom fail miserably once again.

I actually liked last years entry of the UK, but if you ask me the worst song on the esc last year was from the Netherlands, and the rest of the Netherlands will probably agree with me :P

Graphical

Beep beep boop
    Years
    Us in Ireland are getting to choose between 5 acts by vote. And one of them is Jedward. They're still going to get lots of votes from obsessive fangirls all over the world (They are definitely going to be our act - obsessive fangirls). I'd like Ireland to actually come near the top for the first time in yeeeears.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I only usually watch the Eurovision Song Contest for the laugh. And to see the United Kingdom fail miserably once again.

Replace "United Kingdom" with "Spain" and that's me.

I really think that we'd take it more seriously if we weren't qualified by default. We still have to choose the entry and I can bet it will be as suckish as our previous 20 ones XD

Tailor

Objection!
    Years

I really think that we'd take it more seriously if we weren't qualified by default. We still have to choose the entry and I can bet it will be as suckish as our previous 20 ones XD

Makes me remember that weirdo on stage last year XD
    Luckily Spain got a second chance.

weeman10

Mr. Blue Sky
    Years
    I actually liked last years entry of the UK, but if you ask me the worst song on the esc last year was from the Netherlands, and the rest of the Netherlands will probably agree with me :P

I can't remember the Netherlands entry to be fair, which probably proves you right. My favourite in about the last 5 years was this bloke from France called Sébastien Tellier, who looked like Jesus, so that won me over :)

None of the 'big five' so to speak ever do well in Eurovision (bar Germany last year). I hate the fact that our country usually gets to choose the entry, because the people don't have a clue :P I was surprised to learn that our entry was chosen internally.

I never usually like any of the actual songs anyway XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    Me and my friends had a Eurovision party last year, and we're thinking of having one again this year. None of us really liked Germany's entry last year (though it was way better than ours >.< ) - the act with the pelvic thrusting saxophonist should have won :P

Will have to hear the song before I make any judgements, but it has to be better than last year. I felt sorry for the guy who sang it, because he was alright vocally, it was just that goddamn awful song Pete Waterman wrote that was just shoved on him.

Years
    It's that time again already so soon? Well, I can't wait for everyone and everything being "LENALENALENALENALENALENA" again. Not like it wasn't annoying enough last year.
    By the way, I did actually not hear her song yet so i can't judge it, I just hate overhyping.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years

You're absolutely right!
    Man, How come we always end up with the lamest songs representing our country? -.-

Tailor

Objection!
    Years
    It's that time again already so soon? Well, I can't wait for everyone and everything being "LENALENALENALENALENALENA" again. Not like it wasn't annoying enough last year.
    By the way, I did actually not hear her song yet so i can't judge it, I just hate overhyping.

Lena was good, but she isn't going to win again... (I hope)

You're absolutely right!
    Man, How come we always end up with the lamest songs representing our country? -.-

I like the 3JS with Je vecht nooit alleen, but I prefered De Stroom!

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    If the UK were voting in the second semi-final, Jedward might stand more of chance of making the final. When was the last time Ireland even made the final? I can imagine that they'll score highly from the UK if they make the final though.

I actually don't know if Jedward going to Eurovision is a disaster waiting to happen, or sheer brilliance :P

Graphical

Beep beep boop
    Years
    If the UK were voting in the second semi-final, Jedward might stand more of chance of making the final. When was the last time Ireland even made the final? I can imagine that they'll score highly from the UK if they make the final though.

I actually don't know if Jedward going to Eurovision is a disaster waiting to happen, or sheer brilliance :P

We made the final last year with Niamh Kavanagh. Came out near the bottom though. =/

I'm disappointed that they're representing us; they're terrible. We seem to have no talent in this country, with the way they're making us a laughing stock.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 4, 2017
    What are Ireland doing?....i guess this is never really a singing contest anyway but Jedward. -.-
    I was watching the Late late show with Ryan Tubitery last night which was the show for the voting and we went BRAINDEAD when they came on. I personally think the votes were rigged.

Tailor

Objection!
    Years
    What are Ireland doing?....i guess this is never really a singing contest anyway but Jedward. -.-

I was watching the Late late show with Ryan Tubitery last night which was the show for the voting and we went BRAINDEAD when they came on. I personally think the votes were rigged.

Am I the only one who actually likes that song. But I heard them live at the Late Late show and it didn't sound amazing. But I still kinda like it.
    I always like the silly songs, for example in 2007 Ukraine "Dancing Lasha Tumbai" and 2008 Ireland "Irelande Douze Points"

Big update guys:

Iceland will be represented by Sigurjón's Friends with the song "Aftur Heim"

Spoiler:

Norway chose for Stella Mwangi with her song "Haba Haba" (WTF Haba Haba?)

Spoiler:

Glen Vella triumphs in Malta with the song "One Life"

Spoiler:

Belgium picks Witloof Bay wich song is "With Love Baby"

Spoiler:

And last, but not least Finland will send in Paradise Oskar with the song "Da Da Dam"

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back