• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite/Least Favorite Alola Form?

smocks

fiat lux
Years
  • Well, what's your Favorite/Least Favorite Alola Form? Why or why not?

My favorite is (obviously) Alola Ninetales!! It's design brought me to tears & it's typing Ice/Fairy is so unique & so helpful on my team.

Least Favorite has to be Dugtrio, not fond of it's hair + it having more type weakness.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I agree with Ninetales...My personal favorite though is the geodude line, I love the design a lot even if its ground type weakness got magnified with the new typing. Special shoutout to the Sandshrew line and Rattata.

Least favorite though has to be Raticate, I absolutely do not like that design, its just ugly to me. I also dont like Dugtrio much and the Grimer line is hit and miss depending on my mood, (though it is super helpful in battle). But yeah, Raticate is no bueno

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Alolan Dugtrio is honestly one of my favorite Pokemon period and I will fight everyone. Least favorite Alolan form is. Uh. I guess Persian? I don't know. I don't really dislike any of them, if I'm being honest. I don't even dislike Persian's Alolan form, but I guess I'm just picking something for the sake of picking something.

Years
  • I like Alolan Ninetales the most Because of how powerful it can be in battle
    And i just love it's design from the first time i saw it

Least favorite would probably be Alolan Golem i like it's typing But the way it looks with that rough beard Is just terrible

CurtisS2013

"Nothing is worth doing, unless you give your best
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    My favorite would have to be Alolan Ninetales as well.
    Beautiful and powerful...Win/win to me.
    Least favorite would have to be the Diglett line, seems that they put so lil effort in its final form... Dugtrio...

cleffable

Cleff
    Years
  • Ninetales is the best for me. Is so beatiful, (screams GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YOU DID IT)
    Worst: Persian. First form: OMG A SUPER FORM OF MEOWTH PERSIAN WILL BE A MASTERPIECE
    > EVOLVES
    WHY YOU HATE ME SO, GAME FREAK???????????

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
    Years
  • Favorite: Raichu
    Least Fav: Persian

I just cannot get over Persian's odd head sizing :S

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Muk and Exeggutor and my favorites. Not only are their typings unique, but their backstories and designs are also whimsical!

As for my least favorite, Raticate comes to mind. It is ridiculously ugly, in terms of both color scheme and overall design. Plus, its typing is quite detrimental.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    LOVED Marowak. The ghost type was like unexpected??? But made so much sense. I also think the design of the fire twirling was incredible. They turned such a sad back story into such a HEATED one LOL. I never used Cubone or Marowak before, so it was neat to use it for the first time through the game.

Also I really loved Sandshrew's new look. I love Sandshrew anyway but ICE TYPE AND STEEL. Shoot, pal.

Least fav was Dugtrio, mainly because I got real tired of looking at it in the desert HA.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I'm honestly not a big fan of the Alolan forms, mostly due to them all being Gen 1 Pokemon (most of them being Gen 1 Pokemon I don't care about), and the fact that I feel there's not enough of them, with only three exceptions really.

Favorite: The only ones I really even like are Alolan Ninetales, Raichu, and to a lesser extent Marowak. Ninetales because it's already one of my favorite Pokemon, and the fact that it evokes an arctic fox, probably making it the only one of the Alolan forms that has a real life basis. For Marowak, it's an interesting callback to the Ghost Marowak from Gen 1 we could never catch, and for Raichu... well I'm just glad they did SOMETHING with Raichu after giving it's previous stages so much attention.
    Least Favorite: The rest of the Alolan forms I don't like... at all. Alolan Persian, Dugtrio and Exeggutor are jokes in terms of their designs, Alolan Raticate is only a Dark type for the sake of having a Gen 1 Dark type (and so is Persian, but Raticate moreso since Alolan Persian is at least competitively better), Alolan Muk has no point in existing, Alolan Sandslash's typing makes no sense given the real life animal it's based on (a pangolin, which doesn't live in icy climates) as well as having a type combination that makes it weak to the two most competitively used types. And Alolan Golem looks like a Chinese stereotype.

Okay, I'll admit I think Alolan Persian is one of the better ones, so I'll put it in the middle between the ones I like and the ones I don't like.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Cannot stand the latter three Alola forms. It's such a shame because while Persian and Raticate are understandably kind of ugly, Golem had serious potential to actually look badass and not like someone drove a wrench through it.

It looks like someone tried their hardest to turn a boulder into Mario, what with the silly facial hair. At least it has a redeeming quality, that being a unique Rock/Electric typing which I personally dig. It's basically a big "go away" to Flying.

Now, I love the idea of the Alolan forms. A Pokemon varying in appearance, type and sometimes even abilities depending on geographic location? An idea that's, in my opinion, been long overdue. They're brilliant to me! Hopefully the idea's improved upon in a later installment.

Now then, the thread's question. As for Alolan forms that I like, I absolutely love Raichu's Alolan form. It goes from being a cool and kinda cute electric mouse to a super adorable one that I can't get enough of. After my first playthrough of Moon, I started again JUST to use this form. I have to say, my heart melts whenever I see it in Pokemon Refresh. Other forms that I really like are Marowak's and Muk's. Apart from shared likes between the two (that being their battling prowess - seriously, they're both amazing in competitive battling thus far), I love Marowak's typing and how it serves as a little homage to the Marowak ghost from Lavender Town and just the Cubone story in general, while Muk becomes a Skittle due to the garbage it eats in Alola, and it's less toxic waste as it is "happy garbage muncher".

Least favourites? Honestly, just Persian. Looks like the end result of getting too close to a wasp's nest and it became a boring mono Dark type with an annoying ability in Fur Coat. It's just downright ugly.

edit: add Dugtrio to my least favourites because even though Ground/Steel is amazing typing, Dugtrio does not make very good use of it. That and it looks weird with the hair, and competitively it's just "meh".

Last edited:
    Years
  • Dunno how Alolan-Exeggutor can't your favorite. It's literally the God.

And then Dugtrio, with the hair. It's just plain beautiful.

Not of fan of Rattata or Raticate, nothing about them appeals to me.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • Alolan Raichu is so cute! It's easily my favorite along with Marowak and Rattata. It's a shame that I don't like Alolan Raticate as much. Alolan Golem's design isn't my favorite thing either, pretty much the opposite instead.

FloofyIncineroar

The fluffiest giant kitty.
    Years
  • My favorite would probably be Exeggutor and Muk. Exeggutor because it looked funny, and Muk because, aside from being bulky as all heck, it was part of my offline team and therefore it grew on me. My least favorite is probably Diglet. Alola Dugtrio at least had enough hair to be worthy of making He-Man jokes out of. Diglett looks almost similar to its Kanto form except the color of the ground around it and the most minuscule amount of hair.

Jakuzure

The Snake
    Years
  • Alolan Ninetales and Marowak are my favourites, particularly Ninetales. I have wanted an Ice-type Ninetales for so long, so I was over the moon when they released it and it was also Fairy-type. :3

Least favourites are Alolan Persian and Dugtrio. I just can't take to their designs at all. :(

Years
  • Not a big fan of Grimer's palette swap form, but what really makes me confused is how no one thinks that giant spike on top of Sandslash's back looks bad. It looks really bad.

Favorite is Exeggutor.

Years
  • Let's see, my favourite Alola form is Persian because it looks like Garfield.

And my least favourite Alola form is Golem cause I'm not a fan of it's design.

Back