• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Experiences with Metronome

Years
    Metronome is such a fun move. It can spawn almost any move in the game, and if you get really lucky, it can turn the tide of battle. So, have you had any particularly novel experiences with Metronome? I have: in my first Platinum run, I was up against Byron, and we were both down to one pokemon each, me with my Togetic, and him with his Bastiodon. I use Metronome, hoping for a good move, and I get Lava Plume, finishing off the Bastiodon and netting me a badge.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    As much as I love Togepi, having to rely on Metronome (except in Heart Gold/Soul Silver when hatched knowing Extrasensory) for damage is not exactly something I like. It seems that every time I use it I get some useless status effect move, something that the target is immune to or someting that makes the user faint. When I do get a good move it usually misses because of the accuracy drop from Hustle ( I have terrible luck with abilities and whenever I get a Pokémon with two possible abilities I usually end up with the worse of the two).

Years
    Seeing as your talking about Metronome as in the games rather than as a whole, I'm going to move this over to Pokemon Gaming Central for you.

I can't recall having too many positive experiences using Metronome, though I did use it a lot back on FireRed with my Clefable just for the heck of it. The most memorable time that I used Metronome though was back on HeartGold with my Togetic. Let's just say that I had no idea that Memento was a move until I got it through Metronome, and it quickly became my least favorite move (Memento, not Metronome). At least it wasn't an important battle, but that's the last time that I've relied on Metronome to do any real damage.

MOVED.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Metronome's really fun to use, particularly for lols in competitive battling or something...it's the definition of a joke move pulled off right. I once managed to use the signature moves of Dialga and Palkia in consecutive battles...I was shocked over the luck I had, haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not such a big Metronome user. It's quite fun, though, as you never know what attack you might wind up with when you use this move. Honestly, I'll go as far to say that nothing could ever be as exciting as this. However, only time you'd see me using it is when battling against friends to pass time, and not for anything serious (such as battling competitively). I've also used it in-game a couple of times throughout story-line; last time I've done this was with Pokémon Diamond, which was about five years ago or so. Before that, I believe it was Emerald.

Wort experience I've ever had with this attack is when I had Clefable in my team at Battle Factory in Pokémon Emerald. It was my last member (other two were fainted completely), and it didn't have any offensive hits aside from Metronome. When I'd chosen it, though, it turned out to be Explosion (or was it Self-destruct?), making it instantly faint. It was pretty frustrating, considering how far I've gotten into this facility at the time.

As for best, one of them has probably gotta be when my Jigglypuff wound up with using Sacred Fire. It was pretty amusing to see!

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    While Metronome is a fun move, I've lost both an Amulet Coin and a Soothe Bell both to Metronome using Fling.

Happy? I was not. Chansey has failed her duties of making people happy

Years
    Metronome's an interesting move XD I've had good and bad experiences with it. Good experience-wise, my Togepi's ended up using a lot of powerful moves consecutively (or at least very often). Bad experience-wise, it's exploded with Explosion or Selfdestruct or has used Fling to fling away the Amulet Coin (I SR'ed as a result). It's definitely a lot of fun to have "competitive" Metronome battles on PS and the like, especially since you can't lose anything from it XD

Years
    I remember when i was leveling up the Togepi i just hatched, used Metronome for the first time and got Shadow Force. I love the move, sometimes the results are totally unexpected.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
    Years
    Using Metronome is an extremely fun thing to do. When I first received a Togepi, I didn't even know what the move did. I used it and I managed to pull off some crazy luck and used Dialga's signature move. However, it raises your self-confidence far too high and you think that your little Togepi can do anything. You realise that you are definitely wrong when you're against a strong Pokémon, hoping for a powerful move, and instead you end up using Odor Sleuth.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I remember when i was leveling up the Togepi i just hatched, used Metronome for the first time and got Shadow Force. I love the move, sometimes the results are totally unexpected.

That's exactly what I love about it! Though, I don't think I've ever managed to land Shadow Force with it, haha. I might've, but chances are very low.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I only used Metronome on one playthrough, on my Togekiss in HGSS (from the egg!). I don't think anything interesting ever happened so I just stopped using it as I would get dumb moves that didn't do anything. Also, clearly if something interesting had happened I would have remembered it, haha.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    While trying to evolve Togepi in Crystal, I decided to actually battle with it. I went into Ice Cave and encountered a Zubat. Togepi was at level 26 and its only attacking move was Metronome. I used all ten PP and the best move I got was Acid. It used Poison Sting twice. It used Hypnosis three times. I even used Splash once! I didn't end up winning that battle.

On another save file, my Togepi used Aeroblast immediately followed by Sacred Fire. ...Both missed.

Guest123_x1

Whenever I used Metronome, I usually would get relatively common moves (and some of them not very effective against the opponent or even were of the non-damaging kind), but once in a while, a move would come out that I never knew existed or rarely was used by other Pokémon.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    My luck isn't all that impressive, so whenever I use Metronome, I typically get something that's marginally decent. Something along the lines like Headbutt. I don't really use it all that much. The only time I did use it extensively was when I used Munchlax for a Platinum run. Didn't have much options for moves early game, so Metronome was decent filler. I do remember though that during the battle against Gardenia, Munchlax actually got a Seed Flare from it. Of course, coming from it's pitiful SpA stat and against Roserade, you can imagine that it didn't do much to change the tides of battle.

bunny24680

Keep Catching, Keep Battling - It's a Pokemon Life
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2021
    My Golem was battling a graveller of Hiker and using metronome, my big hardy golem used CHARM.... It would have worked if that graveller wasn't male!!!!

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    During a playthrough of HGSS, while at Ilex Forest - I still recall my Togepi using Roar of Time. It really shocked me, haha. Metronome is a fun move, a move I probably won't use outside in-game, but it's always a surprise on what will come out.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    I usually just use metronome if I'm playing Stadium or something with my brother and we want to see what will happen, haha. I think my favorite ever was "Golem used Fly!" complete with animation of Golem just kind of... floating upwards and levitating there.

Years
    I love Metronome, it's so entertaining to see a Clefairy or something like that pull off a gargantuan move lol xD I remember using Metronome all the time on Diamond with my Clefable but haven't really used one since...I think I might start doing that on X in competitive battles to see how far I get - it can't be any worse than I'm doing now lol xD

Back