• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Faeries & Legends [Night Four - Banquet]

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
  • Did you not read? Naku just confirmed that he forgot to send me the PM. Fletch did whisper.

You are my top scumread, avoiding to whisper is stupid and the reason you gave is even more stupid. There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't whisper to me, I already know the most important roles, so whatever role is left is just ****, meaning nobody has a good enough to reason to avoid whispering other than being scum.

I jumbled up and misinterpreted your post with you saying that Fletch was lying and the one where you cleared him. Excuse me for making an error, people do that sometimes.
    ##unburn Fletch
    How that reason stupid? Why would the mafia even hesitate in lying about their role early on, it will likely end in the demise of the person who's actually innocent before they do. This whole strategy of whispering roles is really against the spirit of the game and the fact that Naku is letting it slide must prove that it's severely flawed.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I'd rather just lynch you tbh

jZn4KnP.jpg

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I'm just imagining a person carefully trying to whisper to another the entire dialogue of a movie, and everyone else trying to listen too, in order to "overhear" it and get useful information.

You know, Johnny, on the chance that you are scum, then you're giving your side a practically unstoppable advantage. And if you are legitimate, I also share the concern of illegimate whispers getting the real role-holder burned. You must understand a little skepticism. Though, you did say you already took in the vital roles, which means that there are people in power who have faith in you - or they're lying scum, misleading you to hell.

Or was your proof of your role undoubtable? I'm not doing a great job of keeping track of every post.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • oops, i forgot to give a note last night, let me whisper real quick.

also that riddle was easy come on seth
    Lol, are you the Sphinx?

GUYS GUYS I HAVE SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO SAY!

Grendel recruits are colored brown. Alex was the Hippocampus, as the Sphinx is still alive, and Grendel lost the Hippocampus.

Both the Sphinx and Moses were recruited by Grendel, meaning two people were recruited that night.

I did not send an action last night, and I highly doubt anyone would visit me last night, unless the Tanuki did infact switched me and Sun last night, and people targeted Sun.

My role says that when I target someone, their power may be hindered, or empowered, or killed if the Firebird is dead.

I targeted Klippy on N0, and he did not say anything about it.

FOSing on Klippy on being Grendel.
    If I've got this right, you empowered Klippy N0, and now you think Grendel recruited twice last night because of it? I don't think he did though, Grendel just has Moses right now, and not the Sphinx.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • I have confirmation of many roles, I know for SURE the legitimacy of some whispers. I am an immortal, confirmed innocent in a game with whispers allowed and you want to avoid using that leverage? Do you even mafia, bruh?

I'll tell you why this is a great opportunity for the town: You know what prevents the town from mass claiming at the start of a game? That EVERYONE would be outed, but if everyone whispers to me, I can only out those who are being counterclaimed, meaning that I do not have to expose everyone and get the whole mafia in a row, I can simply out them two by two and prevent the innocent from dying. The mafia wouldn't even try to kill whoever is outed because we have two doctor-esque roles, meaning that we can kill two mafia in a row and have two more innocents outed and protected.

Half the game has already realized this and you're still refusing to whisper, which puts you in a tight spot. Discrediting the idea of whispering to me is in the mafia's best interest.

This is exactly what I mean it would be broken if it wasn't severely flawed. Every other Mafia game I've played elsewhere did not have whispering because it would be too overpowered to role claim secretly to one untouchable individual. The deck is already stacked enough against the mafia aside from just numbers. There's the Valk and a few land mine players to boot, why would Naku give town an even bigger advantage then what they already have? Right now the mafia already lost, they're down two out of six losing both of their secret roles so we know that they don't have any trump cards.

Oh and the logic behind everyone publicly role-claiming their roles is also way against mafia because any counter claims would out them anyways and with 43 to 6 they can make errors in who they lynch because mafia would NEVER be able to reach a point where they would be able to outnumber town. The reason you don't mass role claim at the start is because it literally ruins the game. You waste the GM's time putting in hints in the story to actually figure out who is scum and who isn't because you want to just cheese a victory rather then actually have fun. I'm not whispering my role to you because that would just straight up be unfun. So when you say if I actually play Mafia, yes I do, not because I want to solve a puzzle, but because I want to play a game of lies and mystery.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    The very reason that no one claimed the same role yet is probably because everyone who claimed so far is innocent, which means everyone who didn't claim is scum in my eyes so I'm just gonna out a few of them who I believe are extremely suspicious. Note that many inactives haven't whispered yet so I can't really read them.

Pecilia, Syn, Melody, Klippy, Lugarugan, Juno, Bidoof, Lelouch, Cay and Lost.

Every one of these have at least posted once so they have to whisper ASAP.
    Hold on. Why am I not in this list? That doesn't make any sense.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • So, basically you're saying you want to help the mafia? Well then, pardon my doubts, but I do wonder if you even mafia...

Leave the balance of the game to the GM, your job as a player is to play the game, not to question the setup.

I'm convinced you're either mafia or a SJW. So by all means, people. Lynch Pecilia

Johnny you misunderstand. I'm not undermining Naku's ability to GM and balance a game. I'm doubting the fact that whispering your role to one confirmed/"immortal" inno wouldn't have a severe disadvantage to the town. For the last sentence the latter is not relevant at all. I'm going to whisper you something that may help you narrow down any counter claims you may be hiding or for future ones if you want to play this way.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

It's easy, try to perform an action on Johnny -- if he dies he's a fraud and if he lives he's the real thing. Although I believe he's the real deal.

And nope Johnny, I didn't pick the mafia but the mafia life can pick me by recruiting me. Lol So far they haven't reached out to me (which is a good thing, bc not a fan with the mafia team's abilities) and they must think I'm not good enough for them. XD

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I guess you missed the part where I was publicy revealed as the dryad? lol

I have to be honest, I didn't really read everyone's roles and even if I did I forgot them immediately after reading. Don't look at me like that, Naku. XD

The most important thing I recall about your role is that you're nearly immortal, although we all believe that you can be killed by lynching and I also think that an ability/an item that is yet to be known to the public can kill you as well (Kinda like Bard's The Office, he adds new items almost every night phrase).

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • I already told you, this is an advantage, not a disadvantage. You have no reason to believe that whispering is a disadvantage so how about you get on it? If you refuse to whisper then you're the one holding us back, because the important roles have already whispered and there's no point in letting less useful roles to create confusion.

I shouldn't have to go this far to convince you to whisper. The reasons you've given are baseless and irrelevant, such as these:

You're literally saying that other games didn't have this mechanic because it would be overpowered to role claim secretly to an immortal role. Well guess what, this game does have said mechanic, so why no use it?

Again. You're speculating of what would've happened if this game didn't have that mechanic, but your argument is simply irrelevant, because we do have that mechanic.

And this is your final reason... I'm sorry, but I'm not buying that crap of the town having the upper hand and you want to make them a solid and play fair or whatever.

Again, for the umpteenth time, you're overlooking the fact that Naku wouldn't let this pass without a counter-action that would be dire for everyone who whispered their role. I don't know how else I can explain this to you. I know I'm not the only one who knows better than too just tell you my role, but I seem to be the only one defending the belief that telling my role is a bad idea.

Years
  • Omfg, is that the Bee Movie? lmfao

@Johnny: Grendel failed to get the Hippocampus because he died. Valkyrie chose him over the people who died.

@Drewbie: We have two Valkyries, coz of Doppelganger. The max deaths we have now is two.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up :D

I'm just imagining a person carefully trying to whisper to another the entire dialogue of a movie, and everyone else trying to listen too, in order to "overhear" it and get useful information.

You know, Johnny, on the chance that you are scum, then you're giving your side a practically unstoppable advantage. And if you are legitimate, I also share the concern of illegimate whispers getting the real role-holder burned. You must understand a little skepticism. Though, you did say you already took in the vital roles, which means that there are people in power who have faith in you - or they're lying scum, misleading you to hell.

Or was your proof of your role undoubtable? I'm not doing a great job of keeping track of every post.

*facepalm*

He outed dryad very very early... I am honestly considering lynching you for this...

Lol, are you the Sphinx?

I'm really good with riddles, and it said the riddle in the phase post if you missed it. It was kind of obvious tbh. Actually I wish I could be the Sphinx, that seems like a fun role.

I have to be honest, I didn't really read everyone's roles and even if I did I forgot them immediately after reading. Don't look at me like that, Naku. XD

The most important thing I recall about your role is that you're nearly immortal, although we all believe that you can be killed by lynching and I also think that an ability/an item that is yet to be known to the public can kill you as well (Kinda like Bard's The Office, he adds new items almost every night phrase).

Hmm, this actually seems like something that could exist. I'm surprised I didn't think of this to be honest.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Hmm, this actually seems like something that could exist. I'm surprised I didn't think of this to be honest.

It's just possible, Naku is a regular and a mafia game veteran, he wouldn't make a huge loop hole and imbalance in his game. XD So... Before something like that gets added in the game, we better get rid of the mafias (especially their recruiting role).

Back