• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Family resemblance

Years
    ... have you got any, like the same nose as your uncle, or a very similar ear to your grandmother? Does anyone ever say 'well stab me with a wooden stake and dye my hair khaki, you look so much like your ___!'...? Is there much family resemblance in your family at all?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I saw a pic of my dad once when he was a young boy, and my parents always told me I was the spitting image of him. I also know that I have my dad's big feet and my mom's shortness (she's 5'2, I'm 5'4. Dad is close to six feet). That's about all I really know.

pkmin3033

Apart from my grandmother's hair, I don't look bear any resemblance to anyone in my immediate family...which is somewhat odd, because my brother looks a lot like my father, and he has traits from my mother too. I don't have anything from either of them in terms of physical traits, making me the odd-one out...

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I have my mom's nose, my dad's hair color, my grandfather's hair and height. My parents are 5'6 and 5'8... somehow I ended up over 6'3.

Years
    Apparently I look like an uncle of mine. Same (empiric) nose, eyes, hair colour, stature. We've even got the same mean streak. Plus I am regularly accused of looking pissed off and murderous when I'm reading, concentrating and watching television, so my features are arranged very sulkily. A built-in scowl and whatnot.

But I have been told crazy things by strangers, like that I'm practically indistinguishable from so-and-so and blah-blah-blah, which is utter rubbish. Huh. Well my ___ says I look foreign.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    i look almost precisely like my father except with my mother's skin tone. i don't really look like her at all besides that

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Some people say I look like my mom others say that I don't look like my mom and my sister looks more like my mom. I suppose it just depends on who you're talking to. I guess I have the same eyes as my mom but that's the most I really know when looking the same.

Years
    My dad disagrees but everyone else (including myself) think I look a lot like him. I definitely have his smile.

Years
    My mother, father, sister and I all have the same blue eyes. I have my mother's blonde hair and her full lips and I have my father's high cheekbones. I've also been told I have my maternal grandmother's nose. I do have a similar stature to a lot of my aunts on my father's side, slim and tall.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    All of my physical traits are from my mum (nose, eyebrows, height, ears, eye shape, body shape etc.) with the exception of my face shape which is a lot like my Dad's. Apparently I look almost exactly like my mum except my eyes are more downcast and unintentionally done compared to hers. I also apparently have my late grandfather's dimples which sometimes appear when I smile hard enough!

Bay

Years
    I don't really know which traits I have more from my parents, except that I definitely have my mom's eyes. Both my parents are non-white, but my skin is darker than my mom's while lighter than my dad's.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I definitely share resembalances with my dad from his younger days. I didn't think so for a while but had been told that by others, and at some point I saw an old photo of him and it definitely made sense then.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
    Everyone always says I look a lot like my mom (cause we have a similar hair color) until they see me with my dad and then they say my dad and I look exactly alike. Personally I can't see it at all but I have seen some ancient relatives on my mom's side that bear some resemblance to me.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    People say I'm a pretty even split between my mom and my dad. Personally I think I look like my dad more, and I think people say I look like my mom to make me feel better since she's quite pretty, even in her 60s now but especially when she was younger.

Fun fact, when I was little I would be really upset when people said I looked like my dad, because I didn't understand the concept of family resemblance, so what do you mean I look like a man

I have two older half brothers and none of us look alike at all - I look most like my dad, my oldest brother looks a little bit like my dad when he was younger and maybe many, many lbs ago (but you really have to look for the resemblance) and my other brother looks like his mom/relatives on his mom's side, so we just don't look related at all.

Last edited:

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
    i don't look like either of my parents, but my dad says i looked like him when he was a teenager. i've seen photos, and i don't really see it. i see a slight resemblance in how i look with one of my aunts when i smile, but that's about it.

Years
    I look exactly like my dad. His people are all tall, dark with strong bones, curvaceous and in good health. They have wild, ever-curling hair, small almond-eyes, round faces, full noses, and lips that are pouty and very rosy-colored. I even have the feet of his family--hardly any any arches, and the long-slender fingers. People tell me I look like my dad more often than people tell Harry Potter he looks like James.

Years
    I don't really think I look like my parents, siblings, or any of my other relatives. Someone told me I look relatively similar to one of my first cousins, but I don't see it. :{

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Most people who haven't seen my dad say I look like my mom. Though she swears up and down that I look like him. I do share resemblance to a few of my cousins though.

Back