• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever used an all-shiny team?

Years
    • Seen today
    No way. I can't even seem to find a single shiny in the majority of my playthroughs.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Nope. Never had more than one shiny on a playthrough team.

If given any team:
    • Alolan Raichu. Really likes this shiny. Generally likes darker colors. Prevents the team from being all black shinies. Appreciates its debuffing capabilities too. (Probably serves as a sweeper, however, looking at the rest of the team.)
    • Oricorio (Baile). Already looks good. Improves it even further when shiny. Prefers it over Charizard and Camerupt (slightly), who share some types. Assists in debuffing and maybe as a Baton Passer.
    • Palossand. Wanted to use this thing anyways. (Considered it for a solo challenge.) See aforementioned black shiny bias.
    • Umbreon. Already black, but now with blue.
    • Drednaw. A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. One of the few good green shinies.
    • Falinks. A similar color scheme as Alolan Raichu. Also already likes it. (Thought about a Furfrou for this spot. Probably Dandy or Matron. Mentions Chesnaught too.)

Sees no more than two weaknesses to any type. Mixed in a good number of physical and special. Ought to function well enough. Has only used Alolan Raichu in a playthrough, of all the ones above, and not too much, due to the nature of that playthrough. Did not pick too many Pokemon of the same color.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • Never found enough shinies to have a full shiny team tbh. 😅
    Same. I have found exactly four. Three of them are in a romhack with raised shiny odds that can't be traded to unmodded games, and the fourth was in a cartridge that had its save file overwritten without trading because I didn't have a second gameboy and link cable.

Years
  • I did a Shiny Badge Quest in Ultra Moon. It's a challenge about using only shinies. I even found my old thread about it, if anyone is interested. It took me over 2 years to beat it. I aquired more than 6 Pokémon, even continuing on in post-game and tackling Battle Tree with my shinies. My obtained Pokémon were: Primarina, Lopunny, Vikavolt, Lycanroc, Toxapex, Palossand, Salazzle, Alolan Sandslash, Haxorus, Oricorio, Alolan Exeggutor, Alolan Persian, Pheromosa; and Type: Null and Stakataka in the post-game.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I find most of my shiny Pokémon during the post-game, so I've never used a playthrough team of all six shiny Pokémon. I may have found/received one shiny during the story mode, but never six!

If the Pokémon Violet DLC counts as a fresh playthrough, I rotated in six new shiny Pokémon to complete the DLC campaigns. It was a struggle, especially against the Blueberry Elite Four.
    Teal Mask team: Arbok, Lucario, Chandelure, Shiftry, Lycanroc, and Mamoswine.
    Indigo Mask team: Sawsbuck, Scrafty, Kingdra, Golurk, Primarina, and Eelektross.

Years
  • No unless I were to gen them in because tbh I am not wasting my days shiny hunting lmao, much better things to be doing than 3000+ encounters for the sake of a shiny pokemon!

Years
  • I've only done this once in Sword, so far. I bred up a team Shield and then used them in Sword. Meet the squad:
    Spoiler:

Couldn't get a better screenshot with all of them on screen :sadwick:

Attachments

• 436799833_950745526773514_5477663809338049346_n.jpg
      436799833_950745526773514_5477663809338049346_n.jpg
      87.4 KB · Views: 9

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Only post-game. I don't think I've ever had more than two at a time during a run.

I'd either leave it up to chance or hunt for some of the Shinies I've yet to get at full-odds that I'm still interested in, like Hoppip, Girafarig, and Lanturn. Maybe I'd SR for a Shiny Chikorita. Last two slots might go to Magby and Gligar/Yanma/Dragonair. I don't see myself doing a Shiny run anytime soon though!

If it weren't for them not obeying me, I'd just send over my main squad: Flareon, Mothim, Wartortle, Dunsparce, Alolan Sandslash, and Luxio/Porygon2.

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I've never had enough shiny Pokémon to make an entire team of Shiny Pokémon. However, in Pokémon Violet, I do have a full box of Shiny Pokémon, so it might be possible to build a Shiny team now, but I doubt it would be good. Perhaps I can share of footage of how they do in battle in the future.

Back