• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Cover Art [2013]

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    So far in this year, what is your favorite album and single cover art and why?

220px-Katy_Perry_-_%22Unconditionally%22.png

This is my favorite covert art for a single because it looks really nice.

220px-Britney_Jean.png

My favorite album artwork because its nice and simple.​

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • This one looks pretty good. I'm so not up to date on music I literally had to search 2013 albums, I have no idea who Ryan Hemsworth is.

9qzq.jpg

Years
  • The temptation to post Yeezus will be fought...

Album - Bring Me The Horizon - Sempiternal

BMTH-Sempiternal.jpg

In a year of poor album artworks, this is one I actually like. There have been a lot of albums I've appreciated this year, but the cover art has mainly been pretty crap. I would have went with French Montana's Excuse My French (which wasn't a good album), but the text on it really ruined the look.

Single - Azealia Banks - Yung Rapunxel

Azealia_Banks_-_Yung_Rapunxel_single_cover.png

I usually have download whole albums rather than singles so I don't catch much single artwork, but since her album isn't out yet I have this as a single. It pretty much reflects the craziness of the song itself.​

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    331k21h.png

This album cover just screams I'm Demi Lovato. Buy my album because I'm so beautiful in this photo. I've never really been paying much attention to her music, but ever since I heard Heart Attack, I was hooked.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • The cover art to Foals' Holy Fire is probably my favourite from this year. Incredibly gorgeous.

foals.jpg

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Three album covers spring to mind.

OneRepublic_-_Native.png

Native from OneRepublic
    The blend of color and animals makes for a stunning and eye catching cover. It helps that the album is good too!

1-Yeezus_304x304.jpg

Yeezus from Kanye
    I actually haven't listened to the album, but the minute I saw the album cover for Yeezus, I wished it was from an artist who I would have bought it from.

65ej-2013Bastille-BAD-BLOOD-ALBUM-SLEEVE010313.jpg

Bad Blood
    from Bastille
    This has a perfect blend between the text font and the image. It's dark, intriguing, and much like the album itself it tells a story. It also has the very retro vibe to it that I like.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
    Years
  • album is between these 2
    Pusha_T_My_Name_Is_My_Name.jpg
    ArcadeFireReflektor.jpg

not sure about the single, maybe
    Spoiler:

Artemis said:
    Yeezus from Kanye
    I actually haven't listened to the album, but the minute I saw the album cover for Yeezus, I wished it was from an artist who I would have bought it from.

Why isn't Kanye an artist you'd buy an album from? He's highly acclaimed by critics. Also you probably should listen.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Why isn't Kanye an artist you'd buy an album from? He's highly acclaimed by critics. Also you probably should listen.
    His music just doesn't excite me. In general, Rap / HipHop isn't a genre I listen to very often pardon a few songs / artists. Probably the last song from Kanye I was really into when it was a big thing at the time was Stronger. Which coincidentally also had a cool single's cover art back then as well as a nice nod to Daft Punk.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • This is also one of my favourites. It looks like a photo you'd find at the back of your closet that you took on a holiday a decade ago.

Whenever, If Ever by The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die:-

tumblr_mm167acK921qhls5lo1_500__32508_zoom.jpg

65ej-2013Bastille-BAD-BLOOD-ALBUM-SLEEVE010313.jpg

Bad Blood
    from Bastille
    This has a perfect blend between the text font and the image. It's dark, intriguing, and much like the album itself it tells a story. It also has the very retro vibe to it that I like.

The Bad Blood cover art always kinda reminded me of this poster for one of David Lynch's films:-

Spoiler:

Domo Genesis

This is Beautiful, This is Art
    Years
  • This is also one of my favourites. It looks like a photo you'd find at the back of your closet that you took on a holiday a decade ago.

Whenever, If Ever by The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die:-

tumblr_mm167acK921qhls5lo1_500__32508_zoom.jpg
    God, this band is soooo good. They have a really interesting name, too.
    wow i love this! thank you also for giving me a new great band to listen to!!!!!

forest-swords_engravings_cover-500x500.jpg

forest swords - engravings :3
    God, I love Forest Swords. their new effort is just so awesome.
    I find the covert art for Altered State by TesseracT to be pretty cool.
    Tesseract-Altered-State-album-cover-art-300x297.jpg

Back