• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite beta Pokemon?

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
Years
  • There are plenty of beta pokemon out there, which one is your favorite? and why?

My favorite is this guy:
    Favorite beta Pokemon?

I think he has a really cool concept, He was also gonna be fire/water, which would be nice considering volcanion is the only other one. I can also see him getting a evo as well, which would be pretty cool. And look at him, He's adorable! :D

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • The Kotora line, Meowsy and the Rinring line. You can never have enough cats. 😺

As for beta forms of Mons that made it in, I think beta Kingdra is way better than the one we got.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • The baby form for Ponyta is really cute. Also the baby forms for Vulpix and Growlithe.

Beta Raikou I prefer over the one we got.

The earliest form of what would become Celebi was based off an ancient wind instrument playing deity, which was pretty awesome. Although, it likely could have been known another culturally insensitive design for many reasons.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Favorite beta Pokemon?

Konya filled my heart with love, I wish it existed. 💔
    I will likely never forgive Game Freak for cutting out this baby. Meowth did need a kitten form, especially in light of that one Journeys anime episode...

I also forgot to mention the Wolfman line, for their remarkable similarity in inspiration to Mimikyu - mysterious beings pretending to be other Pokémon. Plus, Wolfman is pretty cute.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Probably Wolfman for me. Pretty cute, kind of reminds me of Snorunt. I also enjoy the more cat-like beta Hoppip.

However, out of all it beta mon that should've been added to the games, I think Konya most deserved a spot. Conceptually, at least, considering Meowth and Pikachu's cat and mouse relationship (thought to be reflected in their 'dex numbers) and the fact that Pikachu got a baby. I don't hate its design, though I am confused by the floating coins and I think that it could've been made a bit more distinct from Meowth. Maybe something closer to this Fakemon that someone tried to pass off as Skitty before RS came out:

ddjoil7-1a02dcaf-c924-459e-b704-de12211b46c9.jpg

Last edited:
    Back