• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Dragon (Oct. 20-26)

Who are your favorites? (Choose as many as you want!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • mgfRcWp.png

6f8mxFb.png

Welcome to the fourth annual Favorite Pokémon Tournament, hosted here in Pokémon General! The goal of the Favorite Pokémon Tournament (or FPT), is to determine the most popular Pokémon of the users here at the PokéCommunity. This will be a 10-week set of polls culminating in mid-November, where we'll pit almost all the Pokémon from different types of past and present generations against each other to determine a winner. After we know the results of each type, we'll add all of those Pokémon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and will go down into the record books as PokéCommunity's favorite Pokémon of 2016!

If you are new to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, or would just like a refresher on the rules/process of the event, please take a look at the FAQ posted below:

Spoiler:

NOTE: Having won in previous rounds, not all eligible Pokémon have been included. Despite already being in the finale, if you'd still like to vote for an unlisted Dragon-type, check the "Other Pokémon" option represented by a (?), and leave a post with your vote.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls are open until October 26th, so get voting!

The Finalists:

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • My votes easily go to Giratina and Reshiram. I personally find them to have the best designs amongst all the other dragons, and I also enjoy using them as well.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    best type lez go

zekrom must win this time

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Dragons are hit and miss for me. They're one of the few types that I barely use and I think that is down to how late you can access a majority of them in-game. They probably have some of the most fiercest designs of any type, but Dragons aren't necessarily my favourites when it comes to choosing types.

The ones I voted for:
    • Kingdra
    • Altaria
    • Bagon line
    • Axew line
    • Druddigon

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Dragon types are also pretty hit or miss for me. I find a lot of them to have awesome designs but I find myself not really using them all that much. So the only ones I voted for were:
    Kingdra: Absolutely love this Pokemon. Though I never used it much in-game due to the difficulty of getting it in my experience, I absolutely love this design and its competitive viability.
    Dialga: Can't not vote for the best Sinnoh legendary, and one of the coolest endgame bosses in PMD. Only Suicune beats out this Lord of Time, for best legendary for me.
    Noibat line: The line the truly opened my eyes to the awesomeness of Dragon types, this is the only Pokemon to be used in every playthrough I've done in XY. Both times it was my favorite Pokemon to use, even when I had Lucario, Greninja or Hawlucha on the team, this dragon shined through.

Special shoutout to Jangmo'o and its evolutions. I can't wait to use that line, may even challenge Noivern for top Dragon in my book ;)

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Voted for Hydreigon and Noivern. Both have amazing designs, perfect colour combinations, and creative concepts.

Sirfetch’d

What is wrong with only liking Pokemon for their designs?

Anyways, I voted for Altaria and Zygarde. I find these two Pokemon to be really well designed and are quite fun to use. I am not a huge fan of the Dragon type in general so it wasn't hard finding a favorite or two.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Looks like this poll is gonna come down to the wire, another tie possibly? Maybe even 4-5 winners?

Hopefully one of my picks is part of that potential tie :P

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Simple...

Dratini line
    Bagon line
    Palkia
    Noibat line
    Zygarde

Years
  • My votes went to the Dratini evolution line and Altaria, I love the designs for all these Pokemon they're super cute :)

Years
  • What is wrong with only liking Pokemon for their designs?

Anyways, I voted for Altaria and Zygarde. I find these two Pokemon to be really well designed and are quite fun to use. I am not a huge fan of the Dragon type in general so it wasn't hard finding a favorite or two.

Agreed. My favorites are purely based off design and personality.

My favorites are Kingdra, Altaria, Flygon, and Dragalge.

Kingdra and Dragalge are badass AND beautiful seadragons, whereas Altaria and Flygon are cute hoenn dragon -- one with fluffy cloud wings and the other with pink goggles.

Back