• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Poll] Favorite box art legendary

Favorite box art legendary

• Lugia

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Ho-oh

• Groudon

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Kyogre

• Palkia

• Dialga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reshiram

• Zekrom

• Yveltal

• Xerneas

• Lunala

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Solgaleo

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

• Koraidon

• Miraidon

• Total voters

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
Years
  • What is your favorite box art legendary? Explain your reason why it's your favorite. Mine is palkia because I really like gen 4 and her design is amazing, I really wish she got a better origin form, but at least she got one. also the color scheme is perfect and I like water types so thats why palkia is my favorite.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Ho-Oh was my absolute favorite Pokémon for a long time. It was so mysterious in the first episode of the anime, and I used it to beat Pokémon Trainer Red and my gamer cousin for the first time.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Lugia, likely just for its design. Feels unique while being relatively simple.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Zacian is my favorite legendary overall, so it's an easy vote for me. I love wolves and Zacian is just a great design that really appeals to me.

Years
  • From these I'd go with Lunala. I love it's design.

That said I'd take both Rayquaza (Emerald box art) and Kyurem (B2W2 Box art) over it, but those weren't included in the poll.
    Necrozma from the USUM box art, Suicune from Crystal and Giratina from the Platinum box art are missing as well, but I wouldn't pick those over Rayquaza and Kyurem.

Last edited:

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • From these I'd go with Lunala. I love it's design.

That said I'd take both Rayquaza (Emerald box art) and Kyurem (B2W2 Box art) over it, but those weren't included in the poll.
    Necrozma from the USUM box art, Suicune from Crystal and Giratina from the Platinum box art are missing as well, but I wouldn't pick those over Rayquaza and Kyurem.

for this poll I only wanted to do the two version exclusive legendarys to see what people liked best.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Obviously Charizard (Red version), the best Pokémon of them all.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jokes aside, I'm going with Lugia because I hold a lot of nice memories concerning the Silver version, the game that most definitely got me addicted to the Pokémon series.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    My favorite box legendary is Zekrom, which has also been my favorite Pokemon ever since Gen 5 came about. I've never been very good at putting into words why I like what I like, but I like dragons a lot and like the lore and basis for its design

and speaking of box legend dragons:
    I really wish she got a better origin form, but at least she got one
    Yeah the Origin forms for Palkia and Dialga are kinda....not great. Like I get that maybe it was in part to reference their connection to Arceus or something, but holy shit that's really what we got?

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Lunala, it's just such a gorgeous Pokémon and the box art is just stunning. Also one of my favourite legendaries undoubtably. Giratina, Palkia, Ho-oh, and Xerneas are all contenders, however. There are so many exceptional box art designs!

unovaboo

Three Dewotts in a Trenchcoat
    Years
  • Zekrom, it strikes the perfect balance between awe-inspiring and intimidating. Something about the pitch black body with the red eyes and blue highlights is captivating to me, not to mention its stunning cry. I've always found Zekrom's cry in particular to be one of the few legendary Pokemon cries that actually sounds legendary. It's a powerful roar that is simultaneously beautiful and terrifying.

..... I'm probably a little bias though, considering that White was my first ever Pokemon game. I'll be damned if that 3D Zekrom at the start menu didn't make a lasting impact on me, though. Still gives me chills.

Years
  • I came into this thread wanting to vote for Rayquaza, but since that's not an option, I'll go with Lugia. The 2nd Pokemon movie really helps its rating for me, plus I have some fun memories using it in Gold. Kyogre would be a close 2nd/3rd choice for me.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • It's Zekrom for me. It's my favorite legendary Pokemon and has been for quite a while.
    I really enjoyed the game it came from and the lore surrounding it. Its design is incredible as well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Either Lunala or Koraidon. I've always like bats, ghost types, and celestial designs, so Lunala was a home run for me. However playing through Scarlet really made me bind with Koraidon, it's just a big sandwich loving dino dork.

Years
  • Kyoge Because it's powerful and looks cool without being over designed like some of the other box legends. I generally like the new Pokemon in each gen but the box legends have been kinda underwhelming since BW imo.

Back