• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Exploring gen 2

Years
  • As you may have noticed there are many places in gen 2 that you can explore from ocean to Dark caves Roads that leads to a town or somehing else Out of all the places in gen 2 which is the most favorite place that you have that you explored during your childhood or during your recent adventures?
    In johto Maybe Mount silver or perhaps The fearsome Mount mortar? Kanto also counts

Years
  • I really enjoyed Johto as a place to explore, the forests actually stood at to me surprisingly, I don't tend to like the stereotypical forests in the Pokemon world but for some reason I liked them in Johto.

Years
  • I really enjoyed Johto as a place to explore, the forests actually stood at to me surprisingly, I don't tend to like the stereotypical forests in the Pokemon world but for some reason I liked them in Johto.

Yea the forests was a really nice touch in gen 2 they give off this mysterious vipe like you are not suppose to be here leave now feeling.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I really enjoyed Johto as a place to explore, the forests actually stood at to me surprisingly, I don't tend to like the stereotypical forests in the Pokemon world but for some reason I liked them in Johto.

I agree! A favorite route of mine is the one to the south of Ruins of Alph, for some reason. It's got Union Cave, it's got forest, it's got fishing spot, it's got trainers and Mareep c:

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I agree! A favorite route of mine is the one to the south of Ruins of Alph, for some reason. It's got Union Cave, it's got forest, it's got fishing spot, it's got trainers and Mareep c:

I love that route too. Great spot, and in addition to Mareep, I think it also has Wooper (which I used on my Gold team).

I've always liked forests, and Ilex Forest had a very different feel than some of the others. (I wish Viridian Forest hadn't been nerfed, though.) I also really like the route leading to Mt. Silver, mainly because it feels relatively deserted (even though it isn't entirely), and reminds me that I've finally made it to a place that few have ventured to. That, and the top of Mt. Silver, where I finally get to meet Red/the alter ego of my younger self.

Years
  • I love that route too. Great spot, and in addition to Mareep, I think it also has Wooper (which I used on my Gold team).

I've always liked forests, and Ilex Forest had a very different feel than some of the others. (I wish Viridian Forest hadn't been nerfed, though.) I also really like the route leading to Mt. Silver, mainly because it feels relatively deserted (even though it isn't entirely), and reminds me that I've finally made it to a place that few have ventured to. That, and the top of Mt. Silver, where I finally get to meet Red/the alter ego of my younger self.

Ohh yes Ilex forest was a mysterious place As a child i found that forest mildly creepy Probably because of the music Viridian Forest was kinda small compared to the Gen 1 version But they needed they needed to save memory so sadly they needed to nerf that forest Mount silver was a really great experience to travel through a cave filled with darkness rocks and waterfalls You the player character beat all of the goal and made it to the top where you fight Red the gen 1 Protagonist and the former champion of the elite four What a great end to such a awesome journey.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh yeah, I also really liked the area outside Mt Silver. With Ponyta iirc? Or some really high leveled pokemon. Wow I've actually forgotten many later areas. Time to brush up and do a Crystal challenge or somesuch.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    I love the route 45-46 stretch after Blackthorne, The Lake of Rage and Dragon's Den are some of my favorite spots also

Years
  • I really loved the route towards the Lake Of Rage. As I can recall there were a couple of roads that led to the sides and had areas with a few hidden items. Really enjoyed it there. I also remember there being a trainer with a Nidoking and Nidoqueen, which was awesome.

Years
  • I love the route 45-46 stretch after Blackthorne, The Lake of Rage and Dragon's Den are some of my favorite spots also

The routhe 45-46 stretch was really cool for it's time To think that Blackthorn city and Newbark town was so close all along I was quite shocked when i found that out How could i forget the Lake of Rage? I absolutely love that place That awesome tune of music and The lake with the Red gyarados Ahh the memories Dragon's den was also awesome and had one of the best Music in the gen 2

I really loved the route towards the Lake Of Rage. As I can recall there were a couple of roads that led to the sides and had areas with a few hidden items. Really enjoyed it there. I also remember there being a trainer with a Nidoking and Nidoqueen, which was awesome.

Road to the Lake of Rage was really cool and a fantastic area to explore I still remember those darn Rocket members who take 1000 Pokedollars from you If you don't use the side path That poke maniac with the Nidoking and a Nidequeen had a very interesting fight As almost no of the NPC's use a Nidoking and a Nidoqueen.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • What I loved the most were the areas around the Lake of Rage. There isn't much, I know, but I find the place simply amusing. You can get a lot of trees, and a lot of trees and another a lot of trees.. and the Hidden Power tm. Then there's the route connecting Mahogany to the Ice Path, wherein you could catch some Lickitongues.

Back