• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Extendtext.exe not opening

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2021
    My script for professor oak to give 5 pokeballs wasn't working. It gave me an error. I did some research and realized why extendtext.exe was there. Extendtext.exe won't open. I try to run it an administrator and it still won't open. Even when I run it in xp service pack 2 it still won't open. I am using essentials v16.1

WriterRaven

I Illustrate Through Words
    Years
  • There should be a Notepad file in your project folder, named extendtext.txt, that explains what extendtext.exe does and how to use it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2021
    Could you post the report of your error?

image.jpg

But the real problem is the fact that Extendtext.exe won't open

Years
  • If you fix the problem Folle64 pointed out, and it's still not working (it doesn't open a window or anything, if you're confused), try running it as an administrator, or in compatibility mode.

Also, you can Ctrl+C to copy the error, or take a normal screenshot with something like Gyazo. I don't want to turn my head sideways to read an error report.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2021
    If you fix the problem Folle64 pointed out, and it's still not working (it doesn't open a window or anything, if you're confused), try running it as an administrator, or in compatibility mode.

Also, you can Ctrl+C to copy the error, or take a normal screenshot with something like Gyazo. I don't want to turn my head sideways to read an error report.

I did all of that as I said in the post. Sorry the errors are like that I'm on my phone.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years

• That's better. Try to do that from now on.
    So while you may have run extendtext.exe, it doesn't automatically fix your problems. Open the events that cause these problems and edit those lines so that they're all on one line. If you can't get it all on on line, that's because you're not running extendtext.exe . If that's the case, open your task manager and force it to close, then try reopening it as admin.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2021

That's better. Try to do that from now on.
    So while you may have run extendtext.exe, it doesn't automatically fix your problems. Open the events that cause these problems and edit those lines so that they're all on one line. If you can't get it all on on line, that's because you're not running extendtext.exe . If that's the case, open your task manager and force it to close, then try reopening it as admin.

I did all of that and Extendtext.exe still won't open:(

Last edited:
    Back