• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Evil team ideas?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • So...evil teams. They've been a mainstay in every Pokemon game and the plot of the game will often involve the player having to thwart their goal before a catastrophe can occur.

What are you expecting out of the evil team in these games? I'm really hoping the evil team leader in this game is the professor.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2019
    I would like to see the hero stopping the ruler(s) or leaders/elite four/champion from starting a war instead of the all usual evil team thing..

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2020
    Like Ruby and Sapphire depends which version you buy.
    One version has you fighting evil foreign elites trying to prevent the government from honouring the will of the people and the other version has you fighting the government in order to prevent Galar from leaving the PU and causing a regional catastrophe.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I don't really care but hopefully they are interesting or have good designs.

Years
  • I don't personally care as long as their goal isn't the whole cliche "we're going to take over the world" stuff that's been prevalent over the past several generations. It's why, IMO, Team Skull in SM/USUM was a nice change of pace.

AveeVaporGlitch

Stuck In Unova
    Years
  • I want someone from another region trying to start a war with Galor.

I don't personally care as long as their goal isn't the whole cliche "we're going to take over the world" stuff that's been prevalent over the past several generations. It's why, IMO, Team Skull in SM/USUM was a nice change of pace.

It could be argued they were not even evil. They seemed more like misfits over really evil.

Last edited:

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Maybe an extreme traditionalist group? The region seems to be pretty industrialized, so I can see the evil team wanting to go back to the more simpler times, or something along those lines.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2020
    I would like to see an evil team that really lives up to it's name as evil. I want a bunch of admins and a diabolical team lead. It has to be more than just stealing pokemon.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • It's a stretch, but a villainous team based on a religious cult would be nice. They can water it down enough, like they did with the Arceus is god concept.

The team could be led by an evil priest/priestess whose beliefs are ridiculously extreme and he/she is frowned upon by other members of the faith.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think the evil team could be inspired by the War of Roses, Legend of Robin Hood or Legend of King Arthur or all three. There was so much civil war in the UK, that I think the Evil Team could be inspired by a Civil War. With both Kalos and Unova having a Civil War in the past and UK, France, and USA having a very large history together, I think they could all tie in.

I think it is possible that we could have King Arthur and Robin Hood going against each other, only for both side realizing they want the same thing in the end. The MC could stop a Civil War that destoryed both Unova and Kalos.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • It's a stretch, but a villainous team based on a religious cult would be nice. They can water it down enough, like they did with the Arceus is god concept.

The team could be led by an evil priest/priestess whose beliefs are ridiculously extreme and he/she is frowned upon by other members of the faith.

I can kind of see that as a possibility, with the rune-like characters appearing in several locations within the trailer that could be connected to the plot in someway. On the other hand though, I could see the evil team being something similar to Cromwell's forces in the English Civil War or the War of the Roses, but an cult would be cool too.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I want there to be a king or the queen of the region and they are the mastermind behind it all.

Years
  • If they are going to include a king or a queen I would have thought that they'd make them the champion.

Just have Theresa as the evil leader with her evil scheme being to use the box legendary to isolate us from the other regions and be done with it. #Galexit.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • If they are going to include a king or a queen I would have thought that they'd make them the champion.

Now that you mention it, the champion being the main antagonist would be an amazing idea. Especially if they were the ruler of the region on top of that. :o

Back