• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fav and least fav Alolan forms.

Years
    I love Alolan Dugtrio! It's golden locks of hair is just beyond mortals understanding. It was one of my favorites when I started playing Pok?mon Yellow as a kid. In the anime I loved Diglet and Dugtrio chant too!

My least favorite is the Alolan Geodude line! Love Golem though, but I HATE GEODUDES AND GRAVELERS! I hate encountering these things! They're the worst! They should've gave it to another gen 1 line. Bleh! And as person who started from gen 1 why this Pok?mon? I rather have Alolan Butterfree.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    Least favourite Alolan forms: all of them. As it currently stands, I think they have gone the wrong way about making these forms and as such, I really don't like the entire concept of them. There are a couple which I think are neat, but I think the whole "regional variant" thing would have been a lot better if they only changed a very limited number of pokemon a little - say 3 or 4 from each generation get a slight colour change or a different looking feature - and maybe a couple of pokemon get a new type or something.

For example, Rattata's Alola form seems kinda cool but unnecessary. The new look would have been enough for me to say "oh look, we're in a new region and the pokemon are different" and that would have been fine. Then on top of that (I assume anyway) I'd go to an icy area and find the ice type Sandshrew and Vulpix. That would be awesome because those retypings would make sense.

As it is, I think this concept has been done the wrong way. Why do (as far as we know) only Kanto pokemon get Alolan forms? Have none of the others had chance to evolve, because that's just dumb?

That being said, I hope the games prove me wrong!

(If I had to pick favourites, Sandshrew and Vulpix are actually kinda awesome although it pains me to admit.)

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
    Ninetails and Raichu are perfections. I wanted Ninetails to get a mega evolution to make it more competitive, but I think Alolan Ninetails is going to be interesting in that aspect. It's the ultimate dragon killer. My fiance wanted a mega Raichu so much. He pretty much had an aneurysm because it didn't. He cried tears of joy when Alolan Raichu was announced.

I personally hate Alolan Persian. I understand the lore behind it, but it looks so bad...

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Alolan Raichu is my fav by a mile. I love Raichu and it's nice to see it getting some love since it's normally overshadowed by Pikachu. Electric/Psychic typing along with its cool ability - and the fact that it's absolutely adorable as well ^__^ ily alolan raichu <3
    Even Pokémon researchers don't know why Raichu's form changed in the Alola region. The people of Alola seem unconcerned by the question. Their guess: maybe it ate too many sweet and fluffy round pancakes!
    ok

...alolan persian though... I don't even want to look at it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2020
    Alolan Ninetales is my favorite by far. I've always liked Ninetales, but I never used it because I'm not fond of the Fire type. However, I love both the Ice and Fairy types, Fairy being my new favorite of them all. No way am I passing up Alolan Ninetales on my first playthrough.

My least favorite would be Alolan Persian. I wanted to use Alolan Meowth, but the design of Alolan Persian immediately made me change my mind. I'm put off by the size and shape of its head.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Suprised to see Alolan Exeggutor get a lot of praise here, which is good because I like it too ^_^. I dunno but it looks hilarious to me. Definitely my second fave Alolan form second to Ninetales.

I'm also glad to see Alolan Persian getting hated here. I want to throw it into the lake!

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Favorite: Alolan Marowak! I love the darker color scheme and the flames on the bone actually make sense because of fire twirlers in Hawaiian Luaus. :) Though Alolan Nineties is gorgeous and Sandslash is epic.
    Least favorite: Alolan Dugtrio, looks too odd. :p

Least fav: Marowak and Persian, but if I had too choose one I like less than the other, I'd say Persian, but both of them look terrible. Alolan Marowak looks so bad I want to punch it. Dull colour scheme, and what is up with those flames? I think it's trying too hard to be awesome. Regular Marowak looks a thousand times more appealing and I like it a gazillion times more.

See above as for my theory of "what is up with those flames" :) (I've been to Hawaii and the fire twirlers at the luau were epic)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    By design, the best is definitely Ninetales, but the one I'm most excited about and most likely to use is Raichu.

Least favorite is a toss up between Muk and Exeggutor.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    My favorite is Raichu. I normally like Pikachu much more than Raichu, and tend to prioritizing using an unevolved Pikachu in my in-game teams as a result, but this makes me really want to add a Raichu to my team. Although I still want my standard Pikachu, too, so I guess I'll just catch two of them...

I also like the Sandshrew line a good amount.

My least favorites are Dugtrio and Persian. Overall, I'm mixed on the whole Alola forms thing, and I really wish they'd done more with them (had them for all Pokemon, or if they wanted to stick with gen I, at least for all gen I Pokemon).

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I'm kinda mixed with these whole Alolan Gen 1 forms since while its an interesting take on some older creatures especially from the oldest Generation, but it kinda makes me wonder if Gamefreak could have used more time in developing more creatures in Alola but oh well.

I personally kinda like all of these Alolan forms but if i have to say something about my least favorite, it would be the Alolan Diglet. Not saying that I hate this form but as silly at it looks to me, its not something that would fit my fancy. Then again, no hating on these critters.

Alolan Grimer and especially Alolan Muk has definitely won me over for the favorite Alolan forms. I mean not only does Alolan Muk look so grotesquely interesting in its own way, but it makes me think of how it did it came to be.

Years
    my favourite is definitely Ninetales. Least favourite... I too would say Dugtrio or Persian. But the Geodude line is very close too...

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Alolan Raichu is my favorite. It's super cute!! As far as my least favorite, I don't really dislike any of them.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2016
    Favorite is Ninetales, it just looks so awesome and has amazing offensive typing.

Least favorite is Dugtrio because what were they thinking...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My favorite Alolan form is Exeggutor's because of all the memes surrounding it. I don't like Alolan Persian too much because its head is too big in proportion to its body. I understand that it's based on the British shorthair, but they could have made the body just as poofy/fat as the head.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    Ninetales. They took my favourite Pokemon and managed to make it even more beautiful, which I didn't know was possible.

I didn't like Alolan Raticate at first, but his chubby cheeks have grown on me.

Really dislike Alolan Persian. I had such high hopes for it when Alolan Meowth was released and was thoroughly disappointed, to say the least.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
    My favourite Alola form has to be Persian. I find it beautiful and VERY cute. This is definitly a pokémon I want on my team.

Least favourite is Dugtrio. Just WHAT is that?!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Favorite: Ninetales
    Least Favorite: Exeggutor, though Dugtrio is a close 2nd

Favorite? Probably my snow baby:

Fav and least fav Alolan forms.

Don't have a least favorite. I love all Pokémon. Grimer's teeth will take a little getting used to though lol.

Back