• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Normal Type! ♥

Shhmew

Years
    I was looking for this thread and couldn't find it! So well I'm making it hehe

Post your favorite Normal type Pokemon, or list a few of your favorites, it's up to you! Also be sure to say the reasons why you chose that Pokemon, even if it's simply because it's super cute ;3 (or not; just remember the 4/25 rule of course)

Normal is my favorite type, and narrowing down which are my favorite is very difficult for me, so I'll hold off on listing mine right now. But what about you? :)

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    My favorites have to be Stoutland, zigzagoon and zangoose.
    Reasons I like Stoutland is cause it's strong.
    Zangoose has a sweet design,
    And zigzagoon has pickup. And it's a little raccoon!

Years
    Snorlax! It suddenly became one of my favourites when I realized how cute it actually is, aside from the laziness XD Audino and Sentret are cute Normal-types too :3

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    My favorite is definitely Cinccino. It's soooooo cute <3 And it kicks butt in battle. Skill Link has to be one of the best abilities in the whole game, and it's so much fun watching Tail Slap slowly chip away at my opponent's HP. Or Rock Blast or Bullet Seed, whichever one will do the most damage.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Pyroar is my most favorite. There's a lot of reasons as to why, but its resemblance to Simba of Lion King would be the major. xD" Second would be Happiny; to me, it looks absolutely adorable. Third is Cinccino, and fourth's Pidgeot. Least favorite would probably be Slaking.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Farfetch'd, Miltank and Happiny.

Farfetch'd is no joke, neither is Miltank as you all know. And I just want to hug Happiny. They all have really nice shinies as well, except Happiny's whose I can't distinguish from the normal one haha.

Years
    I agree with Cathy on Cinccino, it's cute but also wrecks stuff with those multi-hit moves combined with Technician (for boosted power) or Skill Link (always hits 5 times). Tail Slap can be quite a threatening move under the right conditions.

Other notable ones: Wigglytuff (it's actually even better with that Fairy-type now), Miltank (one of my 2nd Gen faves and I have a shiny one on X), Ambipom (it's a monkey and I love monkeys, plus Technician FTW), Pyroar (I started liking this lion over time, and they look pretty cool) and Audino (great EXP training!).

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Here is my Top3 favorite Normal Types: #3 Ursaring: Teddiursa is so freaking cute, but its evolution is such a beast and powerful. #2 Zangoose: Always liked his design and his rivalry with Seviper. He can be really good in battles too. #1 Snorlax: Cute and Powerful at the same time, i love his laid-back way of life and as a kid i found him hilarious in the anime.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Eevee, for the evolutionary potential! ;D Although I'm actually quite in love with Heliolisk right now. Normal/Electric + Sand Veil woop!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Favorite Normal Type! ♥

To quote an actual Facebook post I made at some point last year...

Slaking has always been one of my favorite pokemon, but I couldn't quite place why until today. One of the leads at work ordered me to do a task that involves some degree of heavy lifting beyond his capacity, and he applauded me when I was able to do it efficiently despite my habit of laziness.

...and slaking's pokedex description was the first thing that came to my mind. I'm such a nerd.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2014
    This is a tough question, there are so many to choose from ... At this moment in time, my favourite Normal Type Pokémon has to be Regigigas. I have recently been competitively battling at the Battle Server and when I have used it, it has sweeped several teams in the Random category.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Zangoose, hands down. It's awesome, slashing and cool. But also Pidgeot, I suppose, as it's the most majestic and great "early bird" in my opinion. Game-wise, I also like Raticate, actually. At least early on, it's a very useful pokémon that I think gets bashed too often.

I guess I like Aipom too, not in the games though, and I shun its evolution.

Years
    I don't want to copy my answer from the favorite flying type thread, but Pidgeot is one of my favorite Normal types, too! I also really like Blissey after using one at the Battle Frontier in Pokemon Emerald. It's not very good with attacks, but if you teach one Minimize, Toxic and Softboiled, they're a huge pain to battle against.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    Porygon-Z. It's virtual, it hits hard, it has a unique (and rather cool) design. It's a Rayman Pokemon. Apart from that, Furret. It's adorableee <3

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
    Miltank, Snorlax, Ursaring, and Stoutland.
    For one reason, they are one of the best sweepers on the game, specialy when you've successfuly set curse or bulk up, and if you do, they are monsters!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    My favorite pure normal type is Cinccino. It's sooooo cute! And it's actually pretty good in battle. Skill Link and all the multi-hit moves it learns makes it a monster :D

If you include dual types, my favorite Normal type is Meloetta. She's adorable, and pretty fun to use in battle with her spontaneous form change.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
    Porygon-Z ftw!
    It really sweeps not only my feet but also its enemies!
    I also like Snorlax only because it pisses my cousin off when Im using rest+snore combo lol

Back